Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities Launches Thursday

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
uh, i hope we get to use some of his war machines, really looking forward to it, but im not a fan of the way they included the DLC, by this point we are already trained assassins and have played ezios story to an end (an rather weird end) and these chunks of the story comes in so late and in the middle of it all that its hard to remember what happened before (the year skipping in the story doesn't help either), but asscreed 2 is fun and maybe this will introduce some new gadgets so it all works out.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
FactualSquirrel said:
Heh, everything in that game is solved by stabbing people in the face.

Everything
Curse you! I must now find something that can't be cured by face stabs.

I....um....hmmm....Global warming?
Stab the people causing it or stab the people saying it's a problem.

Anyways yeah ill be getting this and battle for forli on thursday.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
I just realised that I completely forgot about the first AC2 DLC - and I love DLCs... and I love AC2, as well. Well, I certaintly know two things I'll be buying this thursday.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"As for PC users, you'll get Bonfire of the Vanities plus Battle of Forli included when the PC version of Assassin's Creed II ships on March 16th."

I was about to ask that. I've got the game already but I'm selling the Xbox, and it'll be good to play through the entire thing.

EDIT: A few people on here don't seem to realise that the first DLC is about £2.50 for 40 minutes of gameplay.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Oh my God, I am so excited. I usually don't support DLC that should have been in the game, but I am a huge Assassin's Creed fan. They're fun, witty, and do something seemingly impossible- make good open-world stealth games. I'm glad that it'll be coming out on Thursday, too, as I'll be home from College and will be able to play it =3.

Cap said:
<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bonfire_of_the_Vanities>The Bonfire of the Vanities was a great book.
Ahh, but this is not that Bonfire of the Vanities. They even make a joke about that in-game, with Rebecca saying she loved the movie version of the book when the historical event is mentioned.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
I have sort of avoided the AC series thus far. But I can tell you, this may be a deal breaker. If I hear you get to stab Savonarola, aka the jerk who tried to kill the Renaissance/Medici era, square up the zealotry... yeah, this history geek may be forced to shell out the dimes.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Excellent! Pay day today, buy them both tomorrow, complete Mass Effect 2 (again) whilst I'm waiting for the download to complete and then it's time for a return to Assassin's Creed 2. Looking forward to it!

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
FactualSquirrel said:

Everything
Curse you! I must now find something that can't be cured by face stabs.

I....um....hmmm....Global warming?
Well, if you stabbed all the big business conglomerates, then the fear of burning fuels would be so great that people would start using alternative energy.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Wooo. Freebies. Is the DLC free on PSN and Live? My friend has it on PS3. I shall be getting the game and DLC on PC. When they finally release it.
FactualSquirrel said:

Everything
Yeah. Trouble with the law? Go stab this guy in the face.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
brunothepig said:
Wooo. Freebies. Is the DLC free on PSN and Live? My friend has it on PS3. I shall be getting the game and DLC on PC. When they finally release it.
FactualSquirrel said:

Everything
Yeah, it kinda defeats the point when you think about it.

And no, it is not free on psn and XBL.

*sadface*

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
FactualSquirrel said:
brunothepig said:
FactualSquirrel said:

Everything

*sadface*
Damn. My friend is gonna be piiissed. lol. I shall be getting it anyway. On PC. I really wish developers would start releasing expansion packs again. I miss them. I bought Morrowind again cause it was only $20 ($10 more than I payed for the game alone) and it came with Bloodmoon and Tribunal. :D

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
brunothepig said:
FactualSquirrel said:
brunothepig said:
FactualSquirrel said:

Everything

*sadface*
Damn. My friend is gonna be piiissed. lol. I shall be getting it anyway. On PC. I really wish developers would start releasing expansion packs again. I miss them. I bought Morrowind again cause it was only $20 ($10 more than I payed for the game alone) and it came with Bloodmoon and Tribunal. :D
Ahhh well, just tell him that you had to wait about 4 months for it.

And I don't mind really, as long as the price is right and they didn't hold it back from the original game for the sake of money.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
The first DLC wasnt even that good it was just more stabbing people, I did enough in the main game.

Also flying on the flying machine had no purpose except to get that 5g achievment.