Assassins Unite Across the Ages in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
HankMan said:
I sure hope Altair got over his fear of swimming.
MrBrightside919 said:
Hey! Don't judge Constantinople! Even Old New York was once New Amsterdam!
People just liked it better that way
<youtube=vankaSlfSr0>
My history teacher played this song for my class back in 6th grade and the damn song has been stuck in my head ever since then.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Huh. Altair could easily have gone to Constantinople in HIS time. Then Ezio goes to Constantinople in Ottoman times.....and Desmond goes to Istanbul in modern days....

And buried under the city is an ancient, alien time traveling device that allows them to direct communicate with each other? That would be pretty motherfucking surreal......

Also: I would have liked this a LOT more if you got to play as Altair, Desmond and One of Ezio's Pupils....oh no wait, the Animus..... uhh... Did Ezio have a son or daughter in Brotherhood? (Didn't play that game yet)

It would Be SUPER-COOL if you got to play as Ezio's teenage daughter, wouldn't it? I mean teen girls are usually annoying.....but this particular one is going to a BAD-ASS. Plus if she's a teenager, they can't sexualize her and put her in hooded bikinis....

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Ftaghn To You Too said:
HerbertTheHamster said:
Why the fuck would they call it Constantinople?
Assuming you mean the city. It was Constantine, one of the last "real" Roman Emperors. That was basically his pet city. Constantine+polis=Constantinople.
It was renamed Istanbul after the Turks took over it in 1453. Ezio wasn't even born then.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
I so dislike Desmond :(

I got so bothered when they put in this huge mission with Desmond in AC:Brotherhood - I mean, how on earth is a guy who spends all day in a machine, suddenly able to call upon these miraculous athletic abilities like Captain Planet?!

If I had his job in this game, I would be 200lbs heavy and require being lifted in and out of the animus. And he's just so dull.

Okay yeah yeah, so he's a descendent of Ezio/Altair and that's totally kick ass, but lets face it, it's not like he's actually been running up and down buildings like his ancestors for years. He's just apparently picked up this skill by learning about it in the animus. I can understand the gaining of knowledge but the sudden gain of athletic ability is just ridiculous.

Give me Ezio or Altair any day. I pretty much sigh constantly through Desmond sections.

Timmibal

Nov 8, 2010
All it says is that Altair and Ezio will be FEATURED... It's established pretty clearly at this point that by the end of their game stories (AC1 and that portable one I forget for Altair and AC2 and bro for Ezio) both men are old fucking tigers sitting atop thrones made of badassery and hot assassin strumpets.

You know, it's pretty obvious that they had kids. A number has not been invented for the amount of ass Ezio tapped,
And Desmond physically experiences his Animus focus moving from Altair to his unborn child in AC2.

Who's to say They don't fill in something more of an Al Mualim role, and Constantinople is just where Altair/Ezio send their kids on a training mission, where an artifact of unknown power is discovered... blah blah blah save the world blah blah 2012 those who came before blah blah.

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's one of the mission hubs in AC:B where you grind your minions anyway. And it would give a reasonable excuse for the 'Oh my god I'm new and what does this button do' tutorials which will no doubt fill the first 20 mins of the game.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Constantinople was ruled by different nation.
Istanbul was the name the turkish gave it after the conquest of the balkans.

Timmibal

Nov 8, 2010
Abandon4093 said:
The first AC is set in the late 11 hundreds. Because Richard the Lionheart was in it. And AC 2-3 are set in the late 14 hundreds. Because DaVinci is in it.
I'm not saying they go together, only that both Altairs and Ezios descendants visited Constantinople in their respective times.

If Altairs bloodline and Ezios are two different ones. And their descendants met somewhere down the line and had children. Which is why they're both connected to Desmond. It would explain why Ezio never trained as an Assassin before. Also why he was in Italy.
I think that's a given, look at how much potential variation there is in Ezio's bloodline alone. The Assassins seem to be fairly close-knit for a worldwide organization, one would expect a little intermarriage.

Also Ezio wasn't trained as an assassin because his older brother was supposed to join first. Ezio would have been brought in assumedly at a later date. Ezio's father was already an assassin, hence where Ezio got his starter gear from in AC2

Damura

Aug 14, 2008
Damn. More Ezio. Never really liked him.

Also, since there's multiple timelines... double the flags.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Enough with fucking Ezio, for pete's sake.
Glad to see Altair making an appearance, he was more awesome, more skilled, better storyline - what he got up to post AC1 would have been awesome.

Not the smarmy prick we've been stuck with for two games.

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Jabberwock xeno said:
Again:

WHY NO RUSSIAN REVOLUTION!

It'd be perfect!
The period after Lenin's death or during the Great Purge would be better, methinks. There wasn't a lot of action during the Russian Revolution, and while there were horriffic brutalities during the Russian Civil War, the three White Russian armies never got close to Moscow. There were also no major leaders during the Revolution itself - it was a mob phenomenon, and Lenin just jumped on the bandwagon and took the reins when he could - so there aren't really any revolutionaries or counter-revolutionaries to assassinate. Granted, the Revolution itself could serve as a tutorial or introduction to the setting, but the NEP period (1924-29) and the Great Purge (1937-38) would provide more interesting gameplay. There was an absolutely byzantine (pun intended) amount of scheming going on between Lenin's death and Stalin's ascension to power, which would lend itself perfectly to assassination missions, and during the Great Purge, the NKVD was everywhere, making people disappear - again, a suitable setting for an Asscreed game.

