(As we all know) Women are not new to gaming.

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
Contradiction said:
A small example could be my all most subconscious choice to use the term 'bullshit topic' due to over saturation and emphasis. I mean I hardly play multi and all the female 'gamers' I knew are interstate since I moved, I'm as far removed from the topic as you get but even I'm getting riled. I can't imagine how more volatile and or sexist people are reacting but something tells me its not as positively as people want. [note the reaction to feminist frequency]
Sort of a lead by example and let it solve itself approach? I can appreciate that method.

I wish there was a way to just make people acknowledge that the issue exists without irritating everyone. I feel like acknowledging it was important. But maybe we've saturated things.

The discussion should always be present, not just be a sudden HUGE fad that everyone clammers to. That makes a volatile situation even worse, especially with things like feminist frequency corrupting the word 'feminist'.

On paper, no one should react to feminism with hate.

Then along come people like Anita.

Imp Emissary said:
DevilWithaHalo said:
Perhaps women just need to embrace the ways of the community and join in the fun...
<youtube=AQnIJ-ljctk>
Offensive? Or fucking hysterical?
An okay joke. Hardly a viable solution though. What's the point of getting rid of what you hate if you have to replace it?

That sounds like a fate worse than defeat to me.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
DevilWithaHalo said:
Logic? It was a fucking parody video. A joke. Talk about missing the point by a fucking light year...

If you'd like a less eye-rolling style reply, realize that getting in on a joke allows one to diffuse the harmful affects of the situation in the first place. If a comment loses its power, you disarm your opponent, thus rendering them powerless against you. While you continue to cry misogyny while being offended by the natures of man, those women pointed out the ridiculousness of it all and would more than likely engage in fair play regardless of the circumstance. If someone tells them; "tit's or gtfo", they'll snap back; "my tits are bigger than your balls!" and everyone has a good laugh and gets on with their lives. If no one said anything, again we would get on with our lives; while you can't help by cry foul.

This is why some people are fucking irritated; your attitude can't even accept a joke in a inverted situation. They are making fun of sexist dickheads and instead of laughing at it, you can't help but twist it as a serious representation of how sexist dickheads offend your sensibilities.

You really need to get over yourself... and do some proofreading.
its not the video...its the [i/]attitude[/i]

to sit there and say "whats the problem bro?" while not "activly" sexist is still somwhat part of the problem, again, impling that there [i/]are[/i] no issues or that you should "really just not worry about it"

now granted, I don't get offended at everything, you have to pick your battles, like the "girlfriend mode" incident while "casually sexist" isn't worth the effort..and the Lara croft incident was overblown

but if there is an issue then I think it needs attention....not to be ignored or brushed off

of coarse then telling people what they should or shouldn't find offensive gets messy at the best of times.....

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Moonlight Butterfly said:
Tippy said:
Yeah you would think some guys would actually stop judging people for having ovaries by this point but no you are still ostracising us all. 42% of us. Bravo.

Because some guys are sexist asshats?
Read, and re-read my post again. You're not seeing the paradox here.

I added a bit more to make it easier to understand what I'm asking.
No one in WOW has ever told me to get back into the kitchen (apart from the time my pve guild said I couldn't pvp with them because I was a girl and so I rolled a horde and killed them all)
But mostly they were terrified they would lose their best healer. ;)

Not every guy is sexist or harasses women but there are people who do and that's unacceptable.
I mean I'm having to sit here and justify and defend myself for loving games. I'm sick of it.

Really fucking sick of it.

And frankly Tippy I'm sick of your attitude that because women are in a minority they don't have a right to an opinion.
Wrong. 42% is far from minority, read the first post. The evidence is irrefutable (apparently). Female gamers are as entitled to an opinion as male gamers, since they make up such huge numbers.

If 42% of gamers are indeed female, you shouldn't even be here having to defend your love for games. I shouldn't even be here trying to tell anyone anything.
The OP would have never made a thread trying to tell people that girl gamers are everywhere, it would be as obsolete as saying rocks are rocky.

The whole thing is a logical fallacy, a rather interesting a paradox :p

Overusedname said:
Tippy said:
Yeah you would think some guys would actually stop judging people for having ovaries by this point but no you are still ostracising us all. 42% of us. Bravo.

