Are your number of unplayed games increasing? And is that a problem?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The Enquirer said:
piinyouri said:
I have 14 games on my steam list and I play them all regularly.

Take that!

Cheap games are only a "problem" on PC. Ask a console player the same question. : D
Is it because console games are 60 dollars and they can only afford a few for months to avoid declaring bankrupcy? :p

OT: Yes, Believe it or not I bought Xcom as soon as it went on sale, installed it and haven't touched it yet. Depressing isn't it?
Oh my God.... I just realized what we've all become... we look for the best deals and buy something just because it's cheap and not because it's something we particularly want or do anything with........ we've become my mother!

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Specter Von Baren said:
The Enquirer said:
piinyouri said:

Take that!

Cheap games are only a "problem" on PC. Ask a console player the same question. : D
Is it because console games are 60 dollars and they can only afford a few for months to avoid declaring bankrupcy? :p

OT: Yes, Believe it or not I bought Xcom as soon as it went on sale, installed it and haven't touched it yet. Depressing isn't it?
Oh my God.... I just realized what we've all become... we look for the best deals and buy something just because it's cheap and not because it's something we particularly want or do anything with........ we've become my mother!
Does your mother have positive features? Like being a good cook?

I actually bought it because I wanted to play it. I still do. My gaming Kryptonite is starting a new game. Sometimes I can have a game for months before I give it a glance. Took me about 2 months to finally start Arkham City after getting it on sale.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The Enquirer said:
Specter Von Baren said:
The Enquirer said:
piinyouri said:

Take that!

Does your mother have positive features? Like being a good cook?

I actually bought it because I wanted to play it. I still do. My gaming Kryptonite is starting a new game. Sometimes I can have a game for months before I give it a glance. Took me about 2 months to finally start Arkham City after getting it on sale.
Yes, she has positive features.

I've told this story here before but I've actually developed a pattern with Disagaea games where I start it and then sooner or later stop playing for a long time before coming back and finishing it.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Good
Lord

I still have games from two Christmases ago, longer even, sitting on a shelf, still in their shrinkwrap. I keep telling myself I'll get around to playing them.....

Now what's the oldest thing on here I still haven't played? ::digs through pile:: Eidos Platinum Collection: Thief/FF7/Tomb Raider, &..... Warcraft 2 & Myst 3: Exile. Will these even run on Windows 7?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Specter Von Baren said:
Yes, she has positive features.

I've told this story here before but I've actually developed a pattern with Disagaea games where I start it and then sooner or later stop playing for a long time before coming back and finishing it.
Plus if I'm your mom I get to boss you around :D

Looking through my Steam Library right now I'm actually sort of embarrassed of how many games I have yet to play... Like this is really bad. AND THE WINTER SALE IS COMING. That doesn't help. I really need to finish off the Serious Sam and Max Payne collections I got last year D:

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I do have a back log of games but why would that be a problem? It means I can have games to play when I run short on money or just have something different to play between replays of my favorite games. If you have to many games it your own fault for not knowing how to hold onto your wallet.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
NO

I have played all the games I was going to now. That I have the systems to play.

Bought 2 new games, 1 which I got yesterday and one which I'll get in about 1 week.

Are there games out there I'd love to play, but don't have the system for?
Well of course, but I have 1 system, I play those games, follow the others via discussions amongst firends and, for example, here on the Escapist.

And games I can not play, due to not having the system, I do not count as backlog :)

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Well, I just limit myself to one or two consoles and only buy the games I really want to play(despite being able to afford much more). That way I don't accumulate a huge backlog of games I most likely will never play anyway(still, resisting the pressure to buy every game that looks even remotely interesting can still often be damn hard though). On top of that I also enjoy replaying a lot of my favorite games. If you have no/few games in your backlog it also makes looking forward to games a lot more fun. :p Like Dark Souls 2 and Watch Dogs can't wait to play those games!! :p

kyomi7502

Jul 29, 2013
In a word, yes. In many words, yes and it will never be a problem. I just got a PS4 and really started getting into Warframe because BF4 wouldn't stop crashing and found a new friend that plays Super Street Fighter 4. I've barely touched this game and now I'm super into it because I have someone to play with :)

Although I still have a lot of PS3 games and PC games to get through. I wish the newer Yars Revenge was on console.. it seems like it's a perfect fit. I also have games in multiple made-up categories... Not Played, Barely Played, Need to finish, Finished but not earned Platinum yet (PS3/4 games)..

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
I don't buy a game until I finish the previous or get tired of it, so I only find myself getting like 1-2 games every steam sale. that really hasn't been a problem for me

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Yeah, my stockpile is increasing exponentially and I don't seem to have the time.
One problem is that I'm an LPer who does games in a series starting from the first one, and it just so happens that the current games I'm doing are rather long.
Combine that with the fact that I'm a University student and just finishedy finals this week and you can imagine how big my backlog is.

crederbl

Sep 26, 2013
Forget about it! Had a kid and now don't have the time to play a single game at a reasonable rate but when I've wanted a game and Steam knock off 80% what are you going to do?
Easily 20+ waiting

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I used to have this system where I'd finish 5 games then allow myself to buy one more. It felt too much like work needless to say it didn't last too long.

Lately I tend to finish whatever new games I buy but not the old ones, so that's good.