Association of Flight Attendants calls for all those involved in yesterdays events of breaching the Capital Building to be banned from flying

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

International President Sara Nelson, representing nearly 50,000 Flight Attendants at 17 airlines, released the following statement:
"Air travel is safe because everyone follows a strict set of rules, based on the spirit that ‘we’re all in this together.’ The mob mentality behavior that took place on several flights to the D.C. area yesterday was unacceptable and threatened the safety and security of every single person onboard. It will not happen again. There’s a reason that there are strict penalties and fines for failing to comply with crewmember instructions. Enforcement keeps everyone safe.
"Our first priority in aviation safety and security is to keep any problems on the ground. Some of the people who traveled in our planes yesterday participated in the insurrection at the Capitol today. Their violent and seditious actions at the Capitol today create further concern about their departure from the DC area. Acts against our democracy, our government, and the freedom we claim as Americans must disqualify these individuals from the freedom of flight.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well there are many reasons to be placed upon a no fly list. And participating in a riot would do it. And that runs both ways.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
What you storm the capitol building because of some entitled ass delusional take about the election being "stolen" with your faces in full view of cameras and taking pictures and there might be consequences.

I say go for it don't know how it will be implemented but go for it.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
What you storm the capitol building because of some entitled ass delusional take about the election being "stolen" with your faces in full view of cameras and taking pictures and there might be consequences.

I say go for it don't know how it will be implemented but go for it.
It’s easy, the FAA puts their names and pictures in a database. That database is queried when they attempt to buy plane tickets online or in person and if it flags then the purchase does not happen. And should they try to do so under a false name or someone else’s name, well, provided they’re busted the consequences are fucking biblical.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It won't though. We know how this goes now.
This is a bureaucratic function that will basically occur once a felony is recorded. If there is an exception, it may not be applied to people who commuted said felony in their home state but rather to those who travelled across state lines to do it. Unless the state Attorney General makes a case for it. That is generally how I have observed it to work.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
It’s easy, the FAA puts their names and pictures in a database. That database is queried when they attempt to buy plane tickets online or in person and if it flags then the purchase does not happen. And should they try to do so under a false name or someone else’s name, well, provided they’re busted the consequences are fucking biblical.
OOH I like the sound of that.

Thank you for the information.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I'm all for that, we just gotta apply it to everyone who riots, not just the trump nuts.

Reactions: CM156

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
I'm all for that, we just gotta apply it to everyone who riots, not just the trump nuts.
I mean I think this literal applies to the majority of people in DC right now who came there to start this dumbfuckery. Trumps nuts not present should be fine.

Reactions: BrawlMan

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
It baffles me so few people were actually arrested. Like the Capital police posted 26 pages worth of photos of rioters, looking for information as to their identity and location. The fuck? People walked out? They were just allowed to leave?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It baffles me so few people were actually arrested. Like the Capital police posted 26 pages worth of photos of rioters, looking for information as to their identity and location. The fuck? People walked out? They were just allowed to leave?
It looks like so far 82 have been arrested and it sounds like the FBI is looking for info about others who entered the capital grounds.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Republicans tell us that actions have consequences. So there really shouldn't be a problem here.
Yup. Though doing it one industry at a time seems less effective than the ongoing matter of arresting everyone.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Both ways? Like, air staff are banned from participation in a riot?
No I mean anyone - whatever else they intended - that helped the otherwise legitimate protests in the wake of George Floyd’s death go off the rails and is then subsequently convicted of a felony offence, especially if they crossed state lines to do so.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble