Arkham Kinght PC Re-Release Comes With Entire Arkham Library For Free

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Arkham Kinght PC Re-Release Comes With Entire Arkham Library For Free

You'll get Arkham Aslyum, Arkham City and Arkham Origins for free when you buy Arkham Knight on PC.

Today, the saga of the shoddy confirmed the date [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman%20arkham%20knight?os=%20batman%20arkham%20knight], many were dismayed that some sort of compensation or bonus wasn't offered for the PC gamers who have been waiting paitently. Well today I'm happy to report that you will be getting a little bonus for buying the game on PC, albeit, one that the most dedicated Batman fans probably already have.

Anyone who has already purchased Arkham Knight or purchases it before November 16, 2015, will receive the entire Arkham library absolutely free of charge. That means Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Additionally, Rocksteady will be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack" that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016. As thanks to the Steam Community, PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles.

But wait, there's more! Because no Steam game promotion is really complete these days without Team Fortress 2 hats, Rocksteady and Valve are partnering up with the community to create a suite of Arkham-inspired TF2 items [http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=19045], that will be given to owners of Arkham Knight for free.

Is this olive branch enough to forgive the shoddy port? Personally, I was hoping for something a little more substantial, like a free Season Pass with purchase, or a hefty discount on the game, but at least this is something.

Source: Steam [http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358664118]

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Offering up the very games that everyone interested in the game at all probably already owns. That is shitty.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Baresark said:
Offering up the very games that everyone interested in the game at all probably already owns. That is shitty.
And even the rare gamers like me who held-off on (i.e. forgot to buy when $5) such games will probably just wait until this game is $20 and Asylum and/or City go back down to $5. But then again, TF2 cosmetics.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
EndlessSporadic said:
From what I've seen in the forums this patch didn't fix anything at all.
I read some of those too, though from the ones I read, it was mostly complaints about the game not running at 60fps with 4k resolution. And lack of SLI support. There are a lot of people saying it does run much better now.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Expecting a free season pass is a bit too much...

Maybe all the DLC until September for those who bought AK at launch. But for people who bought it after, this should be fine.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Baresark said:
Yeah, I think it's a nice gesture, but it's an empty gesture. Of course if I get the download codes to gift others then it would be kinda neat, but all in all I agree that this isn't really a good compensation. Giving us something one week before console player isn't really something to speak of either. Oh well, as long as they actually fixed the game I am satisfied.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well that would be nice of them if i didnt already own Asylum, City and Origins.

Oh well, guess a friend of mine is getting an early birthday present.

valium said:
if they take away arkham origins from that free included games, this would be a step in the right direction.
Origins is alright.

Blackgate on the other hand...

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
they are going to have to do better than that if they want my dollar this whole episode was a slap in the face to the master race ... i mean PC gaming community i would have expected a gesture of contrition rather than another slap
and what of the people who were loyal or foolish enough not to demand a refund? they were stuck with a pile of arse for 4 months while this was being fixed, if its been fixed

Leonbelmont64

Jun 7, 2010
gigastar said:
Well that would be nice of them if i didnt already own Asylum, City and Origins.

valium said:
if they take away arkham origins from that free included games, this would be a step in the right direction.
Origins is alright.

Blackgate on the other hand...
I actually liked blackgate on the vita felt like batman meets metroidvania. But for a 3d side scroller I wasn't expecting much. Honestly thought it'd be another batman forever for snes.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
valium said:
I fail to see how taking a good game away from such a giveaway would be a step in the right direction.

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
I got my copy for free when purchasing a new graphics card. I wonder if this offer applies to me.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
truckspond said:
They give you THREE WHOLE GAMES FOR FREE and that's still not substantial enough?
How many PC gamers who pre-ordered Arkham Knight don't already own previous titles? I reckon 3 at the most.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Baresark said:
I mean, it is something and those games are still very playable. But yeah, I know I'm in the boat of already owning all those games and was so excited for the new title because I'd loved the others.

A community challenge pack is getting closer to the mark there. I mean, that's really what they need to offer, in-game content. But they've got 15 pieces of DLC available on Steam. Would it really have been so hard to relinquish a few of those too?

EDIT: Hmm, that's right, Origins. Did they ever fix the problems with that one? I'd held off buying it for that reason and never got around to it. If fixed, that makes this olive branch worth my while. If still broke, no dice for me.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Lightknight said:
Baresark said:
I mean, it is something and those games are still very playable. But yeah, I know I'm in the boat of already owning all those games and was so excited for the new title because I'd loved the others.

A community challenge pack is getting closer to the mark there. I mean, that's really what they need to offer, in-game content. But they've got 15 pieces of DLC available on Steam. Would it really have been so hard to relinquish a few of those too?

EDIT: Hmm, that's right, Origins. Did they ever fix the problems with that one? I'd held off buying it for that reason and never got around to it. If fixed, that makes this olive branch worth my while. If still broke, no dice for me.
That's really it for me. I mean, they have all of these things that are technically more relevant to the game and they settle on the things that people like already own. It's not like someone who had no interest in the Arkham games previously was all of the suddnely like, "lets see what this Arkham Knight is all about". Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are fixing it. That is really the most important thing, but empty hollow gestures are more insulting than helpful at this point.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
MC1980 said:
gigastar said:
They aren't giftable, so if you already own them, your out of luck. Guess you're gonna have to buy a present.
Oh.

Well then winter sales it is then.