Assassin's Creed Franchise Has Sold 100 Million Copies

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Assassin's Creed Franchise Has Sold 100 Million Copies

More than 100 million copies of Assassin's Creed games have been sold and a new collection is on the way.

In a blog post today [http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-ezio-collection-announced-ps4-xbox-one/], Ubisoft announced that gamers have purchased more than 100 million copies of Assassin's Creed games since the franchise's debut.

"Creating an Assassin's Creed game is no easy task. It takes the creativity and hard work of many people in many different Ubisoft studios all over the world," says Martin Schelling, senior producer. "To have this franchise join the ranks of those that have reached more than 100m sold is a testament to the teams that have taken on that challenge over the years."

"This is a huge milestone for the Assassin's Creed franchise, but we believe the best is yet to come," Etienne Allonier, brand director for Assassin's Creed adds. "Having seen what's gone into this year's movie and into future Assassin's Creed games, we think fans and newcomers alike will be excited by everything Assassin's Creed has to offer."

In addition to this news, Ubisoft also announced the Ezio collection, which includes Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations, is coming out this November for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
Let me be the first to point out the obvious:

It may have sold a lot, but that doesn't make the series any good.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
So the new collectors edition is leaving out the only good one, BlackFlag? Really? We have a game about rum drinking pirates and swashbuckling action on the high seas, and we're leaving it on the curb so we can play Revelations again?!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
So that's an average of 5 million units sold per release.

Yes, Ubisoft has released 20 Assassin's Creed games in under a decade, Activision eat your heart out. Impressive to sell so many so consistently though.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Silentpony said:
So the new collectors edition is leaving out the only good one, BlackFlag? Really? We have a game about rum drinking pirates and swashbuckling action on the high seas, and we're leaving it on the curb so we can play Revelations again?!
It's the Ezio trilogy. They'll probably release the Kenway saga next (AC3, ACIV and possibly Rogue).

It looks like they just ported PC versions to the consoles.
EDIT: Nope, actually it looks a bit better. They've actually done some work on it. Not a lot but it's noticeable when you watch AC2 segment in the trailer.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Silentpony said:
Actually as a former Assassin's Creed fan, Id say the collection is only the good ones. People go on about Black Flag, but its not a good AC game, so who cares? "But its a great pirate game" you might say...and...yeah, thats my point. I didnt get into the series to be a pirate.

Either way, Ive been done with AC for awhile now sadly.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That looks a lot better than what I expected. I guess looking at remasters and whatnot in the past few months kinda put me off of remasters and collections.

Not really a fan of Revelations, if I'm honest, but the others I loved to bits.

I'm down.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i have tried to play part 2 again since it is a damn good game, but for some odd reason the game has mostly no sound like dialog and sound effects and i could not find a fix for it either.
its like its not good anymore for modern system or for headphones (logitech g930 in case your wondering what im using).

for the most part, AC had a good run. part 4 was really amazing but kept my fingers of unity after hearing how bad the port is. syndicate i havent even finished since its rather mundane and forgettable. rogue i havent touched either.

SirAxel

Aug 21, 2009
"To have this franchise join the ranks of those that have reached more than 100m sold is..."
join the ranks of those that have reached more than 100m sold...
It all makes sense now.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
DaCosta said:
Let me be the first to point out the obvious:

It may have sold a lot, but that doesn't make the series any good.
To make such claim you first need to define what makes a good series.