Armed civilian, 17, shoots 2 dead during Kenosha happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
I just ended up scrolling past until I saw someone else's (i.e. your) avatar and read that post.
It's just a headache. I need to invent a keyboard with electronic letters for multi-lingual users. This laptop keyboard is killing me, I should find a bluetooth one for the others

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Important difference

So he was targeted as such.

Bit overly literal. I’m sure you got the point though and will engage with that point now that I make it clear I was speaking metaphorically but also I don’t care.
Your argument was based on being literal with it lol

Im saying they didn’t think someone would actually fucking kill them because most people don’t presume others will kill them because most people don’t kill people this isn’t complicated. You assume what they were doing was necessarily dangerous to justify not caring. I don’t.
Oh so they just felt it would or should be fine to assault people and they were obligated to sit there / stand there and take it? They tried to take a gun of some-one / attacked some-one while yelling "Fuck you" in an atmosphere where only days before a guy and been beaten unconscious in the street and ended up in hospital having been knocked unconscious by being kicked in the head.

Cool. They dead tho?
At least one buisness owner is after trying to stop people looting his pawn shot and being shot his name was David Dorn

yeh

Or I’m tired of you.
nah seems more like you just don't like being Not automatically believed when you try to spin a narrative without evidence to back it up.

Might’ve, that’s broad enough to cover several cases but sounds like the shooting over a statue protest. Think it was in Texas?
That's actually another one and that was ruled self defence thanks to the person with the gun withdrawing and one of his attackers having a knife.

Did you just look up the first insult for Marxist and roll with it?
Nah I didn't have to look it up.

No, Q’s almost certainly Jim Watkins or someone close to him now, and he is a white supremacist trying to shove the Protocols down peoples’ throats, and other Q grifters are trying to spread the literal protocols as of late. Stay. In. Your. Lane.
Or it's just more 4chan shitposters as per normal. Maybe stay in your lane and our of the conspiracy forums that have lead you to keep claiming Kyle is somehow a white supremacist militia member and whatever else.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Important difference

So he was targeted as such.

Your argument was based on being literal with it lol

Oh so they just felt it would or should be fine to assault people and they were obligated to sit there / stand there and take it? They tried to take a gun of some-one / attacked some-one while yelling "Fuck you" in an atmosphere where only days before a guy and been beaten unconscious in the street and ended up in hospital having been knocked unconscious by being kicked in the head.

At least one buisness owner is after trying to stop people looting his pawn shot and being shot his name was David Dorn

yeh

nah seems more like you just don't like being Not automatically believed when you try to spin a narrative without evidence to back it up.

That's actually another one and that was ruled self defence thanks to the person with the gun withdrawing and one of his attackers having a knife.

Nah I didn't have to look it up.

Or it's just more 4chan shitposters as per normal. Maybe stay in your lane and our of the conspiracy forums that have lead you to keep claiming Kyle is somehow a white supremacist militia member and whatever else.
Cool

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
No it's house built on sand argument.
It's one of the first main lies holding things up.
It's one of the best places to start pulling at stuff because it's the one people are willing to repeat. Though I can't say how many here actually do believe Kyle is a White Supremacist but they're too afraid to say so for how it will come off PR wise to just openly say that's what they think without any real evidence.
Incorrect, and a perfect example of what I'm talking about: Rittenhouse was a 17 year old who decided to play cop and ended up killing two people. Whether he brought the gun with him or was armed by an exceptionally stupid business owner is largely irrelevant, and being armed later in no way changes the fact that Rittenhouse was a 17 year old who decided to play cop and ended up killing two people, just like it doesn't matter that that toddler is 9000 years old on paper.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Incorrect, and a perfect example of what I'm talking about: Rittenhouse was a 17 year old who decided to play cop and ended up killing two people. Whether he brought the gun with him or was armed by an exceptionally stupid business owner is largely irrelevant, and being armed later in no way changes the fact that Rittenhouse was a 17 year old who decided to play cop and ended up killing two people, just like it doesn't matter that that toddler is 9000 years old on paper.
Yes, perfect, derail with loli arguments. Medicinal Pedophilia!

