Are you sad that you're going to eventually die?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
As long as the best ever game/manga/anime doesn't come out the day after i die, i'm cool with it. Otherwise that would suck "hey look i'm dead... NOOO GUN BATTLE SLAP FIGHT 37 WHYYYYYYYY"

Basically as long as i get to see TES and ME3 come out and see the end of TWGOK i'm good

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
Hell no, we all die and last I checked ten out of ten don't make it out alive. Just enjoy your life and try not to step on to many people in the process and you should have no regrets.

sixtysix

Apr 15, 2010
i used to be terrified of death to the point where I would need to count to 100 each night to stop thinking about it. but that has passed and i deal with it in much healthier ways now.

TriggerOnly

Oct 18, 2010
Death is the only thing in this world we can be sure of..... think about that.

I think its a comforting thought in a world were we (I believe we do not even understand are self's) completely let alone other humans and uncontrollable random events.

I also feel that it represents the meaning of life that there is none, it ends.. you can make a mark or leave a stain or simply touch nothing, but even that does not matter for the mark will fade away as the stain...

And even if you enjoy the ride, life it up any way you feel is productive and fun... I doubt you will care when your dead. (I also think there is no life after your one and only save spot was filled and no overwrite!)

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Yes and no ... I think it's kinda scary that death is a natural extrension of life ... but I also think that without death, are you alive? Would you treat life as sacred if you couldn't die?

Slangeveld

Jun 1, 2010
Yea, I'm pretty sad about that. :( I'm curious as to what games will come out in 100 years...

But not really worrying much about it.

alexbaxthedarkside

May 21, 2009
"how we deal with death is as important as how we deal with Life, wouldn't you say?" _star trek 2 _james T kirk.

i have sort of reach a point in my life where i understand a lot of things, and recognize a lot of themes running through everything, so even if i miss out on the latest film or game, i know how it will play out, so i don't feel i am missing much if i skip it, or that i wont be alive 100 years from now to see the progress of mankind.

i think in my life time i will begin to see mankind leaving this planet to set up shop on maybe the moon or mars, or possibly a world war 3 just so humanity can get a much needed kick in the arse and get its act together.

I try not to ignore the question and just say its pointless to dwell on, because thinking about your own expiration date is important. it gives you perspective. Helps you realize when you are wasting time on something that isn't helping you full fill your purpose in being here.

i like to think I will accomplish something in my life, wether it be create an animated movie that kids will enjoy, or a web series that will give people something to enjoy, or making my gf very happy or siring children that will grow to live full filled lives. If i can accomplish those i.e. make someone else other than myself happy, even if it is just my girlfriend or my parents, then I can die tomorrow thinking i have at least done something selfless and have contributed to the improvement of society.

I don't think I want to die like in Braveheart for instants, where you become the martre who dies in the pursuit of a cause. But on the other hand if the cause is so important to me one day that it requires a human sacrifice. well so long as i have fulfilled my days in such a way that i can reflect and say I did good, then i would do it.

Long winded answer but in my head I am at peace :)

P.S. I want to make a film that has an impact on people kinda like what star wars was of its day, then I am satisfied, TeHee :)

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
No. Eventual death is a fact of life.

Might as well go around lamenting that I don't have wings or magical powers.

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
Well, considering I'm looking at the next 40 to 50 years of pointless, minimum wage work because I wasn't lucky enough to have been born with parents who can pay for me to work for free to get experience in an industry I actually care about...no, I'm not sad about eventually dying.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Imperator_DK said:
No. Eventual death is a fact of life.

Might as well go around lamenting that I don't have wings or magical powers.
What happens if you have both, but still no control over death? :D

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
PaulH said:

What happens if you have both, but still no control over death? :D
Then whatever time I do have just got a whole lot more exciting!

Duskwaith

Sep 20, 2008
Ive lost 2 familly members this month and the one thing ive learned is the day to day crap is totally pointless but also life goes on even after someone dies.

Its liberating to a degree because when you think of everything your afraid off they are just trivial.

After all no one makes it out of alive

TenSecondHero

Jul 19, 2010
No. I'm not bothered about when I die. Everyone does. I am bothered about how I die though.

As long as I don't die in a hospital with a tube stuck up my nose, I'll die happy.

On the peaceful end of the scale, dying in my sleep is fine, but then so is crashing an Aston Martin into a fireworks factory or exploding.