Assassin's Creed II Soars Into Battle of Forli DLC Today

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
Assassin's Creed II Soars Into Battle of Forli DLC Today

Strap on Leonardo da Vinci's flying machine to take on the first Assassin's Creed II DLC: Battle of Forli.


What's better than being one of the best games of the year? Being one of the best games of the year and having some really cool-looking DLC, that's what. The first downloadable content update for Assassin's Creed II [http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-II-Playstation-3/dp/B00269DX5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279052535&sr=1-1], Battle of Forli, is out on Xbox Live and PSN today. In it - judging by this trailer - we see our hero, hot-blooded Ezio Auditore di Firenze, formally inducted into the ranks of the Assassins. Since, y'know, he doesn't already count as an Assassin despite having been stabbing fools in the face for an entire game or anything.

Battle of Forli continues the story of Caterina Sforza, one of the game's minor characters. According to the trailer, Ezio needs to go rescue her children from Templars (or Templar-affiliated assholes) who have taken them hostage, and who are in dire need of a hidden blade to the back of the head. Forli will also feature the return of Leonardo da Vinci's flying machine, which means that everybody who loved it in that one mission can rejoice, and everyone who hated it can slam their heads on their desks in advance of the impending frustration.

DLC #2, Bonfire of the Vanities (based on historical events! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonfire_of_the_Vanities]) is scheduled to be out in late February, and both packs will come included in the PC version when it hits in March.

Permalink
 

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
2,306
0
0
Oh son of a *****! I'm lending this game to a friend, so I won't get it back for another month or two.
Damn it... Why didn't someone tell me about this?!
 

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
1,976
0
0
Oh good, I was starting to think that this had dropped off the radar. I think I'll wait until the 2nd one comes out though, apparently this one is only an hour and I'd like to get a bit more stuck into AC2 when I go back to it.
 

duchaked

New member
Dec 25, 2008
4,451
0
0
lol nooo not the flying machine again...I'm so bad at flying it

but yeah..."Templars (or Templar-affiliated assholes)...who are in dire need of a hidden blade to the back of the head" mhmm it will be my...pleasure haha

I'll probably wait until the second DLC is released, gonna cut back on spending this month
 

GonzoGamer

New member
Apr 9, 2008
7,063
0
0
As long as it's still $4 I'll buy it.
When a game is that good, I would buy horse armor for $4.

I'll buy little episodes for that price a hell of a lot quicker than I would buy larger episodes for $20.
 

Bagaloo

New member
Sep 17, 2008
788
0
0
That flying mission was horrendous.

It controlled horribly, and it was completely mental. Theres a perfectly good really high tower right fucking next to the building you needed to get into, but no, instead we are going to try and fly from the other end of the city, setting half the city on fire in the process just to make it work. Leonardo is indeed a fucking genius.
 

Swaki

New member
Apr 15, 2009
2,015
0
0
got it on the ps3 but kudos on them putting it in the pc version for free, well I'll better get true the awful flying to get to the wonderful stabbyness.
 

dmase

New member
Mar 12, 2009
2,117
0
0
I hated the damn flying machine I could have walked in the front door just countering a few times.

Anywho this definitely is annoying I have yet to get back to playing Devil May cry 4, I have the god of war collection that is still in its packaging, DLC for Fallout 3 that i have only done 2 of the how every many I bought. Now this!!! Screw this I'm just skipping school I got videogames to play.
 

userwhoquitthesite

New member
Jul 23, 2009
2,177
0
0
Fragamoo said:
That flying mission was horrendous.

It controlled horribly, and it was completely mental. Theres a perfectly good really high tower right fucking next to the building you needed to get into, but no, instead we are going to try and fly from the other end of the city, setting half the city on fire in the process just to make it work. Leonardo is indeed a fucking genius.
Nevermind that the physics themselves are completely fucked when it comes to that. "Oh, flying over fire will make you fly higher. Totally."

Yeah. Pretty sure that's not how that works, Leo.

Then again, most of the physics of Screed make no sense. *rages*
 

Orcus The Ultimate

New member
Nov 22, 2009
3,216
0
0
I HATE DLC, for me it's like giving parts of the planed full game, in puzzle pieces...
fack that! and on pc it's the same price as on PS3 or Xbox360 but with the 2 DLC's

WTF'D?
 

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
8-Bit_Jack said:
Fragamoo said:
That flying mission was horrendous.

It controlled horribly, and it was completely mental. Theres a perfectly good really high tower right fucking next to the building you needed to get into, but no, instead we are going to try and fly from the other end of the city, setting half the city on fire in the process just to make it work. Leonardo is indeed a fucking genius.
Nevermind that the physics themselves are completely fucked when it comes to that. "Oh, flying over fire will make you fly higher. Totally."

Yeah. Pretty sure that's not how that works, Leo.

Then again, most of the physics of Screed make no sense. *rages*
Well, thermal updrafts [http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/experiments/experiments_thermal_updrafts.htm] do exist...
 

userwhoquitthesite

New member
Jul 23, 2009
2,177
0
0
John Funk said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
Fragamoo said:
That flying mission was horrendous.

It controlled horribly, and it was completely mental. Theres a perfectly good really high tower right fucking next to the building you needed to get into, but no, instead we are going to try and fly from the other end of the city, setting half the city on fire in the process just to make it work. Leonardo is indeed a fucking genius.
Nevermind that the physics themselves are completely fucked when it comes to that. "Oh, flying over fire will make you fly higher. Totally."

Yeah. Pretty sure that's not how that works, Leo.

Then again, most of the physics of Screed make no sense. *rages*
Well, thermal updrafts [http://www.rmcybernetics.com/projects/experiments/experiments_thermal_updrafts.htm] do exist...
Yes, but flying THAT high over fires THAT small will NOT propel what has to be between four and five hundred pounds of man, weapons, armor, and wood skyward.
 

hudsonzero

what I thought I'd do was,
Aug 4, 2009
319
0
0
just finished the dlc still i wounder if i was the only one who though altir when the monk appeared
 

ZeoAssassin

New member
Sep 16, 2009
388
0
0
hudsonzero said:
just finished the dlc still i wounder if i was the only one who though Altair when the monk appeared
finished as well, and yeah i thought it looked a lot like the master(forgot name) from AC1. the flying machine "mission" seems to have no real purpose thou unless im missing something