Ascendancy: the Far West (Interest / Recruitment)

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Ascendancy
The Far West

Hello Everyone. I'm Anti-American Eagle, and this is the introduction to "the Far West."

So, to begin. Over the past couple of years I've been developing a ruleset and world to go along with it over the course of a couple of forums and several years to play nation/godgames with. The journey began on a forum known as "the Escapist," and has travelled from there to the Giant in the Playgrounds forum and then Mythweavers. I've taken a break for the past while from developing this, but with recent events I've scaled things back and begun again.

Ascendancy: The Far West is a game set on the same world and plane as the previous games but on a continent to the West, apart and away from old conflicts though still afflicted with the same foibles inflicted upon it by the gods. The rules function to allow players to play just about anything in a god/nation game type framework, playing anything from a god or empire, to trading guild or detective in this new world.

I'm looking to find a couple interested writers to play anything they would like to within this world, I'd like to aim for an american/pacific themed land but that's up to the players. I'll be playing Danko, the Painted Man, a demigod wandering the lands and helping people along his way.

In the ancient past the world was created by Primordial gods. These gods came from the Aetherial Sea (the realm of the dead), created a world from this realm and then ripped it out into what is reality. There is the continent of the North (the Arctic), the continent of the South (the Antarctic), the continent of the West (the new setting), and the continent of the East (the old setting, this isn't something to concern yourself with unless the players press the issue).

The Primordials disappeared, gods have come and went each time contributing something to the world and then leaving or fading away. The Western continent is (until players write up sheets) populated by the Quetzals (bird people who practice blood magic based on the aztecs), Coatls (amphibious serpent people), Shrage (skinwalkers), Luug (rock men), and the Vahariel (survivors from a war in the East who used magic and biotechnology to take over the south, who are vaguely maori inspired).

Gods exist, magic exists, man can surpass gods and gods can seek higher ascension. Player creations will be integrated into the world at the beginning and we'll go from there.
In the ancient past the world was created by Primordial gods. These gods came from the Aetherial Sea (the realm of the dead), created a world from this realm and then ripped it out into what is reality. There is the continent of the North (the Arctic), the continent of the South (the Antarctic), the continent of the West (the new setting), and the continent of the East (the old setting, this isn't something to concern yourself with unless the players press the issue).

The Primordials disappeared, gods have come and went each time contributing something to the world and then leaving or fading away. The Western continent is populated by the Quetzals, Coatls, Shrage, Luug, and the Vahariel.

Gods exist, magic exists, man can surpass gods and gods can seek higher ascension. Player creations will be integrated into the world at the beginning and we'll go from there.
- You begin with 12 AP.
- You gain 3 AP a week.
- You can stockpile up to 12 AP between each week.

- AP is spent to create concepts each week that give between +1 and +5 to a stat depending upon how many AP you spend.
- Concepts are the main focus of the system, you use them to alter and establish things about the gameworld.
- Concepts grant a bonus to one of the three statistics, each of which increase a bonus to a form of RCR.
- The three statistics are "Influence," "Wealth," and "Unity" each representing a resource.
- Every 12 points in a statistic unlocks a +1 synergy bonus to another statistic.

- Every 12 AP spent allows one to make a concept into an "Ascendant Concept," increasing your investment in said concept and control over it, and increasing all three statistics by +1 for each Ascendant Concept.

- RCR, or Random Conflict Resolution, is used to resolve conflicting narratives between players who either cannot come to an agreement on how said conflict should be resolved or who desire to have a degree of randomness to their plot.
- RCR is resolved using competing D20 rolls modified by Influence, Wealth, or Unity statistics gained using concepts.
- Effects of RCR rolls are determined by agreement between the involved parties, or by the GM (Anti-American Eagle).
- Examples of non-narrative effects include Negative concepts applied to the losing party or the theft of concepts from the losing party.
- If submitting on the Mythweavers forums, first see the "Dreams of the East" thread. Danko, the Vahariel, the Nautilan Council, and the other sheets are examples of character sheets. You need not follow their formats but that is generally what I am looking for in terms of subsmissions. For your character sheet, you begin with three Ascendant Concepts. One of the concepts is your main concept and should have a sheet of the length of Danko, the Vahariel, the Nautilan Council, or any of the sheets in the "Core Races" thread for it. Beyond this your other two concepts are secondary concepts, they are related ideas, organizations, or characters related to your primary concept that you wish to establish with your submission. These secondary concepts can be of the length of the others if you wish to write about them, or as small as a paragraph about the concept.

In general concepts should have atleast a paragraph attached to them, to describe what they are or are doing. Your character sheet is the same. Three concepts, one for your primary character or characters. These concepts can be anything (though the first should either be god, group, or individual). If you're not sure if it would fit or be allowed message me (Anti-American Eagle) and I'll talk to you about it.

- If submitting on the Giant in the Playground forums, first either see the "Dreams of the East" thread on the mythweavers forum or the Danko post in the setting thread on GITP. Danko, the Vahariel, the Nautilan Council, and the other sheets are examples of character sheets. You need not follow their formats but that is generally what I am looking for in terms of submissions. For your character sheet, you begin with three Ascendant Concepts. One of the concepts is your main concept and should have a sheet of the length of Danko, the Vahariel, the Nautilan Council, or any of the sheets in the "Core Races" thread for it. Beyond this your other two concepts are secondary concepts, they are related ideas, organizations, or characters related to your primary concept that you wish to establish with your submission. These secondary concepts can be of the length of the others if you wish to write about them, or as small as a paragraph about the concept.

In general concepts should have atleast a paragraph attached to them, to describe what they are or are doing. Your character sheet is the same. Three concepts, one for your primary character or characters. These concepts can be anything (though the first should either be god, group, or individual). If you're not sure if it would fit or be allowed message me (Anti-American Eagle) and I'll talk to you about it.