Slowly back away bro.

Though I will admit I see your point, again, the issue is a matter of openness and how welcome different demographics are to certainly activities blah blah blah gender roles societal influence cheese steak is delicious. Ya know, that.

Also, women I've met play more single player, if we're talking about HARDCOOOOORRRRRE games. (That term still confuses me. Are there hardcore movies and books, and 'casual' films that don't count?) Zelda, Final Fantasy, Mario, Metroid, Kirby, Dragonquest, Persona, dat stuff. All those games are A.) Well known and enjoyed by wide ranges of people, and B.) Gender neutral as hell.

Kinda. I mean you'r playing as men in most of them but I think Link's more universally relatable than Marcus Fenix. Not that there's anything wrong with Fenix.

Blah blah blah gender-based marketing.

Blah blah blah stuff I've said.

Blah blah blah do you still wanna play TF2 later?
Cheese steak is indeed delicious. I'll be home later and will have to re-install Steam *shudder* and dl TF2. Oh god I hate troubleshooting issues with programs like Steam and Origin...

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Tippy said:
Tippy said:

I added a bit more to make it easier to understand what I'm asking.
No one in WOW has ever told me to get back into the kitchen (apart from the time my pve guild said I couldn't pvp with them because I was a girl and so I rolled a horde and killed them all)
But mostly they were terrified they would lose their best healer. ;)

Not every guy is sexist or harasses women but there are people who do and that's unacceptable.
I mean I'm having to sit here and justify and defend myself for loving games. I'm sick of it.

Really fucking sick of it.

And frankly Tippy I'm sick of your attitude that because women are in a minority they don't have a right to an opinion.
Wrong. 42% is far from minority, read the first post. The evidence is irrefutable (apparently). You have all the right to an opinion that you could ever want.

If 42% of gamers are indeed female, you shouldn't even be here having to defend your love for games. I shouldn't even be here trying to tell anyone anything.
This thread shouldn't even be here. The OP would never have made a thread trying to tell people that girl gamers are everywhere, it would be as obsolete as saying rocks are rocky.

The whole thing is a logical fallacy, and a rather interesting one at that.
or maybe it's because some guys are sexist and they can't cope with the fact that women game. Men act like you saying female gamers don't exist which is why people have to point this shit out.

The op made this thread in a response to a highly sexist video that was posted on escapist saying that women are trying to break in a male area and ruin shit. That's why we have to point this shit out.

And attitudes like yours don't help.

I bet Rarity would be ashamed of you frankly.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Vault101 said:
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to the reboot. I just don't like the way that guy made it come across like she needs male gamers to 'protect her'
ah

well much like the "girlfreind mode" thing I think it was just a case of "something dumb someone said"

and I don't think he ment it in "that" way when he said it...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Tippy said:
Wrong. 42% is far from minority, read the first post. The evidence is irrefutable (apparently). Female gamers are as entitled to an opinion as male gamers, since they make up such huge numbers.

The OP would have never made a thread trying to tell people that girl gamers are everywhere, it would be as obsolete as saying rocks are rocky.

forget the bloody statistic for two seconds

what are you actually trying to say?

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
or maybe it's because some guys are sexist and they can't cope with the fact that women game. Men act like you saying female gamers don't exist which is why people have to point this shit out.

The op made this thread in a response to a highly sexist video that was posted on escapist saying that women are trying to break in a male area and ruin shit. That's why we have to point this shit out.

And attitudes like yours don't help.

I bet Rarity would be ashamed of you frankly.
Hey you keep my Rarity out of this, she's busy crafting new fashionable stuff :(

I still hold onto the paradox theory. Guys would never have a problem with women gaming if they made up 42% of all gaming communities. Honestly, think about it. It's impossible to try and ridicule such a gigantic number of women, let alone deny their existence. It's not feasable, it wouldn't work, it wouldn't make any sense.

It would be the equivalent of me saying "China? Pfft, no such place exists. Chinese people are a myth" (while being surrounded by atleast 20 chinese people in the same building). 42% is impossible to not notice.

I think I have another theory:
Women make up 42% of all gaming where there is no multiplayer or social interaction.

