Arkham City Comes Over All Tuneful With Official Album

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Arkham City Comes Over All Tuneful With Official Album

Arkham City isn't just a game, it's a multimedia event.

Batman probably doesn't listen to music while he's patrolling Arkham City [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0F5M8/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d1_g63_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0AYPZ0QQNZB9T71C4WAP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846], but that doesn't mean that you can't. And what better to listen to while fighting crime and protecting the weak than an entire album of music inspired by the Dark Knight himself?

Batman: Arkham City - The Album contains eleven tracks from a really diverse pool of artists and bands. Included on the album are the likes of electronic band Blaqk Music, indie rock band The Raveonettes, and System of a Down front man Serj Tankian. The artists on the album are pretty varied, so there's almost certainly going to be at least one band that you like on there, and perhaps some you never knew you liked.

The full set list is as follows:

1. Panic! At The Disco - Mercenary
2. Coheed and Cambria - Deranged
3. The Duke Spirit - Creature
4. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Shadow On The Run
5. Blaqk Audio - Afterdark
6. The Raveonettes - Oh, Stranger
7. ??? (Crosses) - The Years
8. The Damned Things - Trophy Widow
9. Daughtry - Drown In You
10. The Boxer Rebellion - Losing You
11. Serj Tankian - Total Paranoia

Bonus Track
12. A Place to Bury Strangers - In The Shadow
There are two ways to get your hands on the album. The first is just to buy it when it goes on sale on October 4th. Alternatively, if you can wait a couple of weeks, you can get it as part of the Collector's Edition of Arkham City, and get the bonus track by noise rock band A Place to Bury Strangers.

Coheed and Cambria singer Claudio Sanchez said writing a song for the album had been very different to how he normally worked, and that he had tried to find the universal themes within the Batman continuity, so that the song fit properly in that world. Of course, none of these bands makes a habit of writing songs about Batman, so it was probably an unusual experience for them all.

Batman: Arkham City comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on October 18th.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Hang on. What? Are they in the game? Or is this one of those creepy cash ins like a top gear album for dads.

AdamRhodes

Oct 4, 2010
luvd1 said:
Hang on. What? Are they in the game? Or is this one of those creepy cash ins like a top gear album for dads.
They aren't in the game, but they were apparently written for Batman in general.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ooh, The Raveonettes. I liked their album Lust Lust Lust. Very shoegaze.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Nothing else matters.

That is a brand new Coheed and Cambria song.

This has now become the most important album of the next few months.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
That doesn't look like a very impressive list of artists, though that could have something to do with my own music taste or the songs might actually fit the mood of the game better than I'm thinking.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I don't think Batman listens to Panic! At The Disco or Daughtry. Everything else I'm okay with :D

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
I thought they would've put Short Change Hero by The Heavy on the album considering they used it for this trailer:

jynxy87

Mar 18, 2011
Looking forward to listening to this. But really looking forward to playing the game :)

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
I don't think Batman listens to Panic! At The Disco or Daughtry. Everything else I'm okay with :D
Batman discovered Panic!, along with th Beatles, Lovin' Spoonful, Elvis, and Frank Sinatra

Binerexis

Dec 11, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Batman discovered Panic!, along with th Beatles, Lovin' Spoonful, Elvis, and Frank Sinatra
Yeah but Batman would have promptly punched Panic! in the face and told them to make good music.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Binerexis said:
artanis_neravar said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Yeah but Batman would have promptly punched Panic! in the face and told them to make good music.
Interesting, your ears must be broken, because Panic! makes better music then anything you listen to

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Panic! only has one good song. Every other song can bugger off.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Kenbo Slice said:
artanis_neravar said:
Kenbo Slice said:
I disagree, but I am curious which song you are talking about.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
Kenbo Slice said:
artanis_neravar said:
Kenbo Slice said:
I disagree, but I am curious which song you are talking about.
Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off.