- If submitting on the Escapist forums, first either see the "Dreams of the East" thread on the mythweavers forum or the Danko post in the setting info I've posted. Danko, the Vahariel, the Nautilan Council, and the other nation sheets are examples of character sheets. You need not follow their formats but that is generally what I am looking for in terms of subsmissions. For your character sheet, you begin with three Ascendant Concepts. One of the concepts is your main concept and should have a sheet of the length of Danko, the Vahariel, the Nautilan Council, or any of the sheets in the "Core Races" thread for it. Beyond this your other two concepts are secondary concepts, they are related ideas, organizations, or characters related to your primary concept that you wish to establish with your submission. These secondary concepts can be of the length of the others if you wish to write about them, or as small as a paragraph about the concept.

Feel free to speak, discuss, and critique should you feel the need to.

Check the index thread for links to find anything not on these forums. Right now I'm developing a setting guide to be worked upon by myself and any players that come about as time permits. The rules are finished, and I have initial setting info in the "Core Races" and "Dreams of the East" threads in the mythweavers forum so that people have some idea of what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Ascendancy: the Far West

Hello. This is my third draft of an attempt at homebrewing a game system, built off of games that came before it, more specifically built on my previous attempt "Ascendancy: 1900" and "Only Ruins." "Only Ruins" was a world barely held together after an apocalypse, in which people were trying to begin again amongst the ruins of an age of wonder. "Ascendancy" is a game set 726-826 years in the future of that world as society begins to come together again.

The below rules are a more built up framework to build upon as time goes on both in and around the planned game using this system. I think this time I'm terming it the concept system, after having termed the past two games a nation game and an intrigue game, with neither of those really fitting it anymore this is now Ascendancy: a concept system.

My plan is to rework and finish this before moving on to the setting guides for the Far West and 2000. I'll keep anyone interested in the loop as best as I can. Feel free to speak, discuss, and critique should you feel the need to in the Discord or OOC thread in the forums. I'll be patching holes and building upon this as directed and as I see need to.
Introduction

Welcome to our revised set of rules for this game. These rules have been made as part of an ongoing evolutionary process, a result of many games that have gone before on this and other sites. They are not perfect, and perhaps will never be, but hopefully through each game we will learn something new and take one step further on this journey. Thank you for being a part of it.

Heavy Metal Rules

These are some basic rules that should form the general approach to play:

[FIELDSET="Heavy Metal Rules"]The Golden Rule
  • The Golden Rule is to have fun!

While roleplaying and building a universe can be demanding at times, don't forget this most obvious and forgotten rule - we're all here to have fun. Everyone wants to have a good time. So if you find yourself frustrated or dismayed at times, remember this Golden Rule. Then move straight on to…

The Silver Rule
  • The Silver Rule is to collaborate and communicate!

Roleplaying cannot be won, only played. It's a shared experience that works best when players cooperate and work together. Now this doesn't mean that we should shy away from conflict between characters in our stories. It is just a reminder that conflict between players is discouraged and should be avoided. Consider that the aim of the game isn't to make the best God, or the greatest civilization, but rather to tell memorable stories, and build a rich and vibrant world together with your fellow players.
So if you have an idea, please share it.
If you have a question, please don't be afraid to ask.
If you think something might impact another player's contribution, please try to let them know.
If there's a concern about the rules, please voice it - we can always discuss it or ignore/change the rule if needed.
Finally, if you have a concern regarding another player, please try to talk to them about it. If you can't, then please feel free to speak with the ODINs for guidance or help with resolution.

Because in joining this game, you not only become part of a team, but also a wider community.

The Copper Rule
  • The Copper Rule is to get creative!

Memorable stories and a rich and vibrant world won't write themselves. So don't be afraid to think outside the box and try something new. Build on the ideas of others and don't let the Action Point (AP) System get in the way of a good story. Work out what you're trying to accomplish and then consult the list of actions to help you do it - make the rules work for you! If you can't find an action, ask for help. Remember, the list of actions is a guide and not intended to be exhaustive. There are plenty of actions that have little narrative significance and therefore may not require AP. I'm sure that together we'll figure out a way to make your idea come to life.

The Pyrite (Fool's Gold) Rule
  • The Pyrite Rule is don't be seduced by the game mechanics - narrative is what's important!

While AP, infusion, and ascension may glitter and gleam with allure, please remember that the most important thing is to create an engaging story and build a world we all want to play in. The mechanics are just that, cogs in the machine to help us produce a good end product.

So if you have to decide between what's the best strategy for your PC or what makes a good story, go with story every time.

And if you're tempted to try to use a rule to get more benefit for one character, please try to remember that it is just one character among many and that its really the entire universe that is at stake, of which you own an equal share. It is Lords of Creation after all.

The Iron Rule

• The Iron Rule is that wherever possible we will try to do things democratically, but if this isn't possible then the Moderators will have the final say. And if there's disagreement among them, then the Head Moderator will decide.

It follows then that the Moderators are not here to police, only to help smooth over arguments, clarify the rules, organize content, streamline play and keep the game moving. So this last resort should only come into effect to prevent extended logjam and move the game on when it is well and truly stuck. After all, it's a lot more fun for everyone if we're actually playing the game[/FIELDSET]

Edict of the Gods

Though gods are powerful beings, even they must bow to certain laws of the universe. These are as follows:
  • Gods are not omnipotent. They are limited in power, influence, infusion and divine potential as described in the Action point System and Ascendant Concepts below. Mechanically this translates into a finite number of Action Points. Further, they are matched in might by other gods.
  • Gods are not omniscient. They only know those things that they directly experience, or are reported to them by beings who did experience it. Direct experience is most commonly limited to perceiving anything occurring on the same land mass or body of water/sky i.e. up to a reasonable geographic boundary, that hasn't been concealed by another god (see The Action Point System below).
  • Gods are not omnipresent. They themselves can only be in one location at any given time, however their agents may be practically everywhere.

• Gods do not play dice with the universe, players do. Nothing happens without a player meaning it to happen. There may be undesired or even unanticipated consequences of their actions, but these are still manifestations of their characters. They are responsible and there is no external agency.

The Material Plane and Aether

The world plane born and shaped by the efforts of the Gods resides on the Material Plane, the first plane created, and is therefore both neutral and unique. Although gods may vie for control or even designate pieces of land upon it's worlds as holy, no god may create their Manse upon the Material Plane.

