Assassins Unite Across the Ages in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I kinda wish they'd move on to a new assassin. I think there's alot of potential in the series they aren't exploring because at this stage of the game Ubisoft is afraid to move away from the Ezio character since he's been so successful. For instance I think they're missing a grand opportunity to play with the old Nazi trope of collecting supernatural artifacts to cement the Third Reich's power. If they ever do end up there I think we just need to accept that Nazi's was the only logical outcome for the series.

After all this time and not really much development of Desmond's character I don't really care what's going on in their modern world. Frankly I think they could just ditch the whole Animus framing and the game wouldn't suffer a bit.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hey. As long as it doesn't end on another cliff-hanger...

But if it didn't, it wouldn't be an AC game, would it?
Indeed, it has become something of a staple of the series. Personally, I don't mind that much, but what I do mind is the fact that Ezio's story was suppossed to be finished. It realy fellt like we were done with our spaghetti-loving friend in Brotherhood. I hope it turns out alright, but I have a feeling that they're trying to stretch the story a bit too far this time.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Eh, it feels a bit like they are padding the series with filler games to make more money. Not that that is a bad thing as I feel Brotherhood was the best AC game so far. But I am anxious to see the conclusion of the story, and I don't mind Desmond at all really.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Di said:
Ezio again?

What the fuck're Ubisoft thinking? Ezio has always been a shitty character with an even shittier storyline. Get Altaïr or someone new, fuck, even Desmond is better than Ezio, and Desmond is really bad. And if Brotherhood is any sort of indicator, it's going to be even more boring, with even worse "dungeons" or whatever you wanna call those terrible caves and ruins that you went through for the worst armor ever known to man in Brotherhood.
I've always sort of wondered why people hate Desmond so much. I can understand Ezio's hate, as his boyish charm is very much a "love it or hate it" proposition. But Desmond seems like a pretty reasonable guy, from what we've seen of him.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I get the feeling we might see a section where the three of them talk in an eagle vision hallucination style sequence...

Can't say Im not a little dissapointed that it's not an entirely different setting with a new ancestor, but this still looks awesome. Can't wait to see some gameplay =)

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...I'm actually glad we see Atair again. I sort of missed the broody bastard.

So, This is the final time huh Ezio? You better make it count, good sir.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
Personally, I'd love to see them move the series to Japan. Or Russia, perhaps. If they can move from the middle east to Italy to wherever Abstergo corp camps out (maybe in America somewhere), it's not that great a stretch to see it in these locations either.

I can easily see them working with the Shogunate to resist the western takeover of Japan, or against Rasputin-the-cleverly-disguised-Templar-agent! :D

Even the Nazi idea above has some good merit - as long as they give us some of those awesome Indy-type locations to play around in!

But please, PLEASE... no zombies or ninja's.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Looks awesome and since it's Assassin's Creed, I'm definitely going to get it... but this isn't the last AC game, now is it? Just the conclusion of Ezio's story and continuing the story of Desmond.
Last I heard, the absolute final AC game will just be Assassin's Creed III, or so I've heard.

Either way, this looks great and I can't wait until there's a release date on it.

Still not psyching me as much as Skyrim though >.>

lionheart_1

Mar 18, 2010
While it would've been nice to get a new protagonist, finding out what happens to Ezio following the events in Brotherhood will be good, considering the ambiguous treatment he received. Moving the location to Constantinople is sort of a no brainer, with it's different architecture and culture, since Italy has been so well covered.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Oh Ubisoft, you tricky bastard. You finally managed to create a decent protagonist and now you're milking him for all its worth. Wouldn't it be better if they just concluded the story and moved on to bigger and better things?

Apr 28, 2008
Kind of disappointed. I'd have preferred a new time period and new hero. Ezio's cool and all, but he had his run. Twice.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Sounds good. I guess this will be the conclusion of Ezio and AssCreed 3 will finish it off, either with a new protagonist or only Desmond.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
I'm torn. I really, really like Ezio. And I really, really don't want him to overstay his welcome. AC:Brotherhood got enough snarky comments about being an expansion pack, and I really hope Revelations doesn't come across the same way. It will be fun to play Altair with the improved mechanics, though.

But Ubisoft: please, enough. Time to move on. Pick another historical period. Another one we don't get to see a lot of in games.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Ezio: "Italy was just a setback!!!"

/WoW returning character reference

Not unhappy here, I love Ezio, and want to see a bit more of Altair and what he did after he grabbed the apple. But Desmond seriously needs some work because I keep forgetting he's there til I leave the Animus.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
JWRosser said:
Any Assassin's Creed is good Assassin's Creed! I'm glad they're moving away from Italy though; Constantinople should be very interesting.
*Ezio voice* "What do YOU have against Italia?" *end Ezio voice*

Constantinople... interesting! I've actually been to Istanbul myself; maybe that will help when navigating the area. I sure hope that we can get boats, though - swimming across the Strait will be a looooong commute.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
HankMan said:
I sure hope Altair got over his fear of swimming.
MrBrightside919 said:
Hey! Don't judge Constantinople! Even Old New York was once New Amsterdam!
People just liked it better that way
<youtube=vankaSlfSr0>
What is this....I don't even...

Here, let me do it right.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
The sheer quality of brotherhood makes me pretty psyched for this.

Ezio AND altair, you say? Both great characters. Can't wait. Seeing something happen to progress the modern day plot will be great too.

And "assains across history"... maybe even more assassin's besides the three we already know?