Assassin's Creed: Victory Leaked, Releasing Fall 2015

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
Haerthan said:
Oh yea. Everyone is too hard to animate, it is too hard to optimize their games. Only in the gaming industry can a company like Ubisoft survive.
I don't know about that. Ever looked at the automotive industry? And when they can't make something work, people can die.
Yea, fair enough, but in the automotive industry the government bails those bastards out. So the American automotive industry isn't in that good shape. At least there is some FORM of regulation there, although not anymore since they moved the factories to either Mexico, China or other places were the labour is so cheap that the costs of shipping is offset by cost of labour.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
To quote Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. You're going the wrong way, Ubisoft!!! Go East you fools, not further west! I'm tired of Assassin's Creed games in Europe and America. Head to China or Japan you bakas! This game sounds just as boring as Unity.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
YOU wa SHOCK? I am most shocked so many people are shocked.
This is perfectly normal for a company as vast as Ubisoft, and I got no problem with it (though I'm not an avid player of AC games are they aren't good enough for me to get them all).

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
I would imagine this would have the opposite effect, really. With the "cancellation" of the season pass and whatnot, it looks like they're dropping this one to get on with the next one, which I don't imagine sits well with consumers who just bought this one full price.
hermes200 said:
I think it was sincerely leaked. I think they can't be so stupid to believe people already got over the bad press of Unity...
After all, the stigma of Unity is still too fresh. They even cancelled their future plans for DLC.
Even those that might be interested in Victorian London are still too sore because of the slugfest that was the previous game. No one is "yeah, more assassins creed", but "after the last one, forget it", which it the exact opposite direction that they would get from a distraction.
At this point, I don't think any level is beyond them. I refuse to be surprised if it turned out to be true. Even still, bad iidea all around.

Rozalia1 said:
YOU wa SHOCK?

Seriously?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Get the fuck out. Europe... again?
The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?
Yeah, but making a game set in ancient greece, babylon, egypt or skipping over to east asia requires a bunch of research that the writers probably can't be bothered with.

Or they just don't understand how awesome it would be. I can't be the only one who wanted to see the lives of the other assassins as shown in the room below the villa in AC2, can I?

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Thorn14 said:
Isn't Unity selling really well despite its horrendous state at launch?

I wonder if the sales for this will decline because of it?

Or are AAA consumers so conditioned to just BUY BUY BUY anything with Assassin's Creed in the name that it won't matter?
Review embargos til 12 hours after release so people didn't know it was a busted pile of crap until after they bought it.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Cybylt said:
Thorn14 said:

Or are AAA consumers so conditioned to just BUY BUY BUY anything with Assassin's Creed in the name that it won't matter?
Review embargos til 12 hours after release so people didn't know it was a busted pile of crap until after they bought it.
Yeah, you'd think that would tip people off that something is very wrong and that perhaps a preorder is NOT a good idea.

Then again, I've talked to people on this forum who don't think reviews mean anything either, so I guess people can and will get fooled again...and again.....and again.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Dalisclock said:
Cybylt said:
Thorn14 said:

Yeah, you'd think that would tip people off that something is very wrong and that perhaps a preorder is NOT a good idea.

Then again, I've talked to people on this forum who don't think reviews mean anything either, so I guess people can and will get fooled again...and again.....and again.

Ehhh... the kind of people who come to sites like this don't have a huge overlap with the general consumer public, I think. People who take it as a hobby will have their tastes pretty set and reviews won't mean much to them personally because of that. Most people take this to mean that they should have some kind of adversarial relationship with a reviewer that doesn't agree with them for some reason.

Personally, I know of a couple reviewers who have tastes that far more often than not line up with my own so if I'm iffy about something I'll take their word for quality/enjoyment. I think many people would be really happy doing the same instead of getting all bent out of shape about the ones who don't.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
And the award for most ill-timed revelation in 2014 goes to... Ubisoft!

Fulbert said:
Hairless Mammoth said:
I'd love to see them make an AC set in Antarctica.
The parkour in that one might be a tad boring. I mean, even more boring than it is now.
Are you kidding me? You don't want to see somebody jump off the top of a polar bear and shank a seal on landing?