To sum this up for the rules. The Material Plane, the First World, cannot be reshaped wholesale without consequences or be "owned." The same applies to the only known other Plane, the Aether. Though the Aether can have portions reshaped within it into realms, it cannot be "owned." Nor can its nature be altered, it is the Aether and it is the universal resting place (not taking into account those who have their souls taken elsewhere by specific gods).

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
The Action Point System

Action Points (AP) are used as a measure of how much power and influence your characters can expend at any one time. Everyone begins the first week of the game with 12 Action Points. These Action Points (AP) can be spent using any variation of the actions listed below that a player can imagine, and is the principal method of creating or changing things on the worlds that we are building. A turn is a weekly period of play that ends at 12:00AM EST on every Sunday. At this time, everyone gains additional AP during what is dubbed 'Rollover' since any unspent AP from the previous week (up to a maximum of 12AP) 'rolls over' into the next turn of the game. At the end of the first week and every week thereafter everyone gains 3AP during the Rollover.

This system has an emphasis on cooperation and rivalry between players and their characters. As such certain actions can be shared by one or more player. These are referred to as 'split' actions. The premier example of this is the 'Form/Join Pact' Action. This action costs a total of at least 2AP requiring two or more separate players to each spend 1AP to complete the action. However, since the game is played on a PbP forum not all players are available to respond in real time. Therefore, split actions must be marked as shown in each player's Event Timeline post using OOC tags (see Event Timeline thread) and each Ascendant has until Rollover to complete the action or the AP is refunded.

Each turn (week) represents roughly a month of time in the world.
Concepts are the main source of power within the setting, they can be created, developed, shared, and stolen. They are ideas, techniques, and systems of power that make a fantasy world what it is. In this rule system beyond its LoC based modifications the existence of concepts now includes just about anything; cultural, technological, magical, societal... even territorial, geographic, or personal ideas (This means cities and characters are valid concepts). This beyond technologies can include foci on smithing, the development of magical abilities, treaties, agreements, artifacts, characters, and the creation of organizations such as spy rings and military orders or even religions.

If you're not sure what you're developing would fit under feel free to contact me.

Create Simple Concept (1AP): Simple Concepts are simple things that nonetheless lay the foundation for higher civilization. Many Simple concepts can be assumed to exist in a primitive form in any society of sapient beings, but spending AP will develop it further and make it a defining point of a culture. Agriculture, Trapping, Writing, Masonry, Shipbuilding, and Smithing are all examples of Mundane Concepts. Mundane Concepts add by default +1 to a resource rating.

Simple Concepts in this system include what would be normal actions for a society, or mortals in general. Further development of mortal and mundane ideas could be Moderate or Advanced Concepts, this would include the development of villages into metropolises and fortresses. If you think in terms of the divine, the below traditional LoC actions are examples of Minor concepts. If Mythopoeia is more your speed think difficulty 5-9.

- Conceal/Disguise/Reveal (If your intent is to hide something, PMing the action to the GM would be appropriate...)
- Bless/Curse (Blessings or Curses may be countered or altered without RCR by spending one more AP than the previous concept)
- Create Basic Life

For mortals a Simple Concept represents as mentioned above, a focus on what can be assumed to already exist, or a simple development in a society or organization. Examples include the founding of a village, the construction of walls, the recording of history or myth, festivals, diplomacy, the hiring of mercenaries, and the worship or demonisation of gods. Use your best judgement, these should be relatively mundane developments for your mortals.

Create Developed Concept (2AP): Developed concepts are the mid point between simple and advanced concepts, they provide and represent the reasonable and expected benefits said midpoint brings.

If you think in terms of the divine, the below traditional LoC actions are examples of Moderate concepts. If Mythopoeia is more your speed think difficulty 7-11.
- Form/Join Pantheon (For nations this would be creating an alliance or confederation...)
- Divine Favor
- Alter Land/Water
- Create Portal
- Open/Close Portal
- Create Monstrous Life
- Create Organization

For mortals a Developed Concept represents as mentioned above the mid point between Simple and Advanced concepts, and/or the further development of existing Simple concepts. This is the enhancement of villages into cities, the construction of fortresses, and armies. As above use your best judgement.

Create Advanced Concept (3AP): Advanced Concepts are complex ideas that greatly improve the capabilities of sapient beings that utilize them. While a single Advanced Concept does not on its own revolutionize a society, in tandem with other concepts they can advance societies by leaps and bounds. Architectural Engineering, Mathematics, Steel Working, Siege Warfare, Astronomy, and Literature are all examples of Advanced Concepts. Advanced Concepts add by default +3 to a resource rating.

Advanced Concepts in this system include advanced societal and divine actions. If you think in terms of the divine, the below traditional LoC actions are examples of Advanced concepts. If Mythopoeia is more your speed think difficulty 9-13.
- Bridge Plane
- Lock/Unlock Plane
- Create Sub-race
- Raise Hero
- Create Minor Artifact
- Divine Infusion
- Create Land/Water

For mortals an Advanced Concept represents relatively advanced ideas and technologies within a society. This is the development of villages into metropolises, the changing of a bronze based society to an iron working society, and later the development of industry.

Create Mythic Concept (4AP): Mythical Concepts are fantastical ideas and elements that provide incredible resources and capabilities to the Sapient beings that utilize them. Mythical Concepts represent the various extraordinary arts and techniques that can be performed by Sapient beings, from systems of magic to powerful technologies. Sorcery, Alchemy, True-Naming, Magitech, and Mythril Forging are all examples of Mythical Concepts. Advanced Concepts add by default +4 to a resource rating.

Mythic Concepts in this system include mythic societal actions and divine actions. If you think in terms of the divine, the below traditional LoC actions are examples of Mythic concepts. If Mythopoeia is more your speed think difficulty 11-15.
- Weave Plane
- Create Sapient Life
- Form Society
- Create Major Artifact
- Create Avatar

For mortals a Mythic Concept represents the breaching of mortal concepts into the supernatural and divine, the creation of artifacts, the use of magic, and the construction of wonders.

