Atari's Sales Were Way Down in 2010

Papadam

Apr 9, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
What has Atari actually made in 2010? I know there might be some, but I can't for the life of me think of any.
Star Trek online is one...

One of the worst MMOs launched, and that is saying alot. Atari also ownes the rights to make D&D games which is why we havent seen a good one for so long. Hopefully they will loose the right in the Hasbro lawsuit. The Atari of today is a really bad company, almost worse than Activision.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
God, Atari's Digital Download service has pissed me off. I don't know how they managed to get so many digital downloads under these conditions;
What I bought off them just doesn't work unless you use a crack. And that's just stupid.

Michael826

Aug 17, 2009
I find Atari to be a bit of an enigma. I was barely even aware of their continued existance (which may be a fault on my part). What I will say is that I'm not surprised that they haven't been fairly too well in the recent past. Once a giant of the gaming industry, I feel like Atari has been fading into obscurity for a long time now. I definitely wasn't aware that so many people cared about Champions Online, although I've been straying towards a more casual frame of mine over the last year or two.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Sadly, I just can't bring myself to care too much about my namesake any more. As far as I'm concerned it's been dead since about 95-96 when it slid into bankrupcy and the only thing that survived with any value was the company name.

Besides the old guard didn't make any decent first-party titles since the early 80s (except for a couple on the jaguar which then escaped to the PC, which were essentially ghostwritten anyway) as they concentrated on hardware instead, and the good stuff made by Infogrames-in-wolfs-clothing has been almost as thinly spread.

Go back to your old name, guys ... let's see how things do then. Can't be fooling that many people, surely?

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
ATARI still around? I though they would have gone belly up by now (and why haven't they).
Atari's last good system was the 2600 and their one early 80's PC. Everything else failed in the market place.

The Jaguar was a failure, a Jaguar 2 will be their final coffin in the companies grave.

MartyGoldberg

Aug 20, 2009
darksakul: No, they're not still around. This is Infogrames SA, which renamed itself Atari SA. They purchased the brand name and IP from Hasbro years ago.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Well, I seem to remember that TDU2 is doing well right now.

Maybe Atari will get its one deserved cashcow or something?
I hope TDU2 does well. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit right now. But I really like driving games so maybe I'm bias.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Perhaps 1983 is reating itself again? Only this time, it only affects Atari and nobody else.