Assassin's Creed: Victory Leaked, Releasing Fall 2015

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Assassin's Creed: Victory Leaked, Releasing Fall 2015

Assassin's Creed: Victory will be released for PS4, Xbox One and PC and take place in Victorian era London.

The next by Ubisoft Quebec.

"The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years, and we're excited to officially unveil what the studio has been working on at a later date," said the publisher. "In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed: Unity for players." Ubisoft would additionally say that it's "disappointed" that Victory was leaked before it had a chance to formally announce it.

The game itself will add more to the Assassin's Creed's formula than just a new location. The video viewed by Kotaku included sections where the player engaged in combat on top of moving vehicles (carriages and trains). The assassin in Victory will apparently also have a new grappling hook that sounds mildly similar to the one in Just Cause 2. All in all, it looks like an interesting new entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. Then again, if Victory winds up having problems <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138805-Assassins-Creed-Unitys-Season-Pass-Cancelled>like Assassin's Creed: Unity, it could further sour player's opinions of the series. We'll just have to wait and see how well Ubisoft Quebec does with the game.

Source: <a href=http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788>Kotaku

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Aerosteam said:
Get the fuck out. Europe... again?
Well, if ya haven't noticed already, the series is very Euro-centric; Europe is always involved in one way or another whether it be the knights of King Richard being host to the Templars in I, Italian casanova Ezio in II, or the British being the Templars AGAIN in III, or Welsh pirate-turned Assassin Edward in IV, or Frenchman Arno is Unity. They always try to make some way for Europe to be involved. And of course there's also the problem that Ubisoft probably isn't equipped to try and diversify. Sure, they COULD try to do the Middle East again, or maybe Africa, Western Europe, or Asia, but of course those are WAY outside their comfort zone and would require them to, y'know, actually put some effort in and maybe not do a yearly entry for the series. With Unity's screwups though they have a LOT of good will they need to regain.

Longing

Nov 29, 2012
heyyyyy another shitty ubisoft cash-in, who saw that coming? word of advice you pricks, try testing the game a bit more next time. At least now they won't have to make an atrocious last gen game on top of that. They can just make an atrocious current gen one.

god, I'm just at that point where everything ubisoft does makes me mad. "New Headline: ubisoft cures cancer forever" get the fuck outta here.

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Longing said:
heyyyyy another shitty ubisoft cash-in, who saw that coming? word of advice you pricks, try testing the game a bit more next time. At least now they won't have to make an atrocious last gen game on top of that. They can just make an atrocious current gen one.

god, I'm just at that point where everything ubisoft does makes me mad. "New Headline: ubisoft cures cancer forever" get the fuck outta here.
Farcry 4 is ok even if it is only farcry 3 with a new coat of paint. That said kind of funny they just abandoned assassin creed unity. They realize they are killing their trust factor. They are still advertising it for Christ sake.

CarlsonAndPeeters

Mar 18, 2009
So AC: Unity is the first Assassin's Creed game I haven't played--Ubisoft, you finally managed to kill of the last of my love for the series. But I like London. So maybe you can make this one good? I can be brought back...but only if you make a good game.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ok Assasins creed here's the deal

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
So have any of the bugs been leaked yet? Or are we going to have to sit in suspense until after the review embargoes are over next year?
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Get the fuck out. Europe... again?
The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?
I'd love to see them make an AC set in Antarctica.

EmperorZinyak

Aug 3, 2014
Please, stop beating games out of the Assassin's Creed punching bag and let it take a breather. I don't care if you've been working on it for two years, the paradigms have shifted and Assassin's Creed needs time to reconstruct itself.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
"You know, why waste time giving you DLC for a failed product like Assassin's Creed: Unity if whe can use it later and sell it as a new game" sincerily Ubisoft :p

Roboshi

Jul 28, 2008
Okay my reactions to this are to say the least mixed;

-Firstly, WAY too soon. If this was a 2016 release I'd say people would be more forgiving and willing to accept it after a 2 year gap at the very least.

-Using the engine from Unity shouldn't be too bad as Unity has effectively become the best bug test for your engine to date. just a shame it had to drag an entire game down to do it.

-The Setting? PERFECT! I'm sorry but I've been wanting this era since AC2 and it's one games very rarely touch on. The closest would be the steampunk games that use the aesthetic but never the real life setting or the sherlock holmes games that nobody plays.

Victorian London was a dark, cramped, dirty city with lots of potential for sneaking and assassinations. There's also the acts of the famous Jack the Ripper to follow (or perhaps play out). This was the era when children were sold into workhouses, whole families lived in debters prisons and smog concealed every event at night.

But while I'm posting about the setting I wish people would stop this stupid "the next one had better be in japan or it can just not bother". Because it's honestly getting tired. AC has been a series that uses real world european setting in an industry where 80% of your real-world settings are either japan or america. Most of the time, European setting just means "tolkien fantasy" and if you're luck itm eans an RTS set in the roman era.
That said, an Egyption, Indian or another middle eastern setting wouldn't go amiss.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
"Oh no. The sheep have discovered that we're already working on another full price AssCreed title instead of fixing the one that they just paid for."

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Vault101 said:
ok Assasins creed here's the deal

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool
Does Assassin's Creed Liberation count? I know it's a spin off but it is a female assassin. Or do you mean a numbered/ main title where you play as one?

Sillarra

I have no idea how I got here.
Aug 14, 2014
I know this franchise cannot be saved already (at least, in my opinion), but can we at least have a settings-appropriate attire for the assassin? I really don't think you can blend in wearing hoods in Victorian-era London, much less carrying all your weapons on display for everyone to see. That will be a really quick way to get yourself arrested (or worse, be accused to be Jack the Ripper).

Hey...now that's a thought. What if your character is Jack the Ripper? Killing Templars disguised as prostitutes...