Assassin's Creed 3 Sells 3.5 Million in First Week

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Assassin's Creed 3 Sells 3.5 Million in First Week

Ubisoft isn't worried about the loss it just posted, as Assassin's Creed 3 sales will make up the difference.

Ubisoft just announced a $41.5 million loss in the last six-month financial period, but isn't concerned at all; in fact, it's revised its projected sales guidance upwards, to somewhere between $1.54 billion and $1.62 billion, thanks largely to gangbuster sales for colonial kill-fest Assassin's Creed 3. The latest in the Assassin's Creed franchise moved 3.5 million units in the first week of launch, comfortably outdistancing any previous entrant in the franchise.

According to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, the loss for the period was due largely to marketing payouts designed to pump up sales for Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3, both of which Ubisoft is depending on to push its profits through the roof in the second half of the financial year. Though Ubisoft did post a loss, revenue was up, thanks in part to back catalog sales and a huge - over 50% - jump in online sales.

Moreover these are just the console sales for Assassin's Creed 3, as the PC release was delayed until November 2012; [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119001-Ubisoft-Delays-Assassins-Creed-3-on-PC] plus, of course, there's the Christmas season as yet unaccounted for. All of which suggests that Ubisoft will get the sales uptick it's projecting.

Source: Gamespot [http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iii-sells-35m-watch-dogs-in-2013-6399571]

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
Yeah,but it's mediocre like the first one,but for different reasons,how have we come full circle.Well,at least I can always count on the multiplayer to stay true to its original concept.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Online sales are up by 50% after Ubisoft removes its DRM scheme on the PC? Oh my, never saw that coming...

Kielgasten

Oct 12, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Online sales are up by 50% after Ubisoft removes its DRM scheme on the PC? Oh my, never saw that coming...
Grasping for straws there. When the game actually releases for pc, maybe we can talk about this having an effect. As it stands, I just don´t see console gamers caring for the pc crowd´ woes at all.
Isn´t it just much more likely, that it is a popular franchise that has gained a steady following for each released iteration? :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
Just a shame I found it to be so bloody disappointing.
Same. It had none of the environmental or character charm of 2 for me, and the missions were mostly so rigid that there was no fun to be had.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Gizmo1990 said:
Just a shame I found it to be so bloody disappointing.
Same. It had none of the environmental or character charm of 2 for me, and the missions were mostly so rigid that there was no fun to be had.
While that was all an issue for me the thing that bugged me the most was just how stupid Connor seemed to be. I can understand him being naive at the begining but he never stopped and it quickly turned into stupidity.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Kielgasten said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Grasping for straws there. When the game actually releases for pc, maybe we can talk about this having an effect. As it stands, I just don´t see console gamers caring for the pc crowd´ woes at all.
Isn´t it just much more likely, that it is a popular franchise that has gained a steady following for each released iteration? :)
... what? What are you on about? I was implying that digital sales (of which the vast majority will be PC) has gone up with the removal of UbiDRM. Ubisoft makes other games than AssCreeds, y'know.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I don't think I'll be adding to that figure, at least not anytime soon. Assassins Creed can be fun but it's not all that engaging anymore.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
I think your all nutz because i found it to be the the best single player experience since any of the gta games. Im only 25% into the story but im addicted. The weather, the story, the hunting and all of the kill styles/combos are amazingly violent.

I mean come on, he kicks him in the nuts, headbutts him, stabs him then cuts his throat haha then some other redcoat blurts out "hes no fighter". ok lets go!

Dire Sloth

Filthy Casual
Jun 23, 2012
Congrats to Ubisoft.

Sadly, I don't care much for Connor either, since that seems to be being thrown out quite a bit - not just this thread, I've read some others. Before the game released, I imagined him to be quite the bamf. I'm barely into the game and already find myself disappointed with him as a character. He's just... so bland. Thus far, I don't look forward to spending the next several hours with him. Guess I shouldn't hyped myself up so much. He better start cracking some jokes or at least smiling every once in a while. I'm really starting to miss Ezio.

Also! Is anyone else seeing the floating rifles!? Or the horses standing at a crazy angle on their troughs?