Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Review

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
slash2x said:
Holy crap it is Saints Row 3... All the "hey this stuff was fun in the last game so lets add it in!!" Without any REASON to add in that content it is just info out of place. Yes the parts are fun in themselves but the overall experience is lacking. Like eating the contents of a cake without MAKING a cake.
Actually, like SR3, there's less stuff in this game than the last. Which, considering the linearity and small scope of this game is really saying something.

At least with SR3 I could pad it out by flying around the city in a VTOL.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I actually liked Alpha and Bravo. The names are certainly lame, though less when viewed as a Player A and B homage. But the Alpha-Straight-man and Bravo-Joker-Wannabe-Fishing-Boat-Captain-Doesn't-Believe-Alpha-Has-A-Girlfriend relationship grew on me. To the point I wished that after the credits it showed us Alpha and his girlfriend sailing on Bravo's new boat.

Zachary Amaranth said:
Just saying. It's like they were handed the "idiot ball" and "conflict ball" and decided to toss them back and forth.

Early in the game, they fight like children over whether or not to rescue a girl who was deep in cartel territory. In the last game, they did this six times before breakfast. And that's just the first example that comes to mind.
Later on in the game it suggests the canonical ending to 40th day was Rios shot Saleem who survived. So I guess the relationship might not have recovered from that.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Redbox rental? Redbox rental.

I wonder how much it cost them to make...probably not gonna make much back on it.