Create Supernal Concept (5AP): Supernal concepts represent the height of the power of Ascendant souls, divine or otherwise. They are a step above the Mythic and provide bonuses beyond what is otherwise thought of as possible.

If you think in terms of the divine, the below traditional LoC actions are examples of Supernal concepts. If Mythopoeia is more your speed think difficulty 17-19.
- Create Mythic Life
- Greater Infusion
- Create Supernal Artifact
- Create God

For mortals a Supernal Concept is the high point of mortal effort as it is for the divine, this is a threat and challenge to the divine order and the beginning of an Ascendant.

Create Sub-Concept (Variable): A Sub-Concept is a way of extending and better defining the capabilities of an existing concept. It can take the form of new applications for existing techniques, new materials to work with, or new Techniques to achieve similar effects. One could create a sub-concept of Sorcery called Divination that allows sorcerers to divine the events of the past, present, and future. A sub-concept of Magitech could by Vehicular Locomotion, allowing the creation of magic-powered trains, flying ships, or mechanical steeds. Sub-Concepts can only be created from existing Concepts, and costs half as much (costing a miniumum of 1 AP) as the base concept did to create (However you may choose to spend additional AP on the sub-concept for the purposes of bonuses). Sub-Concepts add the same of amount of a bonus as it costed in AP to create.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
If you attempt something other than these actions, they will be accommodated within reason and possibly added to the list. This list is meant to be added to. If you wish to do something in secret then a PM to me is appropriate.

Influence
- Hoard Wealth (Costs 1 Action Point, Burn 12 Influence rating to increase Wealth rating by 6 points)
- Form/Join a Pact (Costs 1 Action Point. Information in Relationships)

Wealth
- Redistribute Wealth (Costs 1 Action Point, Burn 12 Wealth rating to increase Unity rating by 6 points)

Unity
- Promote Unity (Costs 1 Action Point, Burn 12 Unity rating to increase Influence rating by 6 points)

Conflict (The below are examples of conflict actions that can occur, listed with mortals in mind.)
- Assault a Stronghold. (Costs 1 AP, Military Conflict, Wealth vs Wealth)
- Raid another faction. (Costs 1 AP, Military Conflict, Wealth vs Wealth)
- Infiltrate another faction and put an agent into place. (Costs 1 AP, Espionage Conflict, Influence vs Unity)
- Attempt to uncover a foreign agent. (Costs 1 AP, Espionage Conflict, Unity vs Influence)
- Spy on another faction and attempt to learn or steal their secrets. (Costs 1 AP, Espionage Conflict, Influence vs Unity)
- Sabotage another faction. (Costs 1 AP, Espionage Conflict, Influence vs Unity)
- Attempt an assassination. (Costs 1 AP, Espionage Conflict, Influence vs Unity)
Influence - Influence is the representation of your factions overall influence over the forces of the world, including other players and their characters, taking the place of population, territory, and worship attributes. Influence makes it easier to well influence the world and the forces within it, and its score is further defined by marking which factions the influence is over.

Every +12 of Influence increases your Wealth rating by +1

Wealth - Wealth is the representation of your factions overall wealth and prestige on the international market, as well as base resources gained through territorial acquisition and in the case of divinities this can even mean strength gained through worship. Additional Wealth can accrued through concepts or by theft.

Every +12 of Wealth increases your Unity rating by +1.

Unity - Unity is the overall representation of your factions overall health and stability as a group. A low Unity is a negative influence over your characters and is measured by the measuring of the difference between your Unity and Influence scores. A low Unity leaves you open to calamity.

Every +12 of Unity increases your Influence rating by +1.
Random Conflict Resolution (RCR)

Sometimes players can’t come to a conclusion on how an event should be dealt with and/or disagreements cannot be settled. Sometimes a player wants to press combat with another God or Society. To alleviate such problems a Random Conflict Resolution can be called.

Random Conflict Resolution is conducted through competing d20s with rolls modified by the Resource ratings involved and the Ascension status of the characters of the involved players. Simply, whoever rolls the highest number after modifiers have been applied wins and gets to dictate their terms. RCR may be carried out over multiple actions and rolls dependent on what each faction desires.

There are two main forms of conflict implemented so far in the rules, Military and Espionage. This is not the limit to the forms of conflict that may take place but they are the most obvious and powerful, in the future I intend economic and social RCR and if anyone has interest they are free to pursue these avenues if they wish them implemented.

These conflicts and actions can range from precise military strikes, raids, and invasions to corporate espionage, theft, and political blackmail. This is not a limit to what you can do. Perhaps in the future someone will have the idea to impose trade sanctions on a trading company, humiliate a politician to weaken a rival faction, or stage a kidnapping.

Beyond RP effects damage may be applied with each RCR, usually through Negative Concepts or the theft of Concepts related to the method of RCR undertaken.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Ascendant Concepts

Everyone has their own spheres of influence; these are described here as Ascendant Concepts. They not only dictate the areas of affinity and potency for their power, but shape the identity and character of their characters. Players select their Ascendant Concepts based upon what they have been doing and what their characters have influence over. At the beginning of play players begin with three Ascendant Concepts, one matching the core of their character identity and two representing something they have influence over.

As players alter the world and establish themsleves, their puissance and interest in related concepts grows. For every 12AP spent towards a certain idea they may elevate an existing concept under their control to an Ascendant Concept. This Ascendant Concept is chosen by the player and recorded on their sheet apart from their normal concepts. Once the 12AP has been spent, a Player need only indicate they are taking the Ascendant Concept in their post in the 'Event Timeline' thread and they are considered to have gained the Ascendant Concept. This may be changed subsequently by posting in the same thread, however any action should be at least somehow related to the Ascendant Concept to which the AP is being attributed.

Any Ascendant Concept may be gained more than once, indicating a greater focus or investment in that specific area, being denoted with a rank# for each additional rank in said concept. It still requires that 12AP be spent to acquire the same Concept an additional time.

