Assassin's Creed Unity - Do You Hear the People Sing? - Update

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
ok, now thats a setting i like. too bad you had to put autoplaying videos with volume here.

Rufus Shinra

Oct 11, 2011
It's Louis XVI, not Louis XIII. Louis XIII was the one with Richelieu, Louis XVI was the one who lost his head.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The reason Fortier-Auclair may not have heard anyone make the Les Mis reference is because people who actually paid any attention to the movie/book/play know that the big finale of Les Mis takes place 40 years after the French Revolution(the new movie even outright spells it out in the opening scene).

That being said, I'm actually really looking forward to this one. Seriously, they don't even have to make much up for this, just go with actual history.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
huh....

mabye I can not bother with blag flag or AC3 at all and go with this one...

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Vault101 said:
huh....

I'd go with Black Flag. Its not just Assassins Creed, its Sid Miers PIRATES! 2.

OT: Hmmm. I never expected the Assassins to support mob justice like they did.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SacremPyrobolum said:

yeeeah I know...this might sound odd but I'd rather eather play an assasins creed game or a pirate game...not one that can't decide which is which....

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Rufus Shinra said:
It's Louis XVI, not Louis XIII. Louis XIII was the one with Richelieu, Louis XVI was the one who lost his head.
Quite right!

Vault101 said:
huh....

Black Flag is tremendous fun!

Strazdas said:
ok, now thats a setting i like. too bad you had to put autoplaying videos with volume here.
Agreed, come on I'm trying to read this at work!

Overall, liking the look of this one, wish they'd had a chance to show some of the side stuff during the press conference, they could have just dropped the embarrassment that was the Let's Dance! presentation and showed more Creed!

CAPTCHA: exercise more, how dare you good sir, I am insulted!

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I had mixed feelings over this one while watching the E3 gameplay. I'm definitely not getting this one since I don't have an XBOX, but then there's the fact that we're supposed to root for a group of people supporting the slaughter of nobles, both wicked and innocent. There's a reason they call the period after the revolution the 'reign of terror'.
Unless at some point the new tyrannical revolutionary government actually turns out to be a Templar job, and the Assassins switch sides against the former revolutionaries.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Vault101 said:
SacremPyrobolum said:

yeeeah I know...this might sound odd but I'd rather eather play an assasins creed game or a pirate game...not one that can't decide which is which....
It's pretty easy to play Black Flag as a pirate game, most of the story had barely anything to do with the Assassins VS Templars, and you're free to bum around on the high seas, pirating and singing sea shanties. You want a hardcore expierence? You can turn off all the UI! I'd almost say Black Flag actually did start life as a pure pirate game, then had AC slapped on it later, it's such a departure from the rest of the games.

Besides, as much as I too would like a pure pirate game, there's not much choice in that department for modern games...er Risen 2? *shudder*

Redflash

Mar 21, 2012
The setting seems like it could be a lot of fun, but was anyone else slightly alarmed by that gameplay video embedded in the article? I don't know how early a stage in development the game is in, but god damn every guard you saw in the video seemed catastrophically unobservant and slow to react...

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Rufus Shinra said:
Thanks! I blame my hastily written notes. I'll fix that!

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Dalisclock said:
The reason Fortier-Auclair may not have heard anyone make the Les Mis reference is because people who actually paid any attention to the movie/book/play know that the big finale of Les Mis takes place 40 years after the French Revolution(the new movie even outright spells it out in the opening scene).

That being said, I'm actually really looking forward to this one. Seriously, they don't even have to make much up for this, just go with actual history.
I KNOW! Trust me, I'm a huge Les Mis fan. But I've also seen lots of people on social media make AC: Les Mis jokes. Maybe it's just my particularly nerdy social circle.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
*cough cough* sausage fest *cough cough*

Really bummed that you can't be a female assassin. When me and my friends had heard the rumor it would be a four-player co-op and in France, we all got excited with the idea of playing four ladies in big fancy dresses with big wigs, walking down the streets of France and quietly shanking people as we pass.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
So when are we going to get info on AC Comet? Far more interested in that one as it has sea battles like AC4.

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
Aww... They're finally adding in features I've wanted the whole time. Like crouching, and more realistic guards. I don't care about co-op, but as long as it's not mandatory, it's a nice feature for those get into that.

Only problem - next-gen only. Still not enough to get me to buy a new console. Maybe I'll consider the PC version...

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
Dalisclock said:

I KNOW! Trust me, I'm a huge Les Mis fan. But I've also seen lots of people on social media make AC: Les Mis jokes. Maybe it's just my particularly nerdy social circle.
Some time often passes during an AssCreed game, though, right? Are we going to see some Napolean in this? Maybe it will get to the July Revolution or whatever. Maybe DLC will cover it.

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Do I hear them sing? Non, non, the only sounds I hear are the wails, and gnashing of teeth!!

I swear, I don't understand Ubisoft. One moment, I love them for 2 versions of AC liberation (Vita, then PS3 port), and Child of light, then they come around pulling the "Ohnoes! Female playable characters would be way too much work!!!" despite being a frikking huge company.
Here I thought I could respect them. Like the company more than I do, but nope. I dunno what to think anymore.

The game's off my radar. I want something a weee bit more creative in a protagonist than standard issue white guy. Would've been all over this game if they kept the gender select in.

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Ldude893 said:
I had mixed feelings over this one while watching the E3 gameplay. I'm definitely not getting this one since I don't have an XBOX, but then there's the fact that we're supposed to root for a group of people supporting the slaughter of nobles, both wicked and innocent. There's a reason they call the period after the revolution the 'reign of terror'.
Unless at some point the new tyrannical revolutionary government actually turns out to be a Templar job, and the Assassins switch sides against the former revolutionaries.
That's why this one might be the most interesting story wise. Someone ages ago said that setting a game in the French Revolution would be really good as it could be the "what if the Assassin's went too far" scenario. The first half of the game could very well be that, and then the second half showing the main character try to fix all they did.

If they actually do that is another story...