Arizona Shooter's Forum Posts Reveal Disturbed Individual

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
That's one creepy ************. Sorry, but what else is there that I could say? He's clearly insane, and he managed to kill a number of people. The real question ought to be how somebody like him managed to get a hold on a gun...

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
Why did someone count how many times he said 'CAN'T HOLD TERMINATION AGAINST FUTURE EMPLOYEE!'? It must've taken them a while.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
He is obviously mentally unstable first and foremost. Don't worry about the games, guys. Nobody could think that the games made him do it unless they were a complete idiot.

I wonder if/when they convict him if he is going to jail or to a 24/7 psych hold for the rest of his life? I hope he doesn't get off scott-free because of his insanity. What he did was just awful.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Tharticus said:
Cue Jack Thompson rantings. And video games made me do it.
Not videogames, Blizzard. If he'd played something else... who knows?

TimbukTurnip said:
Why did someone count how many times he said 'CAN'T HOLD TERMINATION AGAINST FUTURE EMPLOYEE!'? It must've taken them a while.
He might've numbered them.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
There has always been nutjobs, and there always will be nutjobs who are nutjobs because there mum didn't love them enough or just for no good reason at all. Even by the picture, this guy is clearly a wacko (Its the fucking smile). The posts he made also emphasize that...

I'm just glad he didn't live near me... I don't think politics had anything to do with it, he was just a nut who shot up six people, one of whom happened to be a politician.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Those who take my words seriously, that was sarcasm. I apologize for the inconvenience. Of course I ignore those people who did research about his background and then the media exaggerates this too far.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Tharticus said:
Cue Jack Thompson rantings. And video games made me do it.
The Journal article was very even-handed and didn't blame gamers for Loughner's madness---I mean, just look at the guy. Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Reed Spacer said:
Oh my god; it's Mr. Clean.
More like Mr. Clean's distant cousin who is always locked up in a basement and eats rats. The is followed by rolling up his feces into little balls and eats his crayons.

OT: Looking at that disturbing smile of his all I can do is paraphrase Robin Williams and say that he's more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Accused? The guy was tackled mid-gunfire and we're going to say he's "accused"? Right to fair trial and all that but seriously but when you catch the gunman in the process of shooting people any trial is simply a formality to decide if he's bat-shit insane and deserve being sent to the looney bin.

-EDIT-
I nominate him to be the poster boy of crazy people. I mean come on just look at that picture the Joker himself couldn't do any better.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Am I a bad person for thinking "Uncle Fester" as soon as I noticed his picture?
Well, I didn't shoot anyone, but you know what I mean.

Anyway, it's always terrible to hear about people like this ruining other people's lives.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Cue the whining about how this is effects games, of all things. I mean, really? A man kills six innocent people, and your first thought is "Yes, but are my videogames ok?" Jesus, people, get your priorities straight. Let's just drop the whole "prosecution complex" thing. It only works when someone is ACTUALLY attacking games, which they aren't doing here. Besides no one's listened to (just for example) Jack Thompson for YEARS now.

NOTE: This post is directed at no one in particular. Just thought I'd point that out.

EDIT: Oh, and that whole "CANNOT HOLD TERMINATION AGAINST FUTURE EMPLOYEE" 117 times thing....very creepy. I mean, hell, that's ripped right from "The Shining".

And a lot of the time, no one ends up mentioning the thing against games anyway.

Is that his picture up there? Because that is the creepiest fucking thing I have ever seen, ever.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
TimbukTurnip said:
Or they copy-pasted it in a Word document then did a word count on it.

OT:

While this isn't about the shooter, I wanna say this: Giffords got shot in the head and is still living, and is also recovering pretty well. Badass, and I hope she makes a full recovery.

Anyway, that guy does seem to be a crazy & creepy son-of-a-*****.

Why haven't they forced a mental examination on him before?

Malyc

Bullets... they don't affect me.
Feb 17, 2010
I coulda told these people that this guy was disturbed even before it was discovered that he posted disturbing things on forums... After all, he did shoot 20 people, and 6 of them died. I'm still waiting on the whole "guns kill people, we must ban them and shit", to which i will respond "If guns kill people, then spoons made Rosie O'donnell fat and pencils misspell words".

llafnwod

Nov 9, 2007
poiumty said:
He looks disturbingly like Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street, Blizzard's lead balance designer for World of Warcraft.
He actually reminded me of Starbuck. The smile is dead on.

Agent Cross

Died And Got Better
Jan 3, 2011
This guy even looks the part of a psycho! That picture just screams arrest me, I'm bout to go batshit in 3, 2, 1.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
sravankb said:
Tim Latshaw said:
sravankb said:
I would have called the cops on him before it happened. Hell, just look at him!
It's not how he always looked. Here's another photo: http://newsone.com/files/2011/01/Jared-Lee-Loughner-in-Mar-007.jpg
That's clearly a fake smile. He was a depressed lunatic waiting to happen.

ARREST THAT MAN!!
According to the inna-net, that picture is at a literacy fair. I loughl at the thought.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
As soon as I saw the headline I thought to myself, I bet this guy doesn't have the best typing skills. Looks like there was a considerable downward spiral in coherence. I heard somewhere that schizophrenia usually hits around this age. People really should be more aware of the symptoms and not drag their feet on getting help. Thanks to the crappy American health care system, this is precisely when most young adults lose their coverage. If we're going to play the blame game, I'm going to blame that (because it annoyingly affects me personally and I'm a selfish person in general.)

TimbukTurnip said:
Just dump it into Word or whatever and just word count "termination." It might not be perfect, but who's going to quiz you on it later?