Assassin's Creed: Lineage Part 1

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
Well the first part of the Assassin's Creed 2 prequel movie has been released. It looks interesting but not great. The acting is a bit stale, I could make a comment about the story but it's just the first part so it'd be unfair of me to say anything.

Have a look for yourself, did you like it? Why or why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2kbLBuSOg

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
That was actually pretty damn good, i enjoyed that. Can't wait for more and thanks for the link, TC.

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
I watched it last night, I thought it was great - but then I'm a big AC fanboy, couldn't get enough of the first game and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel. Great short film. :)

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Epic, I must say. Damn good job.

Now if only Hollywood could make a good Movie-adaptation for a game...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Don't have time for it all now, but I noted that the actor playing Giovanni has all five fingers...and I just checked an art picture of him and he seems to have all five fingers there as well. What happened to the whole "Lop off the fourth finger for hidden blade action!" thing from AC1?

Still, doesn't look bad. I wonder if I could ask for his outfit once they're done filming?

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
That was quite entertaining, to me at least. The visuals are clean and there seems to be a story involved so yeah, will keep my eyes out for more.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
well, its certainly better than a film by Michael Bay lol.

I think its an interesting way to advertise the game... following the steps of Ezio's father eh? Pretty cool stuff! I enjoyed it, hope to see more of this soon :)

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Amnestic said:
Don't have time for it all now, but I noted that the actor playing Giovanni has all five fingers...and I just checked an art picture of him and he seems to have all five fingers there as well. What happened to the whole "Lop off the fourth finger for hidden blade action!" thing from AC1?

Still, doesn't look bad. I wonder if I could ask for his outfit once they're done filming?
He has wrist blades now.

WolfmanNougat

May 14, 2009
Saw it last night, looked pretty neat.
It's certainly nice to see a video game movie (short or feature) that isn't trying to be too dark and gritty for once. Here we can see everything in clear detail and the main character's fancy outfit doesn't stand out too much from the crowd. What's great is that compared to Bungie's Epic Live Action ODST trailer, you can actually take Lineage seriously because it's not lying to you about what the game's all about. And what it is is a guy in a fancy outfit going around killing evil dudes in Italy with ninja-like technique. Good stuff.

So yeah, I enjoyed Lineage 1 and look forward to the following parts. Maybe some of the other episodes will feature Ezio's "special training". :)

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I saw it on the YouTube main site, was going to search for a different thing, I've completely forgotten what it was.
That was quite a cool video, definitely looking out for the next one.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Amnestic said:
Leonardo Da Vinci happened. It's been said he's an ally in AC2 so he probably designed and built them. Further supported by the design artwork in Da Vinci's style.

It was very good I must admit. As its been said, it was taken seriously and done very well with blending CGI with live action. I enjoyed it.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Amnestic said:
Leonardo Da Vinci happened. It's been said he's an ally in AC2 so he probably designed and built them. Further supported by the design artwork in Da Vinci's style.

It was very good I must admit. As its been said, it was taken seriously and done very well with blending CGI with live action. I enjoyed it.
Yeah I've been unsure of that too since in the present day Lucy is missing her ring finger and Desmond recognises it as a sign of being an assassin. Hopefully they'll explain that since alot of fans pointed it out.

GREAT movie though. I would really love to see a full length film based on the Assassin's Creed universe if they can make that just for publicity + background filler. Was some great use of techniques, pretty good acting and it ties into the story of the new game. Couldn't ask for much more

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Kukakkau said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Amnestic said:

Yeah I've been unsure of that too since in the present day Lucy is missing her ring finger and Desmond recognises it as a sign of being an assassin. Hopefully they'll explain that since alot of fans pointed it out.
She's not missing her ring finger - I thought that as well, but there are pictures [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/AssassinsCreed_Desmond_and_Lucy.png] like these [http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lucy-stillman-assassins-creed-2-character.jpg] where you can see she has all five fingers on both hands. She curls her ring finger back when she shows it to Desmond, but it's quite intact.

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Amnestic said:
Kukakkau said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Amnestic said:

She's not missing her ring finger - I thought that as well, but there are pictures [http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/AssassinsCreed_Desmond_and_Lucy.png] like these [http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/lucy-stillman-assassins-creed-2-character.jpg] where you can see she has all five fingers on both hands. She curls her ring finger back when she shows it to Desmond, but it's quite intact.
Well spotted - I never really noticed her hand throughout the game

However it does look kinda like a stump rather than curled back at that moment in the game :http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/AssassinsCreed_Lucy_Stillman.png