Assassin's Creed III Rap Gives the British a Beat (Down)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
800,000 views in one day? I... just... yeah. I'm gonna go sulk in the corner and feel jealous now, lol.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more!

Ho there! America, fetch your fighting trousers at once!

[sub]It wasn't catchy, shut up, I hated it >_>[/sub]
This wins rap of the year, all years.
I don't know, I preferred the tea song.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Mr Mystery Guest said:
These games are getting even more stupid if that's at all possible. Watch out for aliens, Nazis and zombies in the next installment.
Oh, I find the conspiracy/sci-fi elements kind of endearing. Reminds me of Deus Ex's insistence that every conspiracy is true. Especially the ones about...lemon-lime drinks.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
6th And Silver said:
Kinguendo said:
Thought you played as a Native American in Assassins Creed III... funny that he sides with the group that nearly wipe them from the face of the planet. Realism is realistic in how real it is.

But seriously guys, yeah... we get it. You like to fixate on being considered less important than beating France(Yes, that is why America beat the British Empire.), personally I would focus my efforts on my own achievements but whatever.
Actually, the developers are based in Montreal, Quebec. Which is in Canada, not the United States. And the official language is French. Just something to think about.

PS: Also, as a product of the American education system, I can say that what they teach us (after the "believing in Santa Claus" years, anyway) is that we would've been totally boned without the French. Just something else to think about.

PPS: Aaand you can't really claim that Connor is supposed to represent American(That is, colonial American) achievement, as he's half British and half Native American. AND the developers claim that he has enemies and allies on both sides of the war. (Meaning American Templars and British Assassins) So it's not "America Good, British Bad". But even if it was, it wouldn't matter, because the developers aren't actually American. So we can't be blamed for whatever the Canadians come up with.
Luckily for me I clearly wasnt talking to Ubisoft as I posted my comment here on a thread about a YouTube video by NOT Ubisoft or I might have to write more than this.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Kinguendo said:
Luckily for me I clearly wasnt talking to Ubisoft as I posted my comment here on a thread about a YouTube video by NOT Ubisoft or I might have to write more than this.
Well THAT makes even less sense then your first post. You were clearly complaining about the game's plot, which was written by Ubisoft, not the guys who made this video. I guess the American criticism is SORT of valid, as the guys in the video are American, but they're obviously not being serious, so the complaint still seems pretty misplaced to me.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Video was quite funny. The rap was pretty poor, IMO.
maninahat said:
I don't know, I preferred the tea song.
Don't mention tea, the septics'll be on about Boston next(!!!)

Pip, pip, toodle-oo me old chum etc etc...

So long as the series stays historically accurate, I don't give a toss which side the Assassins/Templars are on. So long as we get a Caterina Sforza-type character (awesome lady, and that rant is one of my favourite moments in the series!)

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
6th And Silver said:
Kinguendo said:
Well THAT makes even less sense then your first post. You were clearly complaining about the game's plot, which was written by Ubisoft, not the guys who made this video. I guess the American criticism is SORT of valid, as the guys in the video are American, but they're obviously not being serious, so the complaint still seems pretty misplaced to me.
Was I talking about the plot? As I have not played the game... and you have not played the game... how did you come to that conclusion? My basis is off of the pieces I have seen, all of it fairly one-sided regarding the protagonists allegiances. And given these are supposed to be the games selling points...

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Kinguendo said:
6th And Silver said:
Kinguendo said:
Was I talking about the plot? As I have not played the game... and you have not played the game... how did you come to that conclusion? My basis is off of the pieces I have seen, all of it fairly one-sided regarding the protagonists allegiances. And given these are supposed to be the games selling points...

Yes. The protagonist and his alliances. Both of which are elements of the plot. Which is exactly what you were talking about.

Are we done here?

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Kinguendo said:
6th And Silver said:
Yes. The protagonist and his alliances. Both of which are elements of the plot. Which is exactly what you were talking about.

Are we done here?
How old are you?!

Is English your first language?

I need to know you are old enough and understand the things you are saying before you subject yourself to the barrage below.

Hardly. What kind of half-arsed debate technique is this selective bullshit? "Oh protagonists and alliances are somewhere in the plot... therefore I win."?! Hows about no, your comment is entirely pointless and my point still stands.
Ah, I see we've reached the "Random Name-Calling" stage of the disagreement. Good to know. Nonetheless, I will go against my better judgement and continue in this spirited debate of wills.

I'm going to summarize our little disagreement in the form of a script. Tell me where I'm getting it wrong.

YOU: This game is historically inaccurate, probably because Americans like to give themselves too much credit for winning the Revolutionary War.

ME: It's made my Canadians, not Americans.

YOU: I wasn't talking about the developers, I was talking about the video.

ME: You obviously were talking about the game's plot and it's developers.(See your first post for reference)

YOU: No I wasn't. We haven't played it, so how could be talking about the game's plot? I was just talking about the protagonist's allies in the game.

ME: Right. Those are elements of the plot. So you WERE complaining about the game's plot.

