Assassin's Creed Unity Story Details, Co-op Announced - Update

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
My god! An E3 Preview with gameplay! Actual gameplay?! I know it's staged as hell but something other than a trailer is a serious upgrade at this point.

I have to admit, I wasn't blown away by how 3 and 4 looked and haven't even gotten around to playing them yet but this looks like something that may get me back into the series. The setting looked good, those crowds make it look like they upgraded the engine a bit, and the time period seems like it's a perfect match for this series.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Eh, you can't not be impressed with the large crowds of npcs and fluid climbing (not that we can assume this is how the actual game will look) but I just doesn't matter to me if the game still has the same incredibly easy combat mechanics, and I'm not much for coop.

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
martyrdrebel27 said:
Apology accepted - perhaps I misjudged your original post. Or perhaps my original post was a bit gripey. :)

And yeah - Watch Dogs and Black Flag are both on the "Play ASAP" list - probably Black Flag first - but only when Real Life stops getting in the way.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I'm noticing a few historical inaccuracies in this game already. It's saying that it's a game set in the French Revolution yet its version of France is populated by people with English accents throwing in random French words into their speech.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Wow thank you Ubisoft for your initiative game design by having all four main characters be male and white. What was wrong with our female assassin from AC4???

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
ToastiestZombie said:
I'm noticing a few historical inaccuracies in this game already. It's saying that it's a game set in the French Revolution yet its version of France is populated by people with English accents throwing in random French words into their speech.
Handwaved in one of the earlier games, I think AC2:Rev. Basically, the animus is set to auto-translate most dialogue into the animus user's language, but will keep in certain words to preserve the flavour.

Or in other words, it's Star Trek's universal translator which perfectly translate Klingons but still allows them to call you a petaQ.

---

I do hope that this game will be playable without coop. I don't have three friends with PS4s and I hate playing with stupid strangers.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
snowfi6916 said:
Wow thank you Ubisoft for your initiative game design by having all four main characters be male and white. What was wrong with our female assassin from AC4???
I don't know, it's killin me though. Aveline was - by far - the most interesting AC protagonist.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i hope they still have a solid and long SP. and yes, it does appear that all of the characters are male. would be nice if we can choose if we like to play as a female or male. i enjoyed playing as aveline and she sure was an interesting character.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
I'll be amazed if the majority people will be that nicely choreographed when the game is out.
I can picture it now, your friend accidentaly running up a wall in one of those hallways while you bump into a guard as the other two have just bolted way ahead of you.
Good times.

But man the game looks really nice. I'm a fan of the updated animations, it all just looks more smooth.

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
Looks interesting, but I'm still not sold on the co-op or the next-gen consoles. I don't really want to play with complete strangers, and it's next to impossible to coordinate enough friends to pull off a co-op game that lasts more than a few hours, even if they all had the same console and a copy of the game. There's also going to need to be a lot more games for PS4 before I commit to a purchase. If I end up with one someday, I'll look into it.

Smiley Face

Jan 17, 2012
Loop Stricken said:
Cue people never playing online in case they get teamed up with the useless bugger who has no idea what stealth means.
Yeah, because Assassin's Creed has always had such an emphasis on stealth. I mean, I've heard that some people think they can just walk up to a fortress in these games and cleave their way through 50 odd troops without taking a scratch, that's completely unrealistic.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
ToastiestZombie said:
"Oi m8, we're totally bloody French, ye hear me? Omelette du fromage and all that shite."

It looks like AC4 is still the superior game, even in this department.

Dinosorcerer

Sep 5, 2013
erbkaiser said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Handwaved in one of the earlier games, I think AC2:Rev. Basically, the animus is set to auto-translate most dialogue into the animus user's language, but will keep in certain words to preserve the flavour.

Or in other words, it's Star Trek's universal translator which perfectly translate Klingons but still allows them to call you a Qap'laH.

---

I do hope that this game will be playable without coop. I don't have three friends with PS4s and I hate playing with stupid strangers.
but the other games made an effort to keep the accents at least (with the exception of Altair from AC1.). it just seems odd that an internationally known studio. a FRENCH-based internationally known studio no less, couldn't have sprung for french voice actors.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
SanguiniusMagnificum said:
I really hope that Ubisoft won't portray the French Revolution in a black and white fashion à la
"freedom loving Assassin revolutionaries=good, controlling Templar monarchists=bad". One of the few things that I genuinely liked about AssCreed III was that they presented both parties in an ambiguous manner with neither side being right or wrong.
From the narration in the videos we have so far, I'm assuming they're not going the black and white route.

Racecarlock said:
So to summarize you're an assassin in the past and you kill things to cause events and random stuff happens on the streets.
And this time, you can do it with three identical friends.

erbkaiser said:
Or in other words, it's Star Trek's universal translator which perfectly translate Klingons but still allows them to call you a Qap'laH.
And the TARDIS allows the Doctor to say "allons y!" Well, one of him. It's almost as common a conceit as the universal translator in the first place.