Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass Holders: Here's How You Get Your Free Game

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass Holders: Here's How You Get Your Free Game

Gamers who shelled out for the cancelled [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138805-Assassins-Creed-Unitys-Season-Pass-Cancelled] Assassin's Creed: Unity season pass can now claim their free game.

So Assassin's Creed: Unity was so terrible that Ubisoft decided it would rather completely wash its hands of it than actually make the season pass DLC [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138805-Assassins-Creed-Unitys-Season-Pass-Cancelled], and announced it would be compensating anyone who pre-purchased the pass with a free game. Good news for those pre-purchasers, you can now claim your free game (though I guess not the best news as I'm sure they would have preferred Assassin's Creed: Unity content, or even a refund).

Eligible players just have to head to this website [https://acu.ubi.com/Default/], and sync up their Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, or uPlay accounts. They'll then be able to chose from Far Cry 4, The Crew, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends, and Just Dance 2015, which will then be added as a digital download to their respective accounts.

Players have until March 15, 2015, to claim their free game.

Obviously, the best value-for-money choice is Far Cry 4, which was only recently released and is actually pretty good [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/12656-Far-Cry-4-Review] if you're looking for a no-nonsense action FPS.

Furthermore, the first (and evidently, only) planned DLC pack for the title, Dead Kings, will be made available as a free download for all owners of the game, regardless of which GameStop special edition they purchased.

Source: Ubisoft [https://acu.ubi.com/Default/]

mag0r

Oct 8, 2010
It's not true that they won't make the season pass DLC.
All the contents will be released, the Dead Kings DLC for free and the Season Pass Holder's will get the AC:China game.
The later will also be made available for everyone else but probably not free (unless Patch 6 or something still doesn't fix the game and they need another free give-away).

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
What IS true is that there is no 'season', which still means that users will have to eat their losses, especially when the game has the problems that it does and they won't simply refund people, which would be the RIGHT thing to do.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
2015 AssCreed needs to be about the Chinese Dynasty era (The Three Kingdoms) or Japanese Edo/Tokugawa period and you play as a female assassin. Because if it isn't that I doubt too many people will pre-order

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I don't get what the fuss is? As a season pass owner, I get all the content I paid for, PLUS an extra free game? And everyone else gets the big DLC for free. But noooooo, free stuff is bad.
Far Cry 4 is certainly worth a lot more than what I paid for the season pass, so this is either way a good deal for me.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Here in Germany aside from the free games it's talked a lot about the disclaimer you have to agree to to download the games! It's basically irrelevant here, because it is so far out it will never hold in court ... well in an US court maybe, because they are crazy...
Maybe you from the escapist can look into that!

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
NLS said:
I don't get what the fuss is? As a season pass owner, I get all the content I paid for, PLUS an extra free game? And everyone else gets the big DLC for free. But noooooo, free stuff is bad.
Far Cry 4 is certainly worth a lot more than what I paid for the season pass, so this is either way a good deal for me.
Besides the fact that some people may not want the games in question (or already own them), the fact is that people paid for an item and are due a refund if they don't want to take the free game.

I didn't preorder the season pass (I don't care for them), but if I did I would go for the refund on principle.

mag0r

Oct 8, 2010
That is where the article is simple incorrect. The season pass is NOT cancelled you just can't buy it anymore.
Instead you get everything you paid for plus the free game.
There's nothing you'd need to get refunded for.

Airon

Jan 8, 2012
The terms you have to agree with to get your """"free game"""" are raising concerns in Germany, where legal experts doubt very much that some of the terms are enforceable under German law.

Link: http://heise.de/-2504091

It seems Ubisoft is jumping from one pile of dog doo in to the next.

Nergui

Dec 13, 2013
I'm not sure about other countries, but here in Australia, "Failure to supply product" = "Refund" not "Supply alternate product"

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
I love what the world has embraced as the "Face" of Assassin's Creed Unity.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
It's nice that they're giving out the free games, but they put in a new legal phrase in the agreement for accepting the free game - by taking the game, people waive their right to pursue legal action for Unity's performance, or devaluation of AC:U/season pass for giving out the DLC for free.
I'm sure most people thinking of pursuing legal action would be fine with a game as compensation (essentially, getting a fixed game for the broken one), but it's an interesting legal change.
And yeah, Far Cry 4 seems the best value for that, haven't heard anything more negative than "It's more Far Cry 3."

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
GZGoten said:
2015 AssCreed needs to be about the Chinese Dynasty era (The Three Kingdoms) or Japanese Edo/Tokugawa period and you play as a female assassin. Because if it isn't that I doubt too many people will pre-order
Or the Holy Roman Empire during the protestant reformation would be interesting too.

OT: Why is AC: Rogue not on the list of the offered games? It seems like it a no brainer to offer that game especially if they have already put up Farcry 4 which is a new release as well.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I never get tired of seeing those Unity screenshots!

I'm so pleased I jumped the Ass Creed train back when Revelations came out and I found it to be a boring pile of poop. That was when I knew the series was just going downhill and had nothing new to offer me. I haven't played AS since then. Brotherhood was the pinnacle in my mind although I may check out Black Flag some day...

Now I can sit back and look smug as I watch the franchise finally fold in on itself and disappear up its own arse. Only it won't, will it? :(

mag0r said:
That is where the article is simple incorrect. The season pass is NOT cancelled you just can't buy it anymore.
My understanding was that the Season Pass granted buyers access to various DLC that was due for later release, only now they've cancelled most of the DLC and will only be releasing one piece of content. That sounds to me like you're NOT getting what you paid for, hense the free game.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Proverbial Jon said:
I never get tired of seeing those Unity screenshots!

I'm so pleased I jumped the Ass Creed train back when Revelations came out and I found it to be a boring pile of poop. That was when I knew the series was just going downhill and had nothing new to offer me. I haven't played AS since then. Brotherhood was the pinnacle in my mind although I may check out Black Flag some day...

Now I can sit back and look smug as I watch the franchise finally fold in on itself and disappear up its own arse. Only it won't, will it? :(

mag0r said:
My understanding was that the Season Pass granted buyers access to various DLC that was due for later release, only now they've cancelled most of the DLC and will only be releasing one piece of content. That sounds to me like you're NOT getting what you paid for, hense the free game.
No, they're releasing all content as planned. They're only giving away the first major piece of story DLC for free to everyone. Since this "devaluates" the season pass for those who bought it, they're offered a free game of choice in addition to the rest of the DLC that they'll be getting included. Everyone else will have to buy the DLC separately (and can already buy some of it now).