Assassin's Creed 2 to be held back to build anticipation

Sep 8, 2008
idea: pirate.

seriously though, this is the third shittiest thing they could do as a company that isnt very VERY messy. (you wouldnt beleive how much mess puppies and sledgehammers make, there was a guy in the 80s who did watermelons-not even close)

if theyre going to do it... give it to the game testers for every single second of that time. every one. and if theyre really going to do this, the last thing they should do is SAY theyre doing this. if they really wanna delay it to release anticipation, pull a blizzard.(as in starcraft, not weather channel)

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
News flash: Game executives are pants-on-head retarded. Details at 8.
Eight o'clock news calls game executives pants-on-head-retarded, film at eleven.
Film of eight O'clock news calling game executives pants-on-head-retarded released. Game executives refuse to respond on the grounds that it will build the anticipation for when they do respond.
Games executives confirm that they are retarded, film at eleven.
As you can see from this footage, these are the executives here, and they clearly have pairs of pants stuck on their heads as they discuss their most recent decision. Now experts tell me that this behavior is characteristic of sufferers of the stupid virus.

Cymraeg Phill

Dec 15, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Hey I got a better idea, how about holding back games to actually make them better quality? then the sequel of that would sell like hotcakes rather than hot shit in a paper bag.
Much better idea, imo!

Indeed, I agree with a majority of you that AC:2 doesn't need this "anticipation building" device. Looking back, one could easily cite this move tends to backfire more than it does make the product sell more upon release...

Woundingisfun

Sep 2, 2008
RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!! FEEL MY WRATH, UBISOFT!!
I thought assasins creed was awesome and delaying it on purpose is just a big pile of crap.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
harhol said:
Who in their right mind is 'anticipating' Assassin's Creed 2?

Hmmm my urge to collect flags is growing stronger...
I liked it...

Mungini

Dec 10, 2008
Just as long as it goes back and rewrites the wrongs of the last game instead of building on the crappy features than its alright by me

hamster mk 4

Apr 29, 2008
They probably need more time for their hype machine to generate more interest in the game. Probably because the actual game isn't good enough to generate more interest in the game.

nightmarejoe

Dec 13, 2008
The only game I am anticipating is Ghostbusters. I cannot wait for that game. It was also delayed, but for other reasons like changing publishers and whatnot. Went from Oct 08 release to a now confirmed June 09... Anyway, if the game is ready just get it out already. For as many people you get to buy it for the "anticipation" you lose just as many that are pissed off..

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
well at least this gives the devlopers more time to make the game better than the first, no more f***ing b******t guards and crap.

bazookabob

Nov 17, 2008
Anyone else here remember when the video game companies were actually gamers themselves? That just really pisses me off. And if they think that this will really increase demand then, well I personally hope that they're in for a surprise. I can guarantee you I will not buy this game now.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
Eight o'clock news calls game executives pants-on-head-retarded, film at eleven.
Film of eight O'clock news calling game executives pants-on-head-retarded released. Game executives refuse to respond on the grounds that it will build the anticipation for when they do respond.
As you can see from this footage, these are the executives here, and they clearly have pairs of pants stuck on their heads as they discuss their most recent decision. Now experts tell me that this behavior is characteristic of sufferers of the stupid virus.
In this piece of footage, you can see them chasing down the street after an ice cream, before getting distracted by butterflys.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
bazookabob said:
Anyone else here remember when the video game companies were actually gamers themselves? That just really pisses me off. And if they think that this will really increase demand then, well I personally hope that they're in for a surprise. I can guarantee you I will not buy this game now.
Shareholders are more important that gaming, gamers, quality, and originality. I still say a gaming collapse will allow smaller developers to make games good again. Not grey/brown bloomed piles of crap that make you buy a new card every year.

WaffleGod

Oct 22, 2008
Mmmmm. So, Ubisoft pronounced their "Assassin's Creed" franchise like what? 2 years before it was actually released? And now they're going to tell us about the sequel a month or 2 before release? Jeez Ubisoft... What happened to you? You used to be cool :-/.

Mar 26, 2008
Them delaying Splinter Cell: Conviction has only raised my ire, rather than build anticipation for that title so I don't think it is going to work with Assassin's Creed 2.

ZeroFusion

Dec 8, 2008
heres a better idea instead of siting around doing nothing why not use that time to say...make a good game

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
DirkGently said:
Twilight_guy said:
In this piece of footage, you can see them chasing down the street after an ice cream, before getting distracted by butterflys.
Unfortunately, it's not a good idea to run out into the road. Sadly the pants blinded executives were brutally run over shortly after. Strangely, the driver then backed up, running them over again, before he veered off, running them over a third time. Police have not made any efforts to pursue the suspect. Official reports say that they "are waiting for the suspense to build".