Women make up 2-5% of all gaming where there IS multiplayer and social interaction.

That would sound about right.

Contradiction

May 20, 2009
Vault101 said:
Tippy said:

I believe he means that if we're to believe that every four players out of ten are women then the fact itself would be self evident. It would mean that there was almost a 50% chance that the next player was a woman. As this hasn't been the case for him (nor me I'm afraid) it would seem that those statistics are wrong or at least fail to gauge the entirety of the situation.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Contradiction said:
I believe he means that if we're to believe that every four players out of ten are women then the fact itself would be self evident. It would mean that there was almost a 50% chance that the next player was a woman. As this hasn't been the case for him (nor me I'm afraid) it would seem that those statistics are wrong or at least fail to gauge the entirety of the situation.
as I said before..I'm sceptical of the statistics myself

but I still don't believe the apparent "lack" of females playing games is an excuse for sexism...neither is biology or any of the bullshit people like to bring up

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Vault101 said:

1) Female gamers are a tiny minority and vastly overestimate their numbers, along with their importance and impact in the culture/community.

2) Female gamers want to see a fairer depiction of their gender in all video games, but forget that developers care very little about what females think because 90% of their target audience (and buyers) are male and can easily keep the gaming industry afloat on their own (as male gamers have done for the past 20 years). The huge success of countless games featuring sexed-up female characters is self-explanatory of this fact, don't even try to deny one of the main driving reasons behind why TERA, DoA series, Tomb Raider series and countless other games sold so many copies.

3) Female gamers are entitled to an opinion, but their opinion is only a scratch on the brick wall that male gamers have built over decades. They need to understand their opinion is only as strong as their representation, but they're trying to amplify their voices by yelling into gigantic megaphones (metaphorically speaking).

4) Female gamers also forget the developers themselves are 90% male. Females are generally not interested in gaming, their interests lie elsewhere. Nobody is banning females from entering programming classes or game development, they're just not interested in it and would rather do Business/Literature/Arts/whatever.

5) Female gamers want to be accepted into the gaming community, yet end up contradicting their own logic when they say that they already make up 42% of the community. What the hell kind of sense does that make, their effective presence in the community is jack-all. Fragdolls, a single pro gaming female group exists solely to represent females in the vast OCEAN of pro gamers. There's a nice, accurate ratio for you. To such a tiny minority, the majority of the community will remain as hostile and unwelcoming as ever. I'm not sexist, but I'm not going to lie when I say that the community is not going to change tha easily.

6) Female gamers say that they want the sexist discrimination against them to stop in online games (fair enough), but fail to understand that in the real world discrimination will continue because their numbers are fucking TINY. Discrimination will happen no matter how much they whine about it because of their tiny numbers, made even smaller due to their reluctance to enter online gaming. They keep saying "we don't have to prove our numbers", well then don't even bother entering multiplayer because that's always been about proving yourself, and always will be about proving yourself. Stick to Farmville or whatever.

7) Female gamers forget that this isn't grade school where you can run to the teachers when a group of mean boys bullies you. This is the fucking gaming world, where everyone can choose to be an anonymous sexist/racist monster. You're not 5 years old, learn to defend yourself, don't expect "nice guys" (white knights) to help defend you. You want games which cater to you? Do you know how well a game about half-naked oversexualized men would sell? It would sell JACK-ALL copies because there are barely any female gamers around to buy the game. I guarantee it. The publishers already know this, why do you think we haven't see such AAA games *specifically* aimed at women yet? Hmmm? How well would Ninja Gaiden sell if the protagonist fought in his underwear, the female gamers would love those glistening ninja muscles wouldn't they? Oh wait, such a game would sell jack-all copies. The game industry and publishers KNOW this better than anyone else, the complete lack of such games is self-evident.

End of story.

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
Tippy said:
Vault101 said:

> Female gamers are a tiny minority and vastly overestimate their numbers.

> Female gamers want to see a fairer depiction of their gender in all video games, but forget that developers care very little about what females think because 90% of their target audience (and buyers) are male and can easily keep the gaming industry afloat on their own (as male gamers have done for the past 20 years). The huge success of countless games featuring sexed-up female characters is self-explanatory of this fact.

