Assassin's Creed III Rap Gives the British a Beat (Down)

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Assassin's Creed III Rap Gives the British a Beat (Down)

Watch Connor Kenway light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle.

With Assassin's Creed III finally creeping our way October 30, Smosh Games has released an original music video following new series protagonist Connor Kenway as he battles the Brits not with his hatchet, but with his razor-sharp lyrics (okay, so there's some hatchet in there, too). It must be pretty tough to blend in while busting dope rhymes all over 18th century America, but hey, wearing garish white robes on a park bench in plain sight never seemed to alert the templars, so who are we to judge the guy's strategy?

Like any rap worth its salt, Connor's song about surreptitiously knifing his foes wouldn't be complete without some worthy backup. First President of the United States and certified badass George Washington makes a cameo in a way we can only hope makes it into the actual game.

You can find more videos like this one on Smosh's YouTube channel [http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoshGames].

Dec 14, 2009
I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more!

Ho there! America, fetch your fighting trousers at once!

[sub]It wasn't catchy, shut up, I hated it >_>[/sub]

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Thought you played as a Native American in Assassins Creed III... funny that he sides with the group that nearly wipe them from the face of the planet. Realism is realistic in how real it is.

But seriously guys, yeah... we get it. You like to fixate on being considered less important than beating France(Yes, that is why America beat the British Empire.), personally I would focus my efforts on my own achievements but whatever.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Kinguendo said:
Thought you played as a Native American in Assassins Creed III... funny that he sides with the group that nearly wipe them from the face of the planet. Realism is realistic in how real it is.

But seriously guys, yeah... we get it. You like to fixate on being considered less important than beating France(Yes, that is why America beat the British Empire.), personally I would focus my efforts on my own achievements but whatever.
Actually, the developers are based in Montreal, Quebec. Which is in Canada, not the United States. And the official language is French. Just something to think about.

PS: Also, as a product of the American education system, I can say that what they teach us (after the "believing in Santa Claus" years, anyway) is that we would've been totally boned without the French. Just something else to think about.

PPS: Aaand you can't really claim that Connor is supposed to represent American(That is, colonial American) achievement, as he's half British and half Native American. AND the developers claim that he has enemies and allies on both sides of the war. (Meaning American Templars and British Assassins) So it's not "America Good, British Bad". But even if it was, it wouldn't matter, because the developers aren't actually American. So we can't be blamed for whatever the Canadians come up with.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

This wins rap of the year, all years.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
The rap itself was mediocre but the video was hilarious. Something about the 'mad serial killer' face while chopping up carrots.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
haha..this was actually pretty good
Falterfire said:
The rap itself was mediocre but the video was hilarious. Something about the 'mad serial killer' face while chopping up carrots.
It easnt too bad..a little auto tuned but very listenable

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

i completely agree it was pretty bad.

on a side note i love that song by professor elemental.
if you like that song you should look up Mr.B's song just like a chap

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Nice too see you Yanks trying your hand at this thing we call culture...

But as you can see the brits have beat you too it.

Tally Ho! I'm off for a scone and a cuppa

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Watching this video made me realize something. There's absolutely nothing about Connor's character that doesn't bring this picture to mind:

I really don't know if I can bring myself to play the game now.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Yeah, that rap was pretty poor I thought. Auto-tuning is never pleasant and the actual flow of the rap was broken and awkward. The George Washington verse was actually done well, though, I thought. I did find it kind of funny though, particularly the carrot-chopping, and Washington's spin kick in the final sequence :D

Ultimately, not really all that good. Better gaming rappers exist - Dan Bull's already been posted in this thread, and even Miracle of Sound rapped better in his Blood of the Creed song, and with more clever lyrics and more impressive music. Do try again, Smosh, the other side of the pond is beating you.

Mr Mystery Guest

Aug 1, 2012
These games are getting even more stupid if that's at all possible. Watch out for aliens, Nazis and zombies in the next installment.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Well that was unentertaining! I know I'm all giddy for the next AC so am prone to watch anything that may have something to do with it, but that was just... pants!
(Trying not to swear whilst babysitting nephew, normal service will resume soon!)

Mr Mystery Guest said:
These games are getting even more stupid if that's at all possible. Watch out for aliens, Nazis and zombies in the next installment.
Explain yourself!

You can't say that something is becoming more stupid on a thread discussing a 3rd party mock rap without a reason!

As such, this applies!

Itchi_da_killa

Jun 5, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:

Wow, thanks for posting this or I may have never found it.