Arrived, This Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay Trailer Has - Update

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It looks very visually impressive, but I'd still recommend maintaining a extremely generous dose of skepticism.
Genocidicles said:
No space battles
Tiny amount of players
No classes
AT-AT on rails
No singleplayer
No clone wars

So is there anything this game actually has over the prequels besides better graphics? Because from where I'm standing it seems like it's being outdone by a game made 10 years ago.
Also that.

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Arrived, This Star Wars: Battlefront Gameplay Trailer Has - Update

Star Wars: Battlefront finally has a gameplay trailer, and the Force is strong with this one.

Read Full Article

harrisongrimms

Jun 14, 2015
I dont know if it is because of the missions they picked for the trailor but-

That looked REALLY handholdey, linear and even some parts looked like they were on rails.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
In before nerds start complaining about lore.... shit... too late.

The most important question of course, is it $60 worth of fun?

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
That second trailer was worse.
I know Stormtroopers aren't supposed to have the best aim but it looked like those dudes didn't even know what guns are for.
The two rebels just tanked like 40 stormtroopers without anyone ever bothering the take cover or dodge anything. Even the chicken walkers were just run at and rifled to death.
I will be truly impressed if they manage to make the AI worse than BF1.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Well hot damn, that was one hell of a ride. The folks at DICE sure know how to make some entertaining trailers. The sound editing was superb. I could FEEL those explosions.

Too bad it's not indicative of the final product. Even if I didn't boycott EA's products I still wouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
This feels like Colonial Marines level of scripted "game play". I don't trust it at all.

Mar 26, 2008
Genocidicles said:
No space battles
Tiny amount of players
No classes
AT-AT on rails
No singleplayer
No clone wars

So is there anything this game actually has over the prequels besides better graphics? Because from where I'm standing it seems like it's being outdone by a game made 10 years ago.
Prior to watching the trailer I was thumbing my nose at the title because of the above, but damn if it isn't trying hard to woo me. The footage of the rebel using a jetpack makes me hold out hope that the Dark Troopers are in there... but I know, I know, fight the power (raises fist).

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
What kind of pathetic orbital strike can be stopped by a portable shield generator? They got a probe droid up there firing it's little blaster down at them?

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
^ Haha, that's what I was thinking as well... it could've been a bit more believable if it was an Tie of some description doing a strafing run. Very pretty video though

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Regarding that second video:

It says "Play Solo or Co-op".

Err...do they mean play alone or with someone else in that survival mode?

Dammit, it's so hard to get a proper message across these days.

dumbseizure

Mar 15, 2009
Well....I thought it looked pretty god damn awesome.

Nice to see that somehow I'm the optimistic one.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
dumbseizure said:
Well....I thought it looked pretty god damn awesome.

Nice to see that somehow I'm the optimistic one.
So did this

The too perfect timing, and the way the all the characters move mean it 100% scripted. If we've learned anything from Colonial Marines, it's that even the visuals and mechanics are suspect when they do this. It might as well have been a CGI cinematic for how much I trust it to accurately represent the game.