If you're looking for an understanding of why someone would want an Ascendant Concept... It's a combination of domains and infusions from LoC as the rules are currently intended. Though negatives may be applied through RCR or the Concept altered, the ownership of an Ascendant Concept can never truly be taken away from you once you have it. It also provides a +1 to every form of RCR undertaken by the owner after this point per Ascendant Concept or Ascendant Concept rank.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Pacts are agreements and relationships of various forms forged between players and the groups they control. Pacts are created by each participating player spending one AP to form, with the initial players and their characters act as the pact's leaders and set its direction, determining its name and purpose.

Pacts can take many forms (pantheons, alliances, treaties, divine covenants, infernal bargains, even simple friendships) and are up to interpretation, however they all mechanically follow the same mechanics and are subject to your best judgement GM adjudication if misused.

Every Pact must have two things: a Name, and a Purpose or Guidelines to be followed by its members. The name should be fitting to the nature of its creation, and its purpose should be chosen carefully.

Every two members of a pact provides a -1 AP discount to every member of the pact each week to actions that contribute to its purpose or follow the spirit of its guidelines as lain out at the creation of the pact.

The first two members of the pact act as its leaders. They act as gatekeepers for the initiation of new members, and can initiate votes to alter the pact, expel members, and if necessary create from the pacts members two separate pacts if disagreements reach such a necessary point.

As an addendum. You can be member of multiple pacts but may only benefit from the highest AP discount available to you, you may however use said discount with more freedom as a member of multiple pacts with more than one purpose to choose from.

The Below is a thread index, last updated June 20 2020.

Main Links
Mythweavers Forum: https://www.myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=32204
Grand Index: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=478805
Tumblr: https://luminenwalker.tumblr.com/
Discord: https://discord.gg/EeHvCUk

Rules
Rules (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=483207
Rules (Giant in the Playground): http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?603859

Recruitments
Introduction (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14821721
Lore Recruitment (Giant in the Playground): https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?609224
Lore Recruitment (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14821716
Interest Check (Escapist): https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/ascendancy-the-far-west-interest-check.72/
Recruitment (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14956119
Recruitment (Giant in the Playground): https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?613148

Setting / Sheets
Overview (Giant in the Playground): http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?605921
Core Races (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=478802
Dreams of the East (Anti-American Eagle): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=485587
Daydream's Earth Lizards (Avaday Daydream): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=485849
The Agmutan (Puppetress): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=499212
The Silthic (Gunhaven): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=499565
The Beyond (AlexanderML): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14975730
What Hides Beneath (drt22): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=499811
The Inevitable Wardens (crunchy): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=500248

Game Threads
Prologue (1): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=500369

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Backup rules, things that might be referenced from older rulesets are available in the Mythweavers forum at the bottom of the rules thread.

Tomorrow I'm going to put some work in. I hope to start a discussion around this game and start getting it back on track. Feel free to suggest ideas and critique the ruleset and/or the setting. The Setting is a continent to the West of the Mythopoeia/Only Ruins/1900/2000 continent, so still taking place in the same world. Separated by a stormwall that's effectively quarantined the gods and most of the mortals from crossing through.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Alright. So. I figured I probably forgot to say this. This is a forum based RPG, text based and written in paragraphs and actions. You can be just about anyone, from gods and demigods, to nature spirits and aberrations, or empires and trading guilds, or noble houses and detectives, etc. etc.

I'm looking to recruit a couple people, with anyone free to submit ideas and lore for this. Depending on how this goes this may be a recruitment thread for the actual game with a second thread opened up for said actual game to be run in.

With me having said paragraphs, if you can't come up with full stories every week that's fine. With how I want to set up concepts, some info on them in the action field is a perfectly acceptable post.

If you have any interest in this please say so, we'll be open for awhile.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
So....basically it's Dawn of Worlds?
Basically yes. This is a ruleset developed from those style of games, this one pushed a bit further into "you can do anything" territory in an attempt to expand possible stories that can come from it. It's been built off of a game called mythopoeia hosted on the old forums several years ago, a game called lords of creation I learned of on another forum, and derivations from those over the past couple of years I've found and developed.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Hmm. I've never played this sort of game before, but I like the concept of it. Life is keeping me busy, however, so I don't know if I will be available for it when the time comes.

So for now, you could say I'm interested but unsure about being able to participate.

Reactions: Anti-American Eagle

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
the Quetzals
Wings of Death

Role: Imperial Cult (Primary Concept)

Alignment:
- Lawful Evil (Traditional)
- White/Red (Colour Wheel)

Symbol (Marks): Three drops of blood in a triangular pattern.

Race: Quetzals, cousins of the noble Krakari in the East, are an avian race with sharper more aggressive features and deep hungers born of their creator god.

Long, lean and lithe, the Quetzals have rainbow feathers varying in coloration as much as human's hair and eye colours. Their faces carry large eyes for spotting prey from afar and jagged, serrated beaks. Their creator designed them in the image of birds of prey so much of their body resembles those creatures, though with humanoid concessions made. Also, they have highly honed hearing; better than that of humans by comparison.

Quetzals' necks turn from side to side like those of a human but they have a natural hunch in their back whenever their attention isn't piqued. When they are detecting noise, searching, listening intently or trying to intimidate something they raise their necks and reveal their true height. When they spread their wings, their wingspan are almost double their height. An average male Quetzal is usually between five and six feet tall with the females between four and five feet tall.

Their arms are deceptively long but are usually tucked at their sides with their small hands in the middle. Their arms are proportional to their bodies and they use the muscles in their hands to hold on to their wings to making it seem like they have their hands in the middle of their wings, when at full length. Their hands have long, wiry digits with three fingers and a thumb with a perpetual cold feel to them despite the Quetzals being warm-blooded. They fold their arms and keep them at their sides making their wings tuck neatly next to their body. It acts as a natural cloak if need be and water usually slides right off their feathers.

The Quetzals have very strong legs that bend slightly backwards with talons at their feet. Their talons are razor sharp and deadly in addition to being jagged and serrated to help grip the earth as well as to help them hang off of things. They have a very recognizable sound when they walk, especially on flat stone, which leads to a certain noise in their cities. Their talons tear and grab instinctively and of recent the wealthy have taken to dipping their talons in gold to show their wealth.

