Assassins Unite Across the Ages in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Assassins Unite Across the Ages in Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Revelations will conclude the story of Ezio Auditore de Firenze in the city of Constantinople, but players will need some help from Assassins past and present, too.

Looks like the rumors [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109676-Report-Ubisoft-Accidentally-Reveals-Next-Assassins-Creed] were spot on: Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed is indeed Assassin's Creed: Revelations, and original protagonist Altaïr will be returning, in a fashion.

Today, Game Informer revealed that Revelations will be on the cover of its June issue [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/acrcoverrevealjune.aspx], and let loose with a smattering of new information about the title. According to GI, Revelations - which, like its predecessors, will be out this November - will focus on AC2 protagonist Ezio and the conclusion of his story. However, it isn't all Ezio, all the time, either.

All three of the franchise's primary characters - Altaïr, Ezio and Desmond - will play a part in the story this time around, and fittingly enough all three of them will be playable. One can hope that Desmond will be less useless than before given the three games he's spent learning from his badass ancestors.

Still, the focus will be on Ezio once more as he travels abroad, to the grand city of Constantinople at the height of the Ottoman Empire. Constantinople is, of course, the old-time name of the modern metropolis of Istanbul. Why they changed it, I can't say - one assumes people just liked it better that way.

Revelations is also set to have gameplay improvements and new weapons and items - including a tool that will "change the way" players fight and move around the world - but that's par for the course by now. No word on whether the Brotherhood system from the last Creed will be returning, or if there will be something else in its place.

Frankly, I'm pretty psyched. Ezio is the best protagonist in the series thus far, and while I'd love to move on to new time periods I'm glad to see that he'll get a proper send-off in this game. I also hope that Revelations will live up to its name and help clear up the notoriously-labyrinthine plot of the series. As much as I loved Ubisoft's rendition of Renaissance Rome, it'll be great to check out the completely new architecture in Ottoman Constantinople. And hey, who knows - maybe we'll finally find out just why Constantinople got the works.

Unfortunately, that's nobody's business but the Turks'.

(Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/acrcoverrevealjune.aspx])

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
More Assassins creed is always a good thing. Kinda miffed that Desmond will be featured, but Altair should balance him out.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
I think my reaction to this is a mixture of, "fuck, Ubisoft's milking this series dry!" and, "hey, I like the idea. Let's see where they go with it!" I'm not sure; Assassin'S Creed is one of my favourite 7th generation franchises. I hope Ubisoft don't try what COD did. (Although as the sucker I am, I'll still probably lay down £60 for the special edition. Damn you, Ubisoft!)

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
Any Assassin's Creed is good Assassin's Creed! I'm glad they're moving away from Italy though; Constantinople should be very interesting.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hey. As long as it doesn't end on another cliff-hanger...

But if it didn't, it wouldn't be an AC game, would it?

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Hopefully Desmond has more character than a slightly more involved than usual narrator, Ezio is so likeable, Altair is such a wise badass but Desmond is meh at best.

Owlgravy

Sep 10, 2009
Somehow I knew that there'd be a They Might Be Giants reference here.
Hey I'm right.

OT: I was waiting for a game with Altaïr made after they'd gotten better with character development.
Gravy is pleased.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hey. As long as it doesn't end on another cliff-hanger...

But if it didn't, it wouldn't be an AC game, would it?
It's kinda an Assassins Creed staple by now.

OT:I only hope they didn't decide to make this because they needed an excuse for a middle age version of the multiplayer.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED and GOT ADDICTED to the multiplayer in brotherhood. I hope that we get some stabby-quality time with Desmond and Altaïr.

Oirish_Martin

Nov 21, 2007
So....is this another inbetweeny game like Brotherhood? Or were the hints at a very particular pair of time periods/locations at the end of Brotherhood and its DLC just a big cocktease?

I like Ezio, but I'd much prefer to move away from both Italy AND Ezio.

And I feel like I'm one of the few people who is excited about seeing more of Desmond in action.

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Beginning to lose interest in Assassins Creed now. How much more can they milk from it before it goes bad?

Shadow Geo

Mar 24, 2011
This is great and everything, but how could they be doing this when Brotherhood just came out last year?...

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
That's cool, but more importantly: Constantinople. HOLYFUCKINGFUCKS! This game is going to be fantastic.

Di'kut

Mar 28, 2011
Ezio again?

What the fuck're Ubisoft thinking? Ezio has always been a shitty character with an even shittier storyline. Get Altaïr or someone new, fuck, even Desmond is better than Ezio, and Desmond is really bad. And if Brotherhood is any sort of indicator, it's going to be even more boring, with even worse "dungeons" or whatever you wanna call those terrible caves and ruins that you went through for the worst armor ever known to man in Brotherhood.