The most exciting event in Petrograd during the Russian Revolution was the "siege" of the Winter Palace, which was being defended by the Women's Battalion of Death [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Battalion] (seriously [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NotMakingThisUpDisclaimer]) at the behest of Kerensky's Provisional Government. The palace didn't have a central heating system, and the (male) Bolshevik soldiers outside had fires going and vodka to drink. Some of the defenders climbed out the windows to warm themselves at the fires, some of the men climbed in to warm themselves with the women, and come morning there were more Bolsheviks in the Winter Palace than there were defenders. That's about as exciting as the Revolution got, until the Civil War broke out.

norwegian-guy said:
How old will Ezio be in this one? I think he was 50 in the last one and then they joked about how old he was getting. I mean... isn't 50+ a little old for an assassin in the renaissance?
The average human lifespan before the Industrial Revolution was much longer than most people think. The image of people of 40, 50 being rare old geezers stems from the nineteenth century underclasses, before this time period the average lifespan was much closer to what it was roughly halfway through the twentieth century. (These days, we do grow significantly older due to modern medicine.) The fifteenth and sixteenth centuries actually saw the health and lifespan of average people (i.e. peasants) increase; the European population had grown so large during the thirteenth century that a continental famine was looming. Then the Black Death mashed the reset button and after the dust had settled and the bodies stopped dropping living standards had actually gone up a lot, as more food was available, higher wages were paid due to the loss of about a third of the working population and the average lifespan became much longer.

That's for peasants. Ezio is an aristocrat, and an Assassin. Aristocrats have always had longer and healthier lives than the common folk, due to being able to afford a substantial, healthy diet, and the best medicine available in their day (how effective this was is up for debate however). Furthermore, Ezio's life is one constant workout, given the fact that he's free-running everywhere. So even if he is pushing 60, he's probably still healthy and in shape, and it's not too much of a stretch to have him hopping about the city like he's not a day over 20.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Strategia said:
Jabberwock xeno said:
Again:

WHY NO RUSSIAN REVOLUTION!

It'd be perfect!
The period after Lenin's death or during the Great Purge would be better, methinks. There wasn't a lot of action during the Russian Revolution, and while there were horriffic brutalities during the Russian Civil War, the three White Russian armies never got close to Moscow. There were also no major leaders during the Revolution itself - it was a mob phenomenon, and Lenin just jumped on the bandwagon and took the reins when he could - so there aren't really any revolutionaries or counter-revolutionaries to assassinate. Granted, the Revolution itself could serve as a tutorial or introduction to the setting, but the NEP period (1924-29) and the Great Purge (1937-38) would provide more interesting gameplay. There was an absolutely byzantine (pun intended) amount of scheming going on between Lenin's death and Stalin's ascension to power, which would lend itself perfectly to assassination missions, and during the Great Purge, the NKVD was everywhere, making people disappear - again, a suitable setting for an Asscreed game.

The most exciting event in Petrograd during the Russian Revolution was the "siege" of the Winter Palace, which was being defended by the Women's Battalion of Death [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Battalion] (seriously [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NotMakingThisUpDisclaimer]) at the behest of Kerensky's Provisional Government. The palace didn't have a central heating system, and the (male) Bolshevik soldiers outside had fires going and vodka to drink. Some of the defenders climbed out the windows to warm themselves at the fires, some of the men climbed in to warm themselves with the women, and come morning there were more Bolsheviks in the Winter Palace than there were defenders. That's about as exciting as the Revolution got, until the Civil War broke out.

norwegian-guy said:
How old will Ezio be in this one? I think he was 50 in the last one and then they joked about how old he was getting. I mean... isn't 50+ a little old for an assassin in the renaissance?
The average human lifespan before the Industrial Revolution was much longer than most people think. The image of people of 40, 50 being rare old geezers stems from the nineteenth century underclasses, before this time period the average lifespan was much closer to what it was roughly halfway through the twentieth century. (These days, we do grow significantly older due to modern medicine.) The fifteenth and sixteenth centuries actually saw the health and lifespan of average people (i.e. peasants) increase; the European population had grown so large during the thirteenth century that a continental famine was looming. Then the Black Death mashed the reset button and after the dust had settled and the bodies stopped dropping living standards had actually gone up a lot, as more food was available, higher wages were paid due to the loss of about a third of the working population and the average lifespan became much longer.

That's for peasants. Ezio is an aristocrat, and an Assassin. Aristocrats have always had longer and healthier lives than the common folk, due to being able to afford a substantial, healthy diet, and the best medicine available in their day (how effective this was is up for debate however). Furthermore, Ezio's life is one constant workout, given the fact that he's free-running everywhere. So even if he is pushing 60, he's probably still healthy and in shape, and it's not too much of a stretch to have him hopping about the city like he's not a day over 20.
well, rausputin would make a great templar, and he WAS assassinated.... eventually.

Calvar Draveir

Feb 10, 2010
The changes Brotherhood brought was worth being a full game, past characters are still being used because this is not a full sequel and instead wraps up their story, and STOP USING THE WORDS "CASH COW" OR ELSE MY MIND WILL IMPLODE OF CYNICYSM-SPEAK OVERLOAD.

EDIT: Although if people stopped being needlessly cynical The Escapist would have no comments, eh?

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Istanbul derives from the Greek words: "eis tan(?) poleis", which means "to the city"

Like Stalin said, quantity is also a quality. Let the AC games roll in, you'll get all my money ubisoft.