Artist Plans To Ship Self Cross Country With Only LotRO For Company

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
In no way shape or form art. possibly a study on gaming in an enclosed space while being bounced to fuck, but it's not scientific because usually those tests need a few dozen more people....

He's not creating ANYTHING.

crazyfoxdemon

Oct 2, 2009
I see no point in this.. Its a FREAKING MMO how is this in any way interesting, difficult, or unique. Hell, give me $100 and I'll do the same thing, heck, there have been days when I would barely have noticed a difference.

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
I don't buy it.

More like the actual history of events was a letter;

"Dear Mr Online Game Man, I am about to do $omething that will draw a lot of attention to my$elf and a game of my choo$ing. The game I choo$e will be heavily weighted on a number of external factor$, and I am hoping that you will be able to aid me in my deci$ion"

Seems LOTR ponied up the cash and have their high exposure, low cost advert and Jordan Long has his holiday/payday.

Ralen-Sharr

Feb 12, 2010
I don't get it...

Why does he have to ship the box? Why not just lock himself in the box, with a hole in the corner for toilet usage so that won't become a problem. Stock it with enough food and water for a week and have at it. That would make power and network connection much easier to manage. Just make sure he's got no other outside contact and it should give the same kind of solitude that he's trying to accomplish.

Damn this guy's gonna stink, any way he does it.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
This guy has just pissed me off for the rest of the day. Is this supposed to be artistic, or scientific? The guy is just a jackoff if you ask me. Why don't a few of us intercept his crate and just dump it into a lake?

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
Strazdas said:
i still dont see how locking yourself in a box contributes to post dramatic stress research.
its to see how well he can function with society ONLY using MMOs, which the OP says many PTSD sufferers do.
OT: this will be interesting. i wonder if it will be livestreamed/filmed so we can see his progress and how he copes. i assume so, in case of medical emergencies.
i actually thought he was seeing if it would be cheaper to mail himself or fly from America to Australia or something and this was how he would kill time. well, its ok, as long as its for science!

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Excuse my immaturity, but someone named a place Bald Knob? Why not Shaved Cock or Waxed Dick?

I'd tell him to have fun, but he's going to be unable to move from that position until a week after he's done with his "experiment".

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
I'm, going to laugh so hard when his graphics card goes out.

This is certainly an interesting idea, I just hope it leads to some good fro sufferers of the syndrome.

KedynCrow

Sep 23, 2009
Ha. Performance art.

A man in a box with an internet connection sounds more like my job or my time in college than a PTSD sufferer's living condition. But hey, who am I to judge. Shine on, buddy. Hope you're aircard is up to the task.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I think his findings will involve heavy weeping and a sudden deep hate for J.R.R. Tolkein.
And beards.
especially beards...
And postmen.
He'll go nuts if there's a Bearded tolkein fan who works as a postman.

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
This is why I love art. Everything classifies as it.

Although, one might suspect that this is just an excuse to play a lot of LotRO.

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
I can't help but think playing Demon's Souls would produce much more interesting results.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
WouldYouKindly said:
Excuse my immaturity, but someone named a place Bald Knob? Why not Shaved Cock or Waxed Dick?

I'd tell him to have fun, but he's going to be unable to move from that position until a week after he's done with his "experiment".
We gamers do not have a right to complain. After all, we created Solid Snake.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
Hey, guys, I just threw some paint at the wall, BUT!
I have PTSD! That makes the paint splatter a special magical PTSD splatter!
Awwww yeahh, I'm gonna be in Hollywood.

I wish PTSD was as simple as being trapped in a box for a couple of hours (or days).
Unless you're claustrophobic, then it might be a problem.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
He made it his job to play LOTRO instead of doing something useful for a week straight. Congrats n'stuff, I guess. Is he even going to write a poem or paint a painting or something?

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Well, were talking about it, so doesn't that mean that as art and entertainment, he has already succeeded? As a study of PTSD proper, I am about as far away from convinced as I can be, but it is interesting, and the results could be enlightening, if not necessarily in regards to the disorder. So rock on, crazy artist man.

Also, he should totally just go insane and make a point of collecting as much, "Dirty Sickfly Filth" as he can. Yes, that's a real item in the game. It's not just filth, its DIRTY filth. As opposed to normal filth, which is also in the game. For contrast.