Assassin's Creed Revelations not working (Also DoPo giving away tokens apparently)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Okay, my original OP was answered. So, new issue. Whenever I launch Assassin's Creed Revelations it will load up the launcher, and then it just sits there and does nothing. I check ctrl+alt+del and it says it's not responding. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, I've tried deleting and recovering the Ubisoft launcher, I've googled it, I have no idea how to launch it. Any help?

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
Yea, someone made a thread about it earlier. Apparently, it's a move by Ubisoft to promote Assassin's Creed. I got one as well, but I think I'm gonna give it to a friend.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
Sp3ratus said:
Yea, someone made a thread about it earlier. Apparently, it's a move by Ubisoft to promote Assassin's Creed. I got one as well, but I think I'm gonna give it to a friend.
Oh, sweet. Well, considering I got all the other Ubisoft games on my account for like, a tenner, I think this is a good deal.

Sp3ratus

Apr 11, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Sp3ratus said:
Oh, sweet. Well, considering I got all the other Ubisoft games on my account for like, a tenner, I think this is a good deal.
Definitely, 50% is nothing to scoff at. I gave it to my friend who's a pretty big fan of AC, but doesn't have that much time on his hands, so he's a bit behind with the series. Happy coincidence with it being his birthday as well today.

Domehammer

Jun 17, 2011
I got one for 66% OFF Might and Magic Clash of Heroes. Which looking at who published it is also a ubisoft game.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Seriously weird. I got 4 coupons - one for AC:R and three for Heroes 6 (50% off but I already have it). But [weird stuff happened] and I think I got the exact same coupons again. Twice. So I am almost sure that I have three copies of those coupons. I used up one on AC:R, though. The others I am giving free of charge. First come first served. I would, however, trade if anyone has a Clash of Heroes coupon to offer (PoP: Sands of Time also works, I'll like to have it on Steam).

The issue is if I truly have 11 coupons or not. I wouldn't want them to just disappear if I look five minutes from now.

TL;DR
3 x (-50% Might and Magic Heroes 6 coupons) for free. It is possible I actually have 9 of them and 2 x (-50% Assassins Creed Revelations). First come first served. Unless you have a coupon for Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes or Prince of Persia Sands of Time. All are valid until 1st of April.

EDIT:
This is what I have and all can go

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
Changed the OP. Any help?
Also very gracious of you DoPo. Don't need any personally but still nice of you to share!

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Eh no worried. what I'm I going to do with 9 coupons for Heroes 6 when I already have it. I don't know anybody who'd benefit from the coupons so why not give them away.

So, as for your issue have you had problems with the Ubisoft launcher at all? Might be that the servers of Ubi are busy with new AC:R (and other games) players. I'll try AC:B now to see if it works.

EDIT: OK, scratch that theory - AC:2, AC:B and Heroes 6 all work fine with the Ubisoft launcher and all. Still, any firewall/antovirus/something that might block the ubi launcher's access to the internet? My firewall has done similar things before - but it pops up with a message "Do you want me to keep blocking this?"...just if the game is fullscreen you wouldn't see the message unless you Alt+Tab. If you have anything that might block the launcher, check its logs - it's bound to have an activity/detection log or something.

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
DoPo said:
Eh no worried. what I'm I going to do with 9 coupons for Heroes 6 when I already have it. I don't know anybody who'd benefit from the coupons so why not give them away.

So, as for your issue have you had problems with the Ubisoft launcher at all? Might be that the servers of Ubi are busy with new AC:R (and other games) players. I'll try AC:B now to see if it works.
The launcher itself seems fine. Though this is my first time using it so I'll never really know if or when it bugs out.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
The launcher itself seems fine. Though this is my first time using it so I'll never really know if or when it bugs out.
Edited my post. See above. In short any firewall that might block the launcher's access to the internet?

hazabaza1

Nov 26, 2008
DoPo said:
hazabaza1 said:
Edited my post. See above. In short any firewall that might block the launcher's access to the internet?
Nope, nothing.
Bleh, I'll just try re-installing it tomorrow. Too late for all this crap. Thanks for the help though.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
DoPo said:
hazabaza1 said:
Nope, nothing.
Bleh, I'll just try re-installing it tomorrow. Too late for all this crap. Thanks for the help though.
Yes, that would have been my next suggestion - just try later. It's weird, though. If the problem persists, try the Ubisoft forums, I've found great help there when Heroes 6 didn't work for me - the problem got solved in a matter of hours and I had tried other forums for about a couple of weeks (because the ubi forums were down at the time).