Arkham Knight Delayed Yet Again... But It Looks Fantastic

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Arkham Knight Delayed Yet Again... But It Looks Fantastic

Batman: Arkham Knight has been pushed back a few weeks, but if it's to make the entire game look like this trailer? No one will probably mind.

Well <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman>Batman fans, it's good news bad news time. The bad news is that Rocksteady Studios has pushed back <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/batman%20arkham%20knight?os=batman+arkham+knight>Arkham Knight's release date once again. The good news is this delay <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134976-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Release-Delayed-Until-2015>isn't as severe as last time - it's only moving a few weeks to June 23, 2015.

"We're a developer that hates to make any compromises," Rocksteady game director Sefton Hill explained in a press release, "so we are sorry to say this means it's going to be just a little bit longer until you can play the epic conclusion to the Arkham trilogy."

In the meantime, Rocksteady has released a new gameplay video to tide fans over - and it certainly suggests Arkham Knight is worth the wait. Captured with PS4 footage, the video - titled "Officer Down" - follows Batman as he tracks Scarecrow's gang across the city, rescuing an injured police officer along the way. The video also showcases Batman moving quickly across the city using Batmobile driving/cape gliding combos, and fight sequences that Rocksteady has refined into an art form at this point.

Arkham Knight certainly isn't <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140072-Naughty-Dogs-Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End-Delayed-To-Spring-2016>the first Triple A game to <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138950-The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt-Delayed-To-May-2015>be delayed for last-minute refinements in recent months. Either way, I expect players are just glad <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134976-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Release-Delayed-Until-2015>they won't have to wait six months this time.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Myyyy god i have the strangest boner right now...

I dont care if i have to wait the game looks fucking amazing x3

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
It looks amazing. I've never seen anything with that much detail.

If they actually pull that off then I'll be amazed.

Man, to think my entire childhood was nothing but shitty batman game after shitty batman game and only in my adult life do I get any quality in the new series.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
This and Tides of Numenera are the only upcoming games I'm even REMOTELY looking forward to right now.

CAPTCHA: by and large. Well said, captcha.

DeepReaver

Feb 25, 2009
I do not trust game play trailers anymore after aliens colonial marines, but if this has even an iota of the polish of what was shown, it will be more than worth it

esserin

Nov 10, 2014
DeepReaver said:
I do not trust game play trailers anymore after aliens colonial marines, but if this has even an iota of the polish of what was shown, it will be more than worth it
Oh come on,

Aliens: colonial marines screw-up is not the standard with trailers.

Rocksteady has no reason to pull off a stunt like that and with all the video content they've put out, I doubt that the game will turn out to be nothing like the trailer.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well its nice that theyre pushing it into the middle of summer. Even if the release is a AC:U level disaster ill probably buy it (after release) since theres basically nothing else on my radar at this time.

Burchy22

Oct 1, 2012
With games these days being released even though they aren't ready and full of bugs, I have zero problem with a game being pushed back. I'd rather wait longer for a quality experience than have my first impression damaged by another AC:U disaster.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Lookin' good, and hopefully this will be the last time AK is pushed until release. Better to tweak a game so it runs perfectly than push out a turd and wait for patch after patch to spitshine it.
What I'd like to see are gameplay demos of the two bonus characters: Harley Quinn and The Red Hood (these videos never tell you he's going to be in it).

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
DeepReaver said:
Aliens Colonial Marines was an EXTREME case of bait and switch. Viewing every publisher as if they were Colonial Marines would be like viewing everyone on the street as though they absolutely were a mugger if you've ever been mugged.

Frankly though, this studio has been pretty damn good with slick graphics. But yeah, this is over the top impressive.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
June 23? I'm scheduled to be done with college that week.

Aw, Rocksteady, you didn't have to get me a graduation present!

William Ossiss

Apr 8, 2010
While it may have been delayed, there are rumors of an Arkham Asylum and Arkham City remastered being released for PS4 and XO.

I always meant to go back and replay Arkham City again...

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Well in these days it's hard not to be cynical and assume at least some of that is pre-rendered.

But hey, lets hope it looks this great or better, and runs at 60fps on PC when it comes out.

And no Rocksteady, I'm not pre-ordering til I know the port is good :)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Looks impressive and I'm sure it's all in-game, but I'm just not digging the more realistic style. The slightly more grotesque style of the previous games had some issues as well, but it gave them that proper comic book Batman feel. Now, Jim Gordon just looks like a regular dude, and Barbara looks like a regular girl. They lack that larger-than-life feeling that I love about Batman.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Gives me more time to save to get a PS4. So I'm okay with this :D

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
You know what? Forget you, Rocksteady. I didn't want to play your game anyway. Go ahead and delay it until the end of time just like HL3.

(watches trailer)

I'm sorry. I take it all back.

But seriously, the game looks fantastic. I like that Batman has become a bit darker in this game. Just straight up breaking the guy's wrist, even after he told him everything. Batman's starting to lose it, it seems.
Anyone else have the thought that maybe we were going to see Batman threaten to run the guy over in the clip, or was that just me?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Trilogy? I thought Arkham Origin was a BS title that had nothing to do with the others. Nice to be proven right and I'm glad I never bought it.

I was just wondering when this was coming out. I'll probably put some money down to preorder it, soon. Yes, I know how some of you feel about that, but I only preorder games that I know I'm getting Day One, like this. I only rarely do that. Any bonus is meaningless to me, 99% of the time.