Atari Adds 11 Titles to Steam

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Atari Adds 11 Titles to Steam

Game publisher Atari Inc. is joining Valve's Steam service with 11 titles.

Publisher Atari, Inc., which could soon be acquired [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/82099] by Infogrames, will be offering 11 titles on Valve's Steam digital distribution center.

The list of games includes:
[ul]
[li]Act of War: Direct Action[/li]
[li]Act of War: High Treason[/li]
[li]ArmA: Combat Operations[/li]
[li]Atari 80 Classics in 1[/li]
[li]Death to Spies[/li]
[li]Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge[/li]
[li]Indigo Prophecy[/li]
[li]RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum[/li]
[li]Tycoon City: New York[/li]
[li]The Witcher[/li]
[li]Neverwinter Nights 2 and the expansion pack NeverWinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer[/li]
[/ul]

"Atari is excited to team up with Steam and deliver great games through a digital platform that our fans have asked for," said Nizzi Renaud, Vice President of Online Entertainment at Atari, Inc. "We look forward to making an extensive collection of games, across many genres, available to Steam's extensive, globally-connected community."

Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve, declared, "We're proud to welcome to Steam a company that has become synonymous with video games. Atari cemented video games into the consciousness of modern culture and continues to produce a unique mix of games that appeal to a variety of audiences, as represented by the line-up heading to Steam."

njsykora

Sep 11, 2007
Having Neverwinter on there is going to be a great addition. That's the only game I see as a must buy on this list. Indigo Prophecy is going to have to be pretty cheap to take sales away from the Xbox Originals or even the original disc game.

REDPill357

Jan 5, 2008
njsykora said:
Having Neverwinter on there is going to be a great addition. That's the only game I see as a must buy on this list. Indigo Prophecy is going to have to be pretty cheap to take sales away from the Xbox Originals or even the original disc game.
I think it's only Neverwinter Nights 2.

And survey says... Indigo Prophecy is $9.95.