Arslan the Warriors of Legend Review - HACKSLASHHACKSLASH

Hayden_Russell

Aug 11, 2015
Arslan the Warriors of Legend Review - HACKSLASHHACKSLASH

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend does nothing new, but it looks good and plays well.

Read Full Article

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
So-so anime game, got it.

Off-topic, I'm seriously struggling to figure out if that white-haired character on the front is male or female. Japan and their androgyny...

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
This is the latest in Koei's famed Warriors series, which includes Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Gundam Elite Warriors, and Hyrule Warriors. It should also be noted this is the best effort Koei-Tecmo has ever put in for a PC port. Supposedly, the game actually runs better on PC than console, a first for the publisher.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
It does nothing new? As opposed to what now? The mass mounted charge mechanic was new to me. Breaking barriers with it was new to me. I'm sure there's some more new, tweaked elements somewhere in the game, yet no one will pay attention to them.
Is there supposed to be a huge obvious change to the core gameplay of hack/slash? You may as well complain that Basketball games don't change, or Football games don't change. It's essentially the same thing because that formula is what Koei does, same as football games have their formula.
Koei does change things up, but they don't fuck with their core formula. The last time they messed with the core formula was the renbu system and it was generally the most hated of changes.

I'm just irritated that people beat on Koei because they stick to a certain style, yet other game styles get free passes.

/vent

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Yuuki said:
So-so anime game, got it.

Off-topic, I'm seriously struggling to figure out if that white-haired character on the front is male or female. Japan and their androgyny...
That's Arslan, and he's male :p

I think he looks so androgynous largely because he's supposed to be young and not physically suited for combat(He's still more skilled than your average soldier though), he needs to rely on his companions to survive. Which makes it a bit weird he's a playable character in a Warriors game, considering the only characters who'd REALLY fit the bill there are Daryun and Silver Mask xD

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
RejjeN said:
considering the only characters who'd REALLY fit the bill there are Daryun
I think you meant Lu Bu there...:p

I just wish the manga would get a faster release. it's so painful to wait for each chapter to come out.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
2xDouble said:
This is the latest in Koei's famed Warriors series, which includes Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Gundam Elite Warriors, and Hyrule Warriors. It should also be noted this is the best effort Koei-Tecmo has ever put in for a PC port. Supposedly, the game actually runs better on PC than console, a first for the publisher.
Koei-Tecmo made a decent PC port? What sorcery is this?