Atlus Adds Two Characters To Persona Fighter

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Atlus Adds Two Characters To Persona Fighter

Atlus has officially unveiled two new characters for Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. One's a young girl who looks like a boy and the other is a bear who occasionally also looks like a boy.

This morning -- well, it was morning in Japan, anyway -- Atlus updated the official Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena website to include two more Persona characters who would be appearing in the fighter.

First, we have Naoto Shirogane. Introduced in Persona 4, Shirogane is a wildly androgynous young woman that the Megami Tensei Wiki describes as "a refined, serious youth, with formal body language and gestures." [http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Naoto_Shirogane]

If her style of dress seems familiar, that's because it's inspired by the costume of Kyouji Kuzunoha, the protagonist of Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. Like Kuzunoha, Shirogane is a detective who becomes embroiled in the supernatural.

Second, and much more exciting for fans of the Persona series' tendency toward the adorably bizarre, is Teddie.

Those of you who haven't played Persona 4 likely only know Teddie as that bloated stuffed bear creature from all the ads. Those of you who did play Persona 4 however, will know all about Teddie's "metamorphosis." Without spoiling things, let's just say that at one point in the game Teddie pulls a reverse Kafka in order to more easily blend in with human society.

Though both characters were known to be in the Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena cast, this official announcement also brings with it a host of screenshots and miscellaneous artwