Assassin's Creed III Could be set in World War II

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
Haven't a game like this already been tried? I'm thinking Velvet Assasin. That game was. . .so-so at best. I'm sure Ubisoft would be much better, but the concept has been done though.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Tom01111 said:
Johnn Johnston said:
Why not the English Civil War? That could honestly rock quite hard.
Because there "Was" no English Revoloution?
I can't tell if you're a troll or thick, so I'll just assume you're thick because it makes you look marginally better all round. Not that you can understand what I'm typing, thicko.

OT - I'm wary of this, mainly because melee combat is such a huge part of the game so far and guns in large numbers would ruin the feel.

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
I honestly would not have much problem with a WWII Assassin's Creed, though I would if they just go on a Nazi-stomping spree. What if they did it the other way around, and had you playing as an assassin for the Axis side? o_O Might create controversy, but I also believe in telling the story from all aspects.

However, I do agree that there are plenty of other areas to work from, as war and strife pretty much is the essential human history. Though I know it's been beaten to death, Ron Perlman's narration for a certain game series will forever ring true: "War. War never changes."

Bigeyez

Apr 26, 2009
I think people are missing this quote

So maybe in this context you were a woman in England during WWII. Why not? Nothing prevents us from doing it."
Well seeing as how I can't recall a single WWII game that has taken place only in England I don't think it would be a standard "kill all nazis in sight" affair. If anything it's a pretty cool chance to see how the English were faring back on the their mainland during the war and it could prove pretty interesting if say your assassination targets end up being corrupt English leaders or something like that.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Male assassin in WW2 = Saboteur

Female Assassin in WW2 = Velvet Assassin

Please don't do WW2!

fanrock51

Feb 27, 2008
Female Assassin = Yeah!!!
WWII = May be if I can run around Berlin, Paris jump from 1 building to another building and kill soldiers in a cool way.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
35 Assassins Creeds? Thats not pushing it at all. But you know what would be interesting, assassinating for the Nazi's.

Gariom

Mar 20, 2009
Sounds interesting, although the topic of World War II has beaten into a gory pile of dust.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
I'm hating the Idea of a WWII setting it's too far on and it'll take alot of the charm away. The French Revolution is a better better setting. As for the Female Assasin thing, I'm a little on the fence. combine it with WWII and you get uncomftable echoes of Velvet Assassin . Also I'm kinda of tired of Action Girls, we all love Ripley (who I always thought more of as an everyman [or woman] kind of character anyway) and Alyx Vance. but it's somthing rarely done right. Hell, most Action Guys suck, and they're suppose to the more agressive sex.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Why not place it in WW1, you could explore the trenches and back on the home front in England, you also wouldn't have to ruin the gameplay with guns considering how crap most of there equipment was back then.

Juzari

Jan 1, 2008
Could be fun to work with Guy Fawkes, or hunting him down

Edit: oh, and everybody saying no to WWII because of Velvet Assassin, I don't remember any free-running, open world or carefully planning assassination of a heavilly guarded VIP in that game...

naab

Jun 4, 2009
The Dynasty Wars of Adventure / Assassin / Stealth games have arrived.

As his name is... Assassin's Creed.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Littaly said:
Female Assassin: Yes
World War II: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That would take away half the charm of Assassin's Creed. There are millions of settings to explore all over the world all over the time. It doesn't matter from which angle you do WWII, it's still done to death.

The French revolution would be awesome if you ask me ^^
We could watch the french both win and lose at the same time lol.

chiggerwood

Lurker Extrordinaire
May 10, 2009
What about some time during the 1800's. A steam punk version of Assassins Creed would be awesome. It's not like they concern themselves with historical accuracy too horribly much anyway. "Davinci did not make the bazooka" pretty much sums it up.
Steamboy+Assassins Creed= endless possibilities. Do the math, with a steam powered calculator.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
No. No. No. I am getting tired of all these WWII games. Playing as a female sounds good but not with a WWII setting.

The next game should be something where they can mix in their "Da Vinci Code" plot. I am wondering how they could do that with the French Revolution.

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
I suppose it could be good. Your character would be a Jew who's family was killed by the naughty Nazis, then you are taken in by an assassin group who train you as you grow up to become an assassin. That sounds alot like Assassins Creed 2 but what else is there?

Just keep the feel and climbing of Assassins Creed, keep the hidden blade, let us run around Berlin and use stealth to kill guards on rooftops and avoid spotlights, and let us blend in with the crowds to avoid patrols and such. Let us take disguises of German soldiers and maybe give us the option to seduce the guards or assassination targets. Chase sequences and the consequences for being caught would be much more intense when you're being sniped and shot at.

I just hope we wouldn't get to use guns, there'd have to be a good reason for not using them too, or just give us a silenced pistol with a small amount of bullets in each mission, that is used like the throwing knifes in Assassins Creed 1.

Sounds pretty good huh?

Snowalker

Nov 8, 2008
Johnn Johnston said:
Why not the English Civil War? That could honestly rock quite hard.
You sir, should send them an e-mail. No a death threat if they don't. Thats the best idea I've ever heard.