> Female gamers are entitled to an opinion, but their opinion is only a scratch on the brick wall that male gamers have built over decades. They need to understand this.

> Female gamers also forget the developers themselves are 90% male. Females are generally not interested in gaming, their interests lie elsewhere. Nobody is banning females from entering programming classes or game development, they're just not interested in it and would rather do Business/Literature/Arts/whatever.

> Female gamers want to be accepted into the gaming community, yet end up contradicting their own logic when they say that they already make up 42% of the community. What the hell kind of sense does that make, their effective presence in the community is jack-all. Fragdolls, a single pro gaming female group exists solely to represent females in the vast OCEAN of pro gamers. There's a nice, accurate ratio for you.

> Female gamers claim that they want the sexist discrimination against them to stop in online games, and yet fail to understand that in the real world discrimination will continue because their numbers are fucking TINY. Discrimination will happen no matter how much they whine about it because of their tiny numbers, made even smaller due to their reluctance to enter online gaming.
And this isn't grade school where you can run to the teachers when a group of mean boys bullies you. This is the fucking online world, where everyone can choose to be an anonymous sexist/racist monster. You're not 5 years old, learn to defend yourself, don't expect "nice guys" (white knights) to help defend you. Learn to fight it, or stick to Angry Birds.

> Only if you do the above will we see significant female presence in the online gaming world, and those ogre-like male gamers may develop some actual respect for you.

End of story.
Still not helping yourself bro. You're in the loop again.

Ya gotta account for the things I brought up.

Gender walls are built and maintained by men.

Steps of development as a guy in relationship to women:

1.) I had a cooties phase. I thought girls were icky.

2.) Then they suddenly started to get pretty and stuff.

3.) I felt confused about women, cause I liked them but they were different.

4.) I meet intelligent, cool and lovable girls. My equals. Friends, family and girlfriends.

5.) Learn that respect is based on personal merits. Men and women can be equally stupid and evil. Or smart. Whatever.

6.) Learn that certain other men are stuck at earlier stages, and still isolate, mistreat, disrespect and discriminate against women. And learn that we have always had preset advantages since the dawn of stereotyping and religion. Gender effects our identity everywhere we go.

7.) Try to minimize that, and actively support women's equal treatment.

You're on step 5.

I think.

That's why you keep getting these remarks, because you just keep telling girls to go and do it without any help.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Overusedname said:
Still not helping yourself bro. You're in the loop again.

Ya gotta account for the things I brought up.

Gender walls are built and maintained by men.

Steps of development as a guy in relationship to women:

1.) I had a cooties phase. I thought girls were icky.

2.) Then they suddenly started to get pretty and stuff.

3.) I felt confused about women, cause I liked them but they were different.

4.) I meet intelligent, cool and lovable girls. My equals. Friends, family and girlfriends.

5.) Learn that respect is based on personal merits. Men and women can be equally stupid and evil. Or smart. Whatever.

6.) Learn that certain other men are stuck at earlier stages, and still isolate, mistreat, disrespect and discriminate against women. And learn that we have always had preset advantages since the dawn of stereotyping and religion. Gender effects our identity everywhere we go.

7.) Try to minimize that, and actively support women's equal treatment.

You're on step 5.

I think.

That's why you keep getting these remarks, because you just keep telling girls to go and do it without any help.
You forgot the final step, which is actually an expansion on step 6.

8.) Realize that on the internet and in the gaming world, everyone can be a sexist/racist/discriminatory monster (regardless of gender) without any consequence and therefore they will DO IT, they will do it to the fullest of their ability. This is unlike anything the world has ever seen before.
When some people are granted full anonymity their lack of respect knows no bounds, they will go for the most hurtful insults they can find. You either learn to ignore it, fight back, adapt to it or take the final option - withhold your identity and sit quietly.

I have reached step 8.

Most female online gamers chose to sit quietly.

wulf3n

Mar 12, 2012
Tippy said:
You either learn to ignore it, fight back, adapt to it or take the final option - go home.
Sounds like you're just complacent, It's not happening to me so it's not my problem.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Tippy said:
You are assuming women would want to play ninja gaiden with the protagonist in his underwear. We wouldn't. Because it would be fucking stupid, as stupid as this is.