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
And the award for most ill-timed revelation in 2014 goes to... Ubisoft!

Fulbert said:
Hairless Mammoth said:
The parkour in that one might be a tad boring. I mean, even more boring than it is now.
Are you kidding me? You don't want to see somebody jump off the top of a polar bear and shank a seal on landing?
You're right, but what about towers? It's not the Ubisoft Open-World Videogame without towers, and there aren't many of those in Antarctica. Not to my knowledge, at least.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
MC1980 said:
Vault101 said:
ok Assasins creed here's the deal

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool
Liberation did that, didn't make a difference really. Game was a shit version of AC3 though (and I thought AC3 was the shit version of AC3, boy was I surprised). And there's going to be that sidescroller with the chinese chick from the Ezio animated shortfilm, though I guess that doesn't meet your criteria. Not that the gender changes the characters, AC protagonists are usually either witty+some other quality or boring+poorly written. It's mostly just visual designs that see difference.
AC3 got me interested in politics, which is a monumental achievement as far as I'm concerned. All of Shaun's sarcastic comments about the ungrateful Americans... Twas brilliant. Smart way to put political commentary into a game, too - smother it with humour.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
hermes200 said:
FalloutJack said:
Yes, this was 'leaked'. It's totally not a distraction, desperately tryng to draw attention from the stigma of Unity. Heh.
I think it was sincerely leaked. I think they can't be so stupid to believe people already got over the bad press of Unity...
After all, the stigma of Unity is still too fresh. They even cancelled their future plans for DLC.
Even those that might be interested in Victorian London are still too sore because of the slugfest that was the previous game. No one is "yeah, more assassins creed", but "after the last one, forget it", which it the exact opposite direction that they would get from a distraction.
Ubisoft said they would rework their review emargo policy after all the backlash from Unity.

Less than a week later, they announced they would not be sending out review copies of The Crew before launch

"They can't be so stupid," is a statement no longer worthy of being said about Ubisoft.
Well... that sure counts as "review their policies"

Ok, maybe addressing at their intelligence is not the right thing to do, but I still believe it was leaked.

Right now, the reception of Assassins Creed is very tainted with the state of their last couple games, and they have been working on damage control since then. They even offer to give away new or unreleased full price games as compensation. The simpler thing to do is bite the bullet, remain quiet and wait for the dust to settle; since there is no scenario where the reveal of more AC is received with nothing but contempt.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Get the fuck out. Europe... again?
The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?
IKR?! I want to assassinate some penguins in Antarctica.

In all seriousness though, I think setting one of the games in ancient China would be amazing.

Still, this does actually sound pretty interesting. Didn't get either of the games this year so maybe I'll get this next one. Still, I usually wait at least three years in between each of these games so that I can experience drastic improvements and changes rather slight refinements.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I'd love to see one set in Ancient Egypt. Or China during the early contact with Europe and the resulting events. Japan with ninjas? Lots of options.

Still, if they're sticking with Europe, they could do worse than Ye Olde London. Lots of parkour options there, dark setting, season liberally with the gap between the aristocracy and the non-rich and stir slowly. But give it more time. Not just for bug fixes and what not, but a year is not really enough to produce another game properly, I've found, particularly with the current track record.

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
I don't see this ending well, next year is too soon, and as everyone's stated Unity should serve as a cautionary tale of launching these things without polish, hopefully they realise that and delay this one until the next year. other than that, a Victorian setting could be okay.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
Hairless Mammoth said:
So it turns out one of Desmonds assassin ancestors was a penguin? Not only will I buy that, I'll bet the Penguin is still more interesting then Desmond.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Sillarra said:
Hey...now that's a thought. What if your character is Jack the Ripper? Killing Templars disguised as prostitutes...
How dare you suggest something so flagrantly misogynistic? I've been triggah'd.

OT: Fair enough, if you're going for "Organization that it's always okay to hate" posh sounding British upperclass people are always a good target. We've already discussed how British accents are evil sounding and fit any villain well, plus from what I remember of Subject 16's memory fragments in 'Screed 2, the British were Templars up and through the liberation of India.