YOU: You must be an illiterate child! You are stupid! Your comment is pointless, because you are wrong! And I am right! Because of reasons!

And here we are. If you feel I've misunderstood any of your arguments, please feel free to correct me.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
Mr Mystery Guest said:
These games are getting even more stupid if that's at all possible. Watch out for aliens, Nazis and zombies in the next installment.
I can easily see Nazi's being in one of the games.

maxmanrules

Mar 30, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
800,000 views in one day? I... just... yeah. I'm gonna go sulk in the corner and feel jealous now, lol.
Don't worry bro, your one is tons better.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
Kinguendo said:
Thought you played as a Native American in Assassins Creed III... funny that he sides with the group that nearly wipe them from the face of the planet. Realism is realistic in how real it is.

But seriously guys, yeah... we get it. You like to fixate on being considered less important than beating France(Yes, that is why America beat the British Empire.), personally I would focus my efforts on my own achievements but whatever.
To be fair many of the Mohawk did actually side with the Americans in the revolution. Though more either stayed neurtal or sided British which didn't go well for most of the tribe later. Basically there choice was group of white people who are somtimes our allies and sometimes our enemies, or the other group of white people who were the same until they decided to wear a diffrent color. Most either decided it wasn't worth intervening in a conflict they had no stake in or chose the side they had treaties with over the newer side.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
6th And Silver said:
So it's not "America Good, British Bad". But even if it was, it wouldn't matter, because the developers aren't actually American. So we can't be blamed for whatever the Canadians come up with.
Wouldn't matter? I'd say it would! Missing out on the chance to have a decent, more complex story in favour of "FUCK YEAH 'MURRICA" to increase U.S. sales? I'd consider myself robbed of an interesting story, like AC 1 where there was good and evil on both sides, and the game would be robbed of it's potential.

Trust me, I have no issue with killing virtual Brits, after all it's only a game, I just want a more interesting story. And hopefully an informative one. Over in Blighty we don't learn about the revolutionary war, at least not below GCSE level, so this game interests me greatly. I liked history in school but preferred other things so didn't take it further. If memory serves the French fought on the side of the revolutionaries so hopefully I get to dish out some punishment to those cheese eating surrender monkeys!

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Techno Squidgy said:
6th And Silver said:
So it's not "America Good, British Bad". But even if it was, it wouldn't matter, because the developers aren't actually American. So we can't be blamed for whatever the Canadians come up with.
Wouldn't matter? I'd say it would! Missing out on the chance to have a decent, more complex story in favour of "FUCK YEAH 'MURRICA" to increase U.S. sales? I'd consider myself robbed of an interesting story, like AC 1 where there was good and evil on both sides, and the game would be robbed of it's potential.

Trust me, I have no issue with killing virtual Brits, after all it's only a game, I just want a more interesting story. And hopefully an informative one. Over in Blighty we don't learn about the revolutionary war, at least not below GCSE level, so this game interests me greatly. I liked history in school but preferred other things so didn't take it further. If memory serves the French fought on the side of the revolutionaries so hopefully I get to dish out some punishment to those cheese eating surrender monkeys!
Oh don't get me wrong. I'd like a more complex, less "MURRICA"-oriented story as well. When I said it wouldn't matter, I meant that even if the story DOES turn out to pander to Americans, it won't actually be the fault of Americans, since we didn't write it. It'll be Canada's fault.

If that makes sense.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
6th And Silver said:
Techno Squidgy said:
6th And Silver said:
-snip-
Oh don't get me wrong. I'd like a more complex, less "MURRICA"-oriented story as well. When I said it wouldn't matter, I meant that even if the story DOES turn out to pander to Americans, it won't actually be the fault of Americans, since we didn't write it. It'll be Canada's fault.

If that makes sense.
One could argue that it is the Americans fault in that they're the people it's being aimed at but I can see your point.
As part of my Games Tech course at Uni we get access to the Game Developer's Conference online vault. There was an american guy who has worked in the industry for a veery long time and he didn't come across as holding a high opinion of American gamer's or indeed American culture. He did an hour talk on how European's should be making games for americans or rather making games Americans will want. To boil it down to it's bare essentials, he basically said that the American audience is mostly self-involved, suffers from short-attention spans and are historically ignorant/uninterested if it doesn't regard America.
My worry is that Ubisoft, being a French company, may have taken this on board and passed this down to Ubisoft Montreal and crippled the game in favour of the American audience.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
All the previews, marketing and in this case parodies are going to look very foolish when we actually get to play the game and kill plenty of Patriots along with all others. Don't believe me? Watch some non-American, particularly European trailers/previews on this game. Funny thing is you can actually compared trailers and see the points where Patriot deaths are cut in the US versions haha.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
When I clicked the link to this story, I was actually expecting Miracle of Sound's Blood of the Creed, which I think counts as rap.
I was wrong, it was something far worse.
And this video gets millions of views every day.
I'm just going to go and mope in a corner.