That fighting gear is totally reasonable! >_>

I finished Ninja Gaiden on the hardest setting on the XBOX yet I still had to put up with things like this.

Why can men not separate fap material and gaming is it really that much of a slight. Would it it effect you so much to have better characterisations of women and not sticks with watermelons strapped to them dressed in pvc.

This is what I don't understand why do men NEED this pandering so badly that they attack any woman who speaks out against it can you not just type Porn into google?

Your whole argument is you think women are a minority so we should just shut up because there is no point and no one is going to listen to us. I guess Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks should have just followed that rationale too huh?

Women aren't sex objects there for you to ogle in real life so why should they be in games?

Overusedname

Jun 26, 2012
Tippy said:
8.) Realize that on the internet and in the gaming world, everyone can be a sexist/racist/discriminatory monster (regardless of gender) without any consequence and therefore they will DO IT, they will do it to the fullest of their ability. This is unlike anything the world has ever seen before.
When some people are granted full anonymity their lack of respect knows no bounds, they will go for the most hurtful insults they can find. You either learn to ignore it, fight back, adapt to it or take the final option - withhold your identity and sit quietly.

I have reached step 8.

Most female online gamers chose to sit quietly.
That's just complacency dude. That's backtracking a few steps.

Yeah, the internet let's people get away with it, but if you give a sexist shit for it they shut up and leave. Trust me, my friends and I have ganged up on this type before. They don't exactly have integrity, they WILL run away to another server. And if it keeps happening to him, he might just shut his mouth, or at the very least it'll make it more clear that girls can be chill all up in here yo.

...it's really not asking much.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Mythrandia said:
Holy crap, for reading that all I deserve a medal.
Can I have some of your drugs, PLEASE!!! Seriously though, that was the longest post I've ever read. I came out more confused than when I was going in.

Tippy said:
^ This is one of the reasons why women will be continued to be shunned in male-dominated gaming communities. You make "harassment" sound like a guy has tied you to a chair and is physically feeling you up, for goodness sake.
Seriously, the way that females throw the "harassment" word around immediately makes everyone frantically back away from the topic thinking "wait, did she say harassment? Wow, I'm staying out of this lol".
Call it harassment all you like - it's empty threats, just words, it's the internet, it's people being idiots, it's the state of aggressive multiplayer, and if you can't block it out (or learn to harass back and kick some ass) then it's never going to work. Especially if you're alone, on your own. Just sit by the side lines, stick to singleplayer.
And why exactly is the fact that they posses a vagina related to their ability to wield a virtual gun and waste other gamers in cyberspace? Not like you really need a microphone in Call of Duty. What are you gonna use it for? Talking tactics and setting up precision military maneuvers? Unlikely, the only real use for it is to yell at others. Also, you terminology sucks. Your example isn't "harassment", it's kidnapping and sexual harassment. If some idiot equates plain "harassment" with that, it's not my issue.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Tippy said:
You are assuming women would want to play ninja gaiden with the protagonist in his underwear. We wouldn't. Because it would be fucking stupid, as stupid as this is.

That fighting gear is totally reasonable! >_>

I finished Ninja Gaiden on the hardest setting on the XBOX yet I still had to put up with things like this.

Why can men not separate fap material and gaming is it really that much of a slight. Would it it effect you so much to have better characterisations of women and not sticks with watermelons strapped to them dressed in pvc.

This is what I don't understand why do men NEED this pandering so badly that they attack any woman who speaks out against it can you not just type Porn into google?
Sweet, now we can discuss man stuff <3. Ok everything I say below, I will finish every sentence with "as sales, trends and statistics have already proven" but I will shorten it to "ASTASHAP". K?

We totally welcome better female characterizations. We welcome everything you welcome. But the sexualization is the icing on the cake, an icing welcome by most male gamers. ASTASHAP.

If fap material was part of EVERY game, it would quickly get boring and repetitive. There are plenty of AAA games where there is no sexualization whatsoever (especially where games where there are almost no female characters) and they are just as popular with the guys as games with oversexualization. ASTASHAP.

