Asda Selling Call Of Duty Black Ops for £4.97

De-Moti

Oct 31, 2010
Wut Da Phuck Is Dis Sheet? [http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/11/07/call-of-duty-black-ops-only-4-97-at-asda/]
Looks like I'll be selling my copy of New Vegas...
Problem, Americans?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I'd rather have Fallout than Black Ops. Far more gameplay for your buck. I remember that when MW2 came out supermarkets had a price war and you could pick up a copy for about £20 or such I think without all this trade in junk. Then again no PC version so not interested.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
It's only if you trade-in a certain few games. All of which are virtually brand new. Like Fallout Vegas or Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, etc.

Basically, a game you just paid full price for.. then trading it in to pay -more- money for a different game. I guess if you were really sick of your current game and really wanted Black Ops..

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
It's great, if you bought the force unleashed (as an example) as something to tide you over till black ops.

If you really like those 3 games and don't want to trade them, in your boned.

Toycat

Nov 9, 2009
its not really £4.99 though, its £4.99 + a brilliant game you haven't finished yet (i hope)

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
SyphonX said:
It's only if you trade-in a certain few games. All of which are virtually brand new. Like Fallout Vegas or Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, etc.

Basically, a game you just paid full price for.. then trading it in to pay -more- money for a different game. I guess if you were really sick of your current game and really wanted Black Ops..
Although if TFU 2 is as bad as I hear it is, that's not such a bad trade-off.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
lol, I got angry at myself for a second for buying the game full price!

But then I read on and found out I would have had to trade it Fallout: New Vegas to get it at that price, so no way Asda!

Good for some people though.

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
They should pay me to trade either Fable III or Fallout New Vegas in for that...

I suppose it's a good deal for those people who've already completed the said games and are looking for something else to pass time.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
SomeBoredGuy said:
SyphonX said:

But you still spent the money on Force Unleashed 2 on top of the 4.97 for Black Ops. So in all likelihood it would still essentially be paying more for the game then someone who just buys it. I'm not sure though, not certain of the price for either game over in the UK.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
theSovietConnection said:
SomeBoredGuy said:
SyphonX said:

But you still spent the money on Force Unleashed 2 on top of the 4.97 for Black Ops. So in all likelihood it would still essentially be paying more for the game then someone who just buys it. I'm not sure though, not certain of the price for either game over in the UK.
Although, if you had already bought one of the games and for some reason you develop a burning hatred for it, it's a lot better an idea to trade it in for BlOps than outright destroy it.

Hang on a minute, I just realised something. I'm pretty sure that most of those games cost £40. However, BlOps' recommended retail price is £50. That means that you actually save five quid buy doing this, if I'm correct in this.

Jasper Jeffs

Nov 22, 2009
Damn, I was hoping Reach would be on that list. I'm trading it in anyway though. I think a few supermarkets will set it for £30 like they did with MW2.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Fish & Chips Cost More Than THAT!!

Okay ill admit when i read the title i was like "OMG SRSLY???!"

Well sainburys did sell modern warfare 2 for half of its price, and as soon as i went to get a copy the day after it was released, and surprise the shelves were empty.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
SomeBoredGuy said:
theSovietConnection said:
SomeBoredGuy said:
SyphonX said:

Although, if you had already bought one of the games and for some reason you develop a burning hatred for it, it's a lot better an idea to trade it in for BlOps than outright destroy it.

Hang on a minute, I just realised something. I'm pretty sure that most of those games cost £40. However, BlOps' recommended retail price is £50. That means that you actually save five quid buy doing this, if I'm correct in this.
Maybe, like I said, not entirely sure on the price. Though I imagine there are many other games that would make for a better deal to trade in for then getting Black Ops, but I'll reserve outright judgement until I've played it.

Sep 14, 2009
well im perfectly happy with fable 3, fallout new vegas, and the countless other games i have gotten for steam sales and whatnot lately...

so black ops. thanks , but no thanks, the same people are going to play black ops who played mw2, and im tired of having people talk shit and spam message me about "hardscoping" and how bad i am since i didn't use shotguns and since i was using cold blooded