Assassin's Creed IV Wii U Version Won't Get Any DLC

Caiphus

Social Office Corridor
Mar 31, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
AC2 was pretty definite, though. I mean, the two cut chapters counted towards 100% completion and such up until people threw a fit and they patched them out. I mean, we can accuse a lot of games, but this was an unusually strong case.
Fair enough. My mind drifted back to Dragon Age Origins with the DLC salesman at your camp. Fun stuff.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
So the 'full experience' IS all the DLC tacked on. I had almost forgotten why I hated most DLC.

Tbh, Wii U-sers get no sympathy from me, because I think they're better off without it. It's like telling someone they're not allowed to cut off their own fingers. Hooray for no DLC.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Caiphus said:
Fair enough. My mind drifted back to Dragon Age Origins with the DLC salesman at your camp. Fun stuff.
Ahh, yes. That was a pretty dubious case, too. And part of why I'm skeptical of DLC, period.

Stillgard

P.O.D.
Jun 6, 2011
First off, I highly doubt the Wii U is a viable platform still especially for next gen games like AC4. Second off there's only one demographic for people to own a Wii U (That I am aware of). Kids. No Adult that I've seen have said. "Let's go buy one!" Nintendo has gone down hill quite a bit since It's release. So when you see it on a next gen console don't knock it. AC4 is still going to be a fun game. DLC's aside.

Speaking of, What's all this hatred towards Downloadable content recently? We all knew what they we're going into it. And sometimes they're actually quite good. (If a tad cliche) And I don't mind shelling out a few extra $ to pay for "Quality" software.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Ponyholder said:
Terramax said:
Ponyholder said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Steven Bogos said:
Will this affect which platform (if any) you will buy Assassin's Creed IV for?
Nope, considering I wasn't going to buy it anyways. All this does if confirm by belief that Ubisoft are a bunch of assholes.
Yea, pretty much. I mean they already developed the game for the Wii U, why would they not release the DLC? It makes no sense to me.
Er, because they don't find it commercially viable? Just a thought.

EDIT: To clarify, not many people own a Wii U. Is it viable to program the extra DLC is hardly anyone will likely download it?
The coding isn't that different and would hardly take that much time as they already know how to code on the Wii U as evidence that they are releasing the full game on it. I have a lot of CompSci buddies that work alongside Game Design majors here and they all say that there really isn't any reason why they can't add the DLC to the Wii U, even if it is at a later date.

This is coming from them, as I am a terrible coder I can't tell if this is bullshit or not, and I quote, "The Wii U doesn't really have that much difference in its coding structure than any other current gen system out right now. Even if they used the majority of the architecture and base structure of the code used on the new systems, this still shouldn't be a problem as they have had years and years of experience. Quite frankly this is just lazy excuse to not program. If a second year code monkey can do it, they have zero excuse to not do it."
That's all well and good, but it still doesn't prove if it's commercially viable or not.

Stillgard

P.O.D.
Jun 6, 2011
Kwil said:
Stillgard said:
First off, I highly doubt the Wii U is a viable platform still especially for next gen games like AC4. Second off there's only one demographic for people to own a Wii U (That I am aware of). Kids. No Adult that I've seen have said. "Let's go buy one!" Nintendo has gone down hill quite a bit since It's release. So when you see it on a next gen console don't knock it. AC4 is still going to be a fun game. DLC's aside.

Speaking of, What's all this hatred towards Downloadable content recently? We all knew what they we're going into it. And sometimes they're actually quite good. (If a tad cliche) And I don't mind shelling out a few extra $ to pay for "Quality" software.
First off, they're putting the game on the Wii U already. Obviously it's viable enough for the game, so there's no reason it's not viable for the DLC.
Second off, your ignorance is irrelevant to the matter at hand (or the facts).
Kwii, Please get off your moral high horse. I was not stating fact it just seemed like a bad idea for ubisoft to put it on a system as bad as the Wii U. But hey if Ubisoft want's to spread out to that crowd as well more power too em. (Wish Rockstar would do that) *cough*