Every sane male gamer knows that those skimpy costumes would make terrible suits to fight in, that much is obvious. But this is the very definition of fantasy, to get away from reality, so most of us are perfectly fine with those costumes, like I said it's the icing. ASTASHAP.

You can call it "juvenille, immature, blah blah" all you like but those people are literally keeping these games afloat on their own, so you can imagine how many of them there are. ASTASHAP.

Typing porn into google just isn't the same as having it delivered as part of an interactive medium (well no, I don't know any actual porn games on console/PC, but you get the gist). ASTASHAP.

As for the Ninja Gaiden example, I just reversed the gender situation and it turns out I was wrong in your case. Perhaps you're just a female gamer who has no interest in seeing some sexual eye candy thrown into their gameplay. I know plenty of male gamers who get turned off by the skimply constumes. But most don't, ASTASHAP.

It's also why they have booth babes at gaming conventions, to help sell the games to the primary target audience (males, duh), and it works, the guys love it. ASTASHAP.

Your whole argument is you think women are a minority so we should just shut up because there is no point and no one is going to listen to us. I guess Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks should have just followed that rationale too huh?
No no, don't shut up. Keep going. I'm equally interested to see what happens in the next 5-10 years and see if things change at all (no doubt they will, just wondering how slowly and painfully).

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
your argument if full of strawman

Tippy said:
2) Female gamers want to see a fairer depiction of their gender in all video games, but forget that developers care very little about what females think because 90% of their target audience (and buyers) are male and can easily keep the gaming industry afloat on their own (as male gamers have done for the past 20 years). The huge success of countless games featuring sexed-up female characters is self-explanatory of this fact, don't even try to deny one of the main driving reasons behind why TERA, DoA series, Tomb Raider series and countless other games sold so many copies.
thats open for interpretation

and it depends on context...I don't think too many female gamers were all that fussed about saaaay, Juliet from Lolipop Chainsaw....even aside from her "obvious" air headed female sex obect factor she wasn't [i/]that bad[/i] of a character in terms of how much assed she kicked and others things

you know what? there is a time and place for silly over sexualised content aimed at males..BUT sometimes its not needed..certainly not for every game...its about maturing as a medium, and that has got NOTHING to do with a female presence...or to put it into another term...were still at "B-movie to blockbuster" level..games havnt leveled up to "citizen ane" but were getting there

and even then..most big games thease days that Ive playes are [i/]actually pretty good[/i] in how they handle female characters...so win-win

in other words nobody wants to take away those tits that are [b/][obviously[/b] so important to you in games

[quote/]3) Female gamers are entitled to an opinion, but their opinion is only a scratch on the brick wall that male gamers have built over decades. They need to understand their opinion is only as strong as their representation, but they're trying to amplify their voices by yelling into gigantic megaphones (metaphorically speaking).[/quote]
uggghhh..the fuck?

I'm getting some [i/]serious[/i] boys club mentality there... I disagree...we still deserve to be heard in certain cases

its not like we want to change games into the kind of shit that's targeted towards us...we wouldst be playing games in the first place if there wasn't something we liked

[quote/]4) Female gamers also forget the developers themselves are 90% male. Females are generally not interested in gaming, their interests lie elsewhere. Nobody is banning females from entering programming classes or game development, they're just not interested in it and would rather do Business/Literature/Arts/whatever.[/quote]
your point?.....

mabye you shouldn't have a say when it comes to my little poney since its intended for girls..in fact wasn't my little poney made by women? or a women had a large hand in it

[quote/]5) Female gamers want to be accepted into the gaming community, yet end up contradicting their own logic when they say that they already make up 42% of the community. What the hell kind of sense does that make, their effective presence in the community is jack-all. Fragdolls, a single pro gaming female group exists solely to represent females in the vast OCEAN of pro gamers. There's a nice, accurate ratio for you. To such a tiny minority, the majority of the community will remain as hostile and unwelcoming as ever. I'm not sexist, but I'm not going to lie when I say that the community is not going to change tha easily.[/quote]

Id actually like the think a fair portion of "gamers" are actually sane rational human beings that don;t flip their shit at the Idea of a female playing games

events and pro gaming aren't the entirety of the gaming spectrum...