Quetzals lay eggs like other avians and are fiercely protective of their young. They guard their eggs with their life and when the eggs are hatched, they care for them deeply. Often the parents of a newborn egg will guard their offspring until the baby emerges from the egg. The initial period where the baby emerges from the egg are when the parents see the characteristics of their child. A child may burst out of an egg showing their strength or even crack the egg at certain places to weaken the structure to signify its intelligence. But newborn that do not emerge at all are cast down.

Quetzals are clever and voracious hunters and can often be found in their empire in the midlands. They have a song burning in their blood and minds which drive their thoughts and practices to the will of their absent primordial creator, binding them together as a people and pushing them ever forward.

Land: The Quetzals land occupy the central lands of the continent between the Vahariel in the South and the bands of Deer Men and Luug in the North. Their lands are warm jungles split by a river, developed and cultivated to house and feed the vast appetites of the Quetzals, with cities of Stone (think Mesoamerican, Aztec, architecture) and staple croplands of wheat and corn.

Culture: The Quetzals are an ancient civilization born of the days of the primordials, though the world has forgotten their creator and gods, they have not. They are compelled by a song in their blood urging them to make sacrifice, to engage in cannibalism and the consumption of sentients, and to offer the remains to the sky. Through these practices they gain unearthly powers, long lives, and a deep understanding of reality.

Because of these practices they are considered a theocratic society built around service to the priesthoods and their unearthly abilities. They hunt to fulfill their hungers and bring glory to their nearly forgotten creator. They construct cities of stone and cultivate crops taken from across the lands and, as loathe as they are to admit it, they are particularly fond of the Southerner crops. Beyond their priesthoods they are militaristic with an importance placed on service and discipline, but at the same time particularly prize "rare" metals (like magpies like shiny things) taken from Luug lands being known to dip their talons in the shinier metals as a show of their wealth.

They have a deep tradition of philosophy behind their priests and soldiers, and though their education is lacking in some places they as a society seek a deeper communion with their creator and the natural forces of the world.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
the Coatls
River Serpents

Role: Tribal Bands (Primary Concept)

Alignment:
- True Neutral (Traditional)
- Green/White (Colour Wheel)

Symbol (Marks): A Coiled Snake

Race: Coatls are a relatively humanoid race of amphibious serpent-folk, resembling scaly, snake-like humans. They are capable of breathing air and water, and are known to spend time beneath the waves.

Land: The homeland of the Coatls is an archipelago in the Southwest, off the coast of Quetzal territory, known as the Fang. The Fang is a tropical archipelago that is mostly agricultural with a few mines. The inhabitants living for the most part in wooden structures. The Coatls are spread across the continent, however, and have integrated into the lands and nations outside of the Fang.

Culture: The Coatl are an ancient and relatively servile people living in the Southwest made up of merchants and mercenaries. The Coatl have an age-old agreement to serve the Quetzals. They move goods and work (mine, work the fields, etc.) in Quetzal territory and in exchange they are exempted from the flesh tithes and receive military protections.

Beyond the Fang their mercenaries and traders are known across the lands as they travel the world seeking profit and collecting various coins and trade goods, all to return to and benefit the Fang.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
the Shrage
the Lost Children

Alignment:
- Chaotic Neutral (Traditional)
- Red/Green (Colour Wheel)

Symbol (Totem): Their totems usually involve antlered deer skulls.

Race: Odd "people," Shrage are a generally misunderstood creatures that most agree appeared almost 2000 years ago. It is not generally known what their origin is or what they really are outside of Shrage society. They are generally described as predatory "Deer Men" for lack of a better term. Most Shrage are tall figures covered in a thick hide and dark fur, with large bone claws, and covering their heads with the skull of a deer. It is unknown if these are helmets or their actual heads, and if any know then they have not talked about it. The Shrage are strong, agile, and unnaturally quick and are terrifing to most aside from the Luug.

The reality of the Shrage is that they are undead shapeshifters, born from other races and called to the North by an ancient power. Taken by the call as children, they are driven to forget their former identities as they take in the souls of the dead and finally join the Shrage as new predatory creatures. Their forms vary but they are most commonly seen as in the image above of the god that calls them to their new "lives".

Land: The Shrage live in the Northlands, a wide and freezing forest. There is a general lack of industry or settlement, Shrage are generally hunters and live off of foraging otherwise. Small villages are not unknown and are generally marked with totems of the dead, though such settlements tend to be temporary. The Shrage are generally Nomadic.

Culture: The Shrage are generally considered predatory creatures and pack hunters that wander the North seeking prey. They are a tribal and shamanistic society, with a liquid hierarchy, and an odd echoing language that most cannot understand. It is, in reality, one of the primordial languages of the ancient past. They commonly create totems from corpses, and have a deep understanding of the underpinnings of the world: the realms of the Dead and the Aetherial Sea.

Their magic is not limited to shapeshifting, but other uses are uncommon. They seek to improve themselves and to forge themselves into more effective predators through practice and experience, wandering the world for vast amounts of time outside of their "society."

As a group they commonly come into conflict with the Quetzals, but are mostly at peace with the Luug with whom they have no reason to compete. Though it is rare, they will attempt to speak with curious beings, assuming they aren't hungry, though few understand them. They have been known to hunt and wander south of their lands, but this is also rare.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
the Luug
Ancient and Abandoned

Alignment:
- Lawful Neutral (Traditional)
- White/Blue (Colour Wheel)

Symbol (Marks): A Diamond

Race: A hulking, grey, stone skinned, and hard-headed breed of beast, the Luug are literally of the earth. The Luug are spawned from large pools of a primordial substance and are beings of living stone. Apparently immune to the ravages of time, the Luug's rocky scabs grow over their body and eventually come to form a boulder upon the Luug's back. When the Luug has become this old, they start to catalog their personal history on their own back; their life story engraved for all to see. Then, finally, when a Luug desires death, or has fallen in battle, they give themselves back to the pool that spawned them. In giving themselves to the pool, they feed it, keeping it "alive" and able to spawn more Luug. New pools can be made when several Luug die with each other in a place where their liquid remains can pool.

Individual Luugs' appearance is dependent on their surroundings during their first years of development, along with the location of the spawning pool. Once the Luug reach adolescence, their skin is like that of the minerals around them.

