Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities Launches Thursday

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities Launches Thursday

The second Assassin's Creed II [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-II-Playstation-3/dp/B00269DX5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279052535&sr=1-1] DLC, Bonfire of the Vanities, will continue Ezio Auditore di Firenze's adventures this Thursday, February 18th.

Last year's Assassin's Creed II was good - really, really good - but that hasn't stopped Ubisoft from trying to make it better by releasing content that didn't make it into the final game (for whatever reason) as DLC. Last month, Ezio's adventures continued with The Battle of Forli [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97833-Assassins-Creed-II-Soars-Into-Battle-of-Forli-DLC-Today], and now, Ubisoft has announced that DLC #2 - Bonfire of the Vanities - will be out this week.

Bonfire of the Vanities (which is new screenshots [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonfire_of_the_Vanities] from the upcoming update.

In Bonfire of the Vanities, Ezio returns to Florence to aid Machiavelli (yes, that Machiavelli) in freeing the city from the influence of a crazy, corrupt monk named Savonarola. Call me crazy, but I can't help but feel that freeing the city from Savonarola's grasp will be largely accomplished by stabbing fools in the face. That's just going out there on a limb, though.

This is the second of the two DLC packs initially announced by Ubisoft. Whether they'll leave AC2 at this and move on to developing the next game in the series [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98181-Ubisoft-Announces-New-Assassins-Creed-With-Multiplayer], or just come up with more DLC is anyone's guess.

As for PC users, you'll get Bonfire of the Vanities plus Battle of Forli included when the PC version of Assassin's Creed II ships on March 16th [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/97741-Assassins-Creed-II-Leaps-to-PC-March-16].

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I still haven't gotten the first one, as I missed it completely. These DLCs aren't being hyped enough. I'll get them both Thursday.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"by releasing content that didn't make it into the final game (for whatever reason) as DLC"
For whatever reason? The only reason is to milk the DLC sales!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kenjitsuka said:
"by releasing content that didn't make it into the final game (for whatever reason) as DLC"
Or, y'know, because it wasn't going to be finished on a level that was up to par in time for the deadline for release or anything. Gotta be the conspiracy theories.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Julianking93 said:
Damn my shit internet not allowing me to connect my PS3.

I need this DLC!!!
Hey! My shit internet is randomly deciding when my 360 can connect.

I feel your pain.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
FactualSquirrel said:
Heh, everything in that game is solved by stabbing people in the face.

Everything
Curse you! I must now find something that can't be cured by face stabs.

I....um....hmmm....Global warming?

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
John Funk said:
Kenjitsuka said:
Or, y'know, because it wasn't going to be finished on a level that was up to par in time for the deadline for release or anything. Gotta be the conspiracy theories.
*adjusts aluminium hat*
There's no way this content wouldn't be in the original game if paid DLC didn't exist.
99% of developers don't care for the fans enough to offer free DLC, and the remainder generally does give something away because they spread the promise of free DLC as part of their marketing blurb ahead of time, and are thus obliged. Just imho ;)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Heh...Well, nice to seei ts getting support! Makes me kinda wish I had bought it now lol

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Julianking93 said:

I need this DLC!!!

I feel your pain.
Join the club. We've got cookies for comforting.

Not planning on buying the DLC, because frankly I'm a bit tired of AC2. I completed it 100% with all the achievements, so it's going to be a while before I'll pop it into my 360 again.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Chapper said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Julianking93 said:

I need this DLC!!!

I feel your pain.
Join the club. We've got cookies for comforting.

Not planning on buying the DLC, because frankly I'm a bit tired of AC2. I completed it 100% with all the achievements, so it's going to be a while before I'll pop it into my 360 again.
Hmm...This is getting me back into it. I never got around to getting all the feathers, and this will give me something to do while I continue my hunt. NO I AM NOT USING THE INTERNET TO FIND THEM

Cap'n Haddock

Jul 28, 2009
<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bonfire_of_the_Vanities>The Bonfire of the Vanities was a great book.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hmm...This is getting me back into it. I never got around to getting all the feathers, and this will give me something to do while I continue my hunt. NO I AM NOT USING THE INTERNET TO FIND THEM
Feather hunting was a pain, they were hard to spot and, although well reasoned (within sentimental parameters), I found them to be too much hassle. Why keep developers implement arbitrary collecting achievements? Argh! And still I did it!

[sub]I loathe myself...[/sub]

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
*Waits for March 16th*. Why is the PC version delayed anyway? I mean not the shit excuse, the real one. Was it the fact that Ubisoft don't want PC piracy to interrupt console sales?

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
pfff DLC as i always say, is gameplay/storyline removed from the main game... so that you have to pay because you were hooked on the main story.