again..even if numbers are low we still have opinions to be heard

[quote/]6) Female gamers say that they want the sexist discrimination against them to stop in online games (fair enough), but fail to understand that in the real world discrimination will continue because their numbers are fucking TINY.[/quote]
no...this kind of "retarded assholery" is less in the real world because for some reason online brings out peoples inner jerks

[quote/]Discrimination will happen no matter how much they whine about it because of their tiny numbers[/quote]

I don;t belive "Numbers" alone have to be the deciding factor here =..because regardless of numbers its still not ok

[quote/]made even smaller due to their reluctance to enter online gaming.[/quote]
females playing online exist..mabye alot of them don't bother with mics?

[quote/]They keep saying "we don't have to prove our numbers", well then don't even bother entering multiplayer because that's always been about numbers, and always will be about numbers.[/quote]

what the fuck are you on about? no really whats that supposed to mean? and again, going back to my original point "competitive multilayer" does not represent the entirety of "gaming"

[quote/]Stick to Farmville or whatever.[/quote]

WHY SHOULD I PLAY FARMVILLE????!!

I don't like farmville

no one likes farmville

I will play whatever god-damn fucking games I WANT because I LIKE good games..not skinner box shit like farmville

oh do I sound angry? GOD DAMN FUCKING RIGHT I'm angry...no seriously what the fuck? what makes you think that Farmville apeals to female gamers? if somone calls themselves a "gamer" who doesnt play casual games then farmville IS NOT on their list of games..famrville isn't even a good game, as I said its dumb skinner box shit and ANY gamer regardless of gender knows this

so why the fuck do you think we should be playing farmville? I can't fucking belive anyone would actually think like this..youve really outdone yourself here bud

[quote/] Female gamers forget that this isn't grade school where you can run to the teachers when a group of mean boys bullies you.[/quote]

no..this is real life where you don;t be a jerk...because jerks get whats coming to them (not all the time but the point still stands)

[quote/]This is the fucking gaming world, where everyone can choose to be an anonymous sexist/racist monster.[/quote]
and its a sad fact..true we have to put up with it but it doesnt make it ok

[quote/]You're not 5 years old, learn to defend yourself,[/quote]
youre not a 5 year old..learn to act like an acutal human being and not some rabid caveman

[quote/]don't expect "nice guys" (white knights) to help defend you.[/quote]
"I expect white knights to defend me" <-SAID NO FEMALE GAMER EVER

I don't except anyone to defends me..and I also think the term "white knight" is mostly bullshit used by people to ridicule guys that might have the AUDACITY to actually think some things might be sexist...you dont have to be female to see or have aproblem with sexism

[quote/]You want games which cater to you?[/quote]
we want good games just like everyone else

[quote/]Do you know how well a game about half-naked oversexualized men would sell? It would sell JACK-ALL copies because there are barely any female gamers around to buy the game. I guarantee it. The publishers already know this, why do you think we haven't see such AAA games *specifically* aimed at women yet? Hmmm? How well would Ninja Gaiden sell if the protagonist fought in his underwear, the female gamers would love those glistening ninja muscles wouldn't they? Oh wait, such a game would sell jack-all copies.

End of story.[/quote]

yes, because if its not one its the other.. that's OBVIOUSLY the kind of thing we want (hint: its not)

again..just good games..they don't have to be sexualsied, I mean you seem to have the same kind of problem here...you have all these weird Ideas as to "what female gamers want" when its clear you really don;t have a clue

what makes you think a game "aimed specificlaly at women" would be some kind of "thing" like you described? is every single big game we play full of tits and sex? no its not,as I said before most big names games Ive played over the past year or so have been good in that regard I don't get why tits ans sex is soooo important to you in games.... again you have no frigging clue

mabye you want to stick with games full of tits aimed at horny 14 year olds which is fine, the rest of us adults like other things

let me give you a hint, the only ONLY thing I would appreciate more in games are more games where I can play as a female

also hopefully for games to get a little more creative in their approach so we dont have as many bland boring protagonists...ans thats got nothing to do with females..thats good for everyone

bottom line BEING A SEXIST DICK IS NOT OK

end of story