Born warriors, the Luug value strength, but they also see strength in places that others might not. In the runes the elders carve on their back, the Luug see wisdom, which hones strength and directs their fury. In the crawling of newborn Luug from the spawning pools, the Luug see perseverance, which keeps one strong in the darkest times. In honor, the Luug see the practical restrictions of strength, for the raging beast destroys its own home, as the Luug have seen firsthand.

Land: The Luug mostly live in the mountainous North, living underground in caverns they dig for themselves. Though, they have been known to travel in their "youth."

Culture: The Luug are a tribal society led by their patriarchs in service to the Granite tribe in the North. Each tribe has a corresponding material, which they work with and live around, working into their spawning pools. To them "might makes right", and they are a very strong people when angered.

Most of their time is spent mining through their mountains, with few settlements above ground. The collection of wealth by their tribe is considered somewhat paramount, all with the intent to bring greatness to their people. They aren't very advanced technologically, but have traded in the past for knowledge from lesser creatures. Though they are rare, their kind has its scholars and those few tend to become great amongst their kin.

Their laws are literally written in stone, handed down to them by their creator Therax in ancient times. They believe they are destined to rule the world and are generally xenophobic as a society, though not as individuals.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
the Vahariel
Children of the East

Role: Tribal Bands (Ascendant Concept)

Alignment:
- Neutral Good (Traditional)
- Green/Blue (Colour Wheel)

Symbol (Flag): a Red Nautilus on a Cream Background.

Land: The Vahariel live in the Southlands, a terraformed landscape of black leaved trees and red moss and plants surrounding the fallen city of Gokvahar. The land is relatively unworked and undeveloped, the Vahariel live a tribal existence, in the shattered lands surrounding their ancient capital.

The plants and animals in the southlands were altered by spores released after Gokvahar fell from the sky and shattered the southern landscape, leaves turned black and all else that was green turned red. Fruit slowly gained luminscent veins, as did berries and all other crops that the Vahariel tended. Medicinal qualities developed in herbs across the South, and new purposes for plants were discovered as the years went on.

Animals changed in the night, developing little mutations year by year. Eyes turned blue like the Vahariel, fur into red and black patterns like the landscape, muscles becoming larger and more efficient, bones altering into new shapes armouring the body under the skin. The land changed and slowly the peoples further North lost familiarity with the South.

Culture: The Vahariel beyond it use as a description as a race, is the generic nationalized name for the tribes of Vahariel across the south. The Vahariel is made up of a number of tribes, the most prominent being the People of the Nautilus, spread out across the Southern lands of the continent of Nova Agerra surrounding the fallen city of Gokvahar. They are a mix of cultures and even races all owing some level of loyalty to the elders of Gokvahar, with a strong drive to protect one another and a fondness for artistic endeavour amongst the tribes.

The people of the Vahariel have an inordinate fondness for the painting of their bodies and the art of tattooing, and when they die their painted flesh is collected and bound into books to remember the dead. The rest of their body is consumed by the Coral and worked into the tribe's "Jotun Tree," a tree-like structure of Vahariel Coral that contains the souls of their dead. The Jotun Trees are awoken in times of great need, to give guidance in communion or protect the tribe as giant 'humanoid monsters' of great strength.

History: The Vahariel came to these lands over 1600 years ago with the crash of their city of Gokvahar from the sky into the Far South, shattering the lands around the crash with magical energy as the city fell apart. Their elders, desperate, turned to their highly advanced sciences and magics releasing clouds of spores into the Southlands to alter and repurpose the plant life and drive off the local Quetzals who viewed them as an offering from the heavens to hunt.

After the spores had done their work, an army of Wraiths and legionaries in Zalya and Huma armour secured the lands and established their territory. Centuries were spent after this point planting new crops designed by their occultic elites across the south, taming the wildlife, and securing the border with their weapons. Their gradually fading magic was spent in developing as many solutions as they could to any number of problems they came across, attempting communion with their gods and having each go quiet one by one until only Gokvahar spoke in its shattered state.

Their most notable developments during this time were creation of the Nautilan Coral from the Silver of Ashlif and the Shattered body of Gokvahar, the modification and repurposing of the Ajivhan people into the Vahariel, and the binding of the Coral to the bodies of the survivors and their descendants.

Slowly, all but the immortal elders of Gokvahar abandoned the city and its magics and its sciences. Their descendants seeking to live simple lives in peace in the lands of their new home and leave their past behind, as was intended by their elders. Freedom from the past.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Race: The Vahariel are a race of tall humanish creatures descended from the survivors of the crash of sacred Gokvahar. The chosen sons and daughters of their goddess Ashlif and in turn her daughter the city of Gokvahar, Vahariel roughly resemble humans typically with tanned skin, white partially-crystalline hair, and pure blue eyes. Beyond these comparisons their body plays host to a symbiotic organism known as the Nautilus Coral, bonded to the flesh of their backs, lower arms and hands, and their lower legs and feet. The coral forms an armour-like surface and is shaped by the desires of the Vahariel, forming into weapons, tools, armour, and ultimately a vessel for their souls.

They are a naturally curious and experimental lot with quick wits, fast reactions, and a powerful natural affinity for the spiritual arts. Most Vahariel are found in the South settled as tribal groups making up "the Vahariel" nation surrounding the fallen city of Gokvahar. They are a proud but simple lot seeking a peaceful life away from their past.

Under Examination Internally the Vahariel are far more complex than the humans they are descended from, clear evidence of high engineering of their bodies by their ancestors is apparent under examination.

Noticeable changes would be: secondary eyelids and eyes capable of perceiving aetheric currents; blue blood containing liquid crystalline structures that work in concert with other similar structures throughout the body to channel spiritual energy; an adaptive triple helix DNA structure which alters itself to adapt genomes to their environments faster than typical mutational processes; altered nervous, endocrine, and musculatory systems designed to better channel spiritual energy and function under extreme trauma. This includes an advanced synesthestic component of the brain tying their senses together to perceive the world beyond the sum of the whole working in concert with the previously mentioned crystals, low quantities of entheogens and stimulants produced by the body to grant the Vahariel the ability to see aetheric currents; a magnet in the brain for navigation; a complicated combined circulatory and respiratory system with the ability to recycle carbon dioxide; a longer digestive and excretory sytem, a high efficiency urinary and renal system, a secondary: liver, set of kidneys, and pancreas; coral bones, nails, and teeth; and a powerful immune system that uses spiritual force to hijack foreign cells, infestations, and cancers to integrate and force them into the service of the body. All tightly packed into a roughly human frame.