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Christ sometimes I'm glad I never decided to study law. Flow chats abound and the chapter and verse (I love that phrase though) is practically cryptography.
He still got it wrong, his entire argument hinges on the lack of a comma in the state code. This is what the relevant statute says:

This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593.
This is how Specter is interpreting it:

( [S.948.60] applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun ) / (if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 ) / ( or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 ) / ( [or is not in compliance with ss.] 29.593 ).
And that's an incorrect interpretation. This is how it should be interpreted:

( [S.948.60] applies only to a person under 18 years of age ) / ( who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 ) / ( or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 ) / ( [or is not in compliance with ss.] 29.593 ).
The only reason the nature of the firearm comes up here, is to establish operative definitions while making no exceptions for minors carrying SBR's and SBS's. It still wasn't legal for Rittenhouse to carry, let alone under the auspices of a dependent clause that's operative and dispositive only in the case of hunting and hunter safety instruction.

Last edited:

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Incorrect, and a perfect example of what I'm talking about: Rittenhouse was a 17 year old who decided to play cop and ended up killing two people.
Incorrect.
Rittenhouse wasn't playing cop. At best you could argue maybe security guard but not cop. As reports have pointed out he was administering first aid to people earlier in the night.
As the video of events shows he was the one approached by those who he ended up shooting he didn't approach them.
So how was he playing Cop again?

Whether he brought the gun with him or was armed by an exceptionally stupid business owner is largely irrelevant,
Incorrect.
Due to how it relates to intent which is going to be a key aspect of the trail and potentially the charges as bringing the gun and being given the gun have very different connertations

and being armed later in no way changes the fact that Rittenhouse was a 17 year old who decided to play cop and ended up killing two people, just like it doesn't matter that that toddler is 9000 years old on paper.
See first point again about the claim of him playing Cop.

You probably should have done though.
And you probably should have done a number of things.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Incorrect.
Rittenhouse wasn't playing cop. At best you could argue maybe security guard but not cop. As reports have pointed out he was administering first aid to people earlier in the night.
As the video of events shows he was the one approached by those who he ended up shooting he didn't approach them.
So how was he playing Cop again?

Incorrect.
Due to how it relates to intent which is going to be a key aspect of the trail and potentially the charges as bringing the gun and being given the gun have very different connertations

See first point again about the claim of him playing Cop.

And you probably should have done a number of things.
I’m a bit disappointed you’re using incorrect instead of Objection

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
As reports have pointed out he was administering first aid to people earlier in the night.
How? And this isn't some dumb "nuh-uh, I don't believe you" type thing, but from a practical "how do you administer first aid when you are holding a rifle in both hands" deal. Seriously, every single photo, every video, every bit of media that I have seen that has come out of this mess, outside of that video of him fighting those girls, show Kyle walking around, physically carrying that rifle. Not slung over the shoulder, held with hands either on pistol grip, front hand guard or both, held pretty much in a shooter-ready position for a gun competition.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
How? And this isn't some dumb "nuh-uh, I don't believe you" type thing, but from a practical "how do you administer first aid when you are holding a rifle in both hands" deal. Seriously, every single photo, every video, every bit of media that I have seen that has come out of this mess, outside of that video of him fighting those girls, show Kyle walking around, physically carrying that rifle. Not slung over the shoulder, held with hands either on pistol grip, front hand guard or both, held pretty much in a shooter-ready position for a gun competition.
In the video that shows him approaching the police, it is evident that his rifle is attached to his body by a sling.
He lets go of his rifle and holds both hands above his head and his rifle dangles near his waist.

The sling is even visible in this thumbnail

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
In the video that shows him approaching the police, it is evident that his rifle is attached to his body by a sling.
He lets go of his rifle and holds both hands above his head and his rifle dangles near his waist.

The sling is even visible in this thumbnail
Ah, I figured that strap opposite the shoulder bag was a sling, I just never saw anything with him actually using it as such. However, that sling in particular ties into my point: its a great sling for holding a rifle in a way that makes it easy to shoulder and fire but is terrible at being a way of holding the rifle in a way that's comfortable to walk around with without actually having a hand on it. It just drapes the rifle in front of you loose, so if you aren't holding it it is constantly bouncing off of you and into your legs if the rifle is long/slung low enough as you walk/move around and since he isn't a soldier/cop he doesn't have body armor on to take the blows.

EDIT: Also just realized that the only time he actually let's the rifle go and dangle on the sling alone is when he absolutely needs to to attempt surrender.

EDIT EDIT: Wow, just watched the video, and as someone who has been around guns for a while now, I already had an idea what the sling would look like but man, watching it in motion was painful. Do you really think that is a practical and safe way to transport a loaded firearm in this type of situation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.