Assassin's Creed Dev Diary Teases Protagonist Crossover

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Assassin's Creed Dev Diary Teases Protagonist Crossover

Vita's Assassin's Creed protagonist will meet Assassin's Creed 3's Connor.

There's a new developer diary out for Vita's Assassin's Creed: Liberation, and it fills in a few more intriguing details on what we can expect from main character Aveline's series debut. Lead scriptwriter Cory May claims that the goal is to "replicate the console experience on a hand-held," and, judging by some of the fantastic gameplay shots shown in the diary, they're pretty close to that goal.

"You will find it's as large and deep as any of the entries in the console series," May promises. In addition to the gameplay footage, a meeting between Aveline and Assassin's Creed 3 protagonist Connor is teased. "Over the course of the adventure Aveline will meet up with and interact with Connor," May said, "I don't really want to say much more ... yeah, you'll see."

He said that just as a still with Aveline and Connor fighting back-to-back against several foes floated across the screen. Team-up, maybe? Here's hoping!

Assassin's Creed: Liberation features Aveline de Grandpré as the first playable female character in the series, and is set in New Orleans during the late 1700s. The title's due out October 30th for PlayStation Vita.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/08/in-assassins-creed-3-liberation-aveline-will-run-into-connor/]

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
I would love to play this. But their is no way in hell that I am buying a Vita for one game and none of the others seem all that appealing. I hope this is not referenced too much in AC 3.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Lead scriptwriter Cory May claims that the goal is to "replicate the console experience on a hand-held"
And why the hell not a PC experience, hmm? HMM? They could at least acknowledge that it exists. This way it makes it sound like a console-only game.

CONSPIRACY, I SAY!

Wait...

[small]Cons: Piracy[/small]

I think I get it now.

OT: And well, yeah, this sounds pretty cool, I guess. I don't have Vita, so yeah.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I really need to get a Vita now.

From what I've seen of the game it looks pretty damn awesome.
Blunderboy said:
I'm calling it.

They have sex.

Spoilers.
I was thinking the same thing, so they might be assassinating each other, if you know what I mean. :D

Dondonalien44

Dec 10, 2009
This might be more appealing of a tie-in if it came out before AC3. I don't understand the reasoning behind launching both games simultaneously. You will only lose potential sales to thos who will prioritize the console sequel over the portable spinoff.
Shame, because this actually looks like it's going to be worth playing. Still doesn't completely justify buying a Vita to me, though.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I know that Connor's supposed to be the big cool protagonist bloke but this pirate lady seems a hell of a lot more interesting.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Okay, so those of us buying the console Assassin's Creed III, will we get to meet her? Because I would like to meet a female assassin who acts like the main characters from the other games. Rebecca and Lucy don't count.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Blunderboy said:
I'm calling it.

They have sex.

Spoilers.
I was thinking the same thing, so they might be assassinating each other, if you know what I mean. :D
Connor has a hidden blade that won't retract. Aveline knows exactly how to help.

OT: Cool I guess. Although being in the same time period it seems like a logical thing to do in order to link the two games.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
And this is news because...? (Not attacking you, Escapist. Just the news)

It sounded like that was gonna happen from the beginning. Both are happening around the same time period, both are being released at the same time and...yeah. It's not the same as when AC1 and 2 got a portable game too. In that instance, it was the same protagonist anyway so it was clear it would be linked. But if that wasn't a good enough clue...well...
You know what? Call me bitter; this just wasn't surprising for me.