Last edited:

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
the Ancients of Gokvahar
the Nautilan Council

Role: Ancient Council (Ascendant Concept)

Alignment:
- Lawful Neutral (Traditional)
- Blue/White (Colour Wheel)

Symbols (Markings): a Honeycomb.

City: Gokvahar is the core of the Vahariel people, born of the ancient sciences and magics of the Aetherial Collective and the gods. It was a flying city built of the living metals of Ashlif, and stone quarried from the deserts of Ajivha. It crashed over 1600 years in the South, shattering the lands around it, drawing in the waters of the sea, and releasing the spores that remade the Southlands into a more bountiful if alien landscape.

The remains of the city have rooted into the land, as the council fused their bodies and minds with the city, the city fused to the landscape. Veins of living metal and Nautilan coral surround the ruins of the city and have spread across the South, machinery remaking itself in the wilds amongst the altered nature and the Vahariel. Wandering the ruins and the lands around them an army of statuesque automatons attempt to repair the city, and prepare it for the nearly forgotten threats of the East.

The city as ruined as it may be is considered beautiful by its people, made in memory of Ajivha as it had once been was intended as a reminder of their home and what they were preparing for. A city wrought from the stones of the desert, of the mountain of Ekaki, and the metals of Ashlif it was the capital of the Aetherial Collective and home to their best and brightest. A jewel in the sky. Its temples and libraries astound and inspire those few Vahariel who seek it out their wisdom, and the whole of the city a monument to the triumphs of the past.

History: The Nautilan Council are the Ancient and Immortal inhabitants of the fallen city of Gokvahar, and in most ways the city themselves. The Nautilan council represent the ingenuity and sciences of the Aetherial Collective and the peoples of the East, worked and reworked into creatures of a design only they could manage, merging with what remains of the machinery of the city, and expanding their consciousnesses as they wait.

They made the decision to flee East when the Ascendant ruined the lands and began killing gods, they chose where to crash when the city began to fail, they released the spores across the South, remade the races of the city into Vahariel, and created the Nautilan Coral. Their acts are many, most unrecorded in modern Vahariel history though remembered by their elders, the council appears ancient and unknowable to their descendants though they have their best in mind.

Their magics and sciences are unmatched and approaching the divine, their power over the forces of the world legend, and their influence felt across the South and beyond striking fear in the empire of the Quetzls and all who threaten the Vahariel.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Danko
the Painted Man

Role: Ascendant Demigod (Primary Concept)

Alignment:
- Chaotic Good (Traditional)
- Red/Blue (Colour Wheel)

Holy Symbol: A stylized heart being consumed by flames.

Current Appearance: Danko takes the form of a vahariel man in the prime of his life, dressed in fine silks, and appears... painted? Wherever he appears he appears as if he has been painted onto the very air as if he was the subject of an impressionist painting, colours always shifting a little.

Origin: Danko is the grandson of the Vahariel goddess Ashlif, born of her daughter the city of Gokvahar. He is a brother of the Nautilan Coral, and considers himself a Vahariel having been raised amongst them. Danko has for the most of his life lived amongst the Vahariel, having gained his powers through his blood, something much celebrated by his people.

He has never truly been a leader amongst the tribes as much as others have tried to hoist such a mantle upon him, and he desires to leave and see the world one day. Perhaps soon.

Beliefs: Danko's interests lie in the creation of art and most of all painting. He's a creative mind who seeks to use his abilities for what he considers the greater good, a more colourful world. He knows little of the outside world or divinities but he seeks to better things for himself and his people, seeing them as largely stagnant in their desired peace and ignorance of the rest of the world. He knows why from his meetings with the elders of Gokvahar but he doesn't consider it right, maybe the outside world could help? Or they could help them.

He spends most of his time wandering, painting the lands either literally or on a canvas, or dealing with people and learning their ways.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
This is an update for anyone interested, I'm posting interest/recruitment threads over the next week. Right now I'm revising the intros but some will be up soon.

If you have any opinion on the setting info or rules I've shared feel free to share them either here or in the Discord. I'm going to be expanding this into a recruitment thread and have revised the intro, for the moment I'm just posting new information and reposting the thread index.

Main Links
Mythweavers Forum: https://www.myth-weavers.com/game.php?g=32204
Grand Index: https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=478805
Tumblr: https://luminenwalker.tumblr.com/
Discord: https://discord.gg/EeHvCUk

Rules
Rules (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=483207
Rules (Giant in the Playground): http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?603859

Recruitments
Introduction (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14821721
Lore Recruitment (Giant in the Playground): https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?609224
Lore Recruitment (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14821716
Interest Check (Escapist): https://forums.escapistmagazine.com/threads/ascendancy-the-far-west-interest-check.72/
Recruitment (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14956119
Recruitment (Giant in the Playground): https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?613148

Setting / Sheets
Overview (Giant in the Playground): http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?605921
Core Races (Mythweavers): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=478802
Dreams of the East (Anti-American Eagle): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=485587
Daydream's Earth Lizards (Avaday Daydream): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=485849
The Agmutan (Puppetress): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=499212
The Silthic (Gunhaven): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=499565
The Beyond (AlexanderML): https://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=14975730

Hmm. I've never played this sort of game before, but I like the concept of it. Life is keeping me busy, however, so I don't know if I will be available for it when the time comes.

So for now, you could say I'm interested but unsure about being able to participate.
Good to know. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask them. If you're worried about timing, don't.
I'm opening this for recruitment soon but we won't be starting for atleast a bit.
You don't need to be around all the time, and if you can't get the time together you can take part passively poking your head in once and awhile to write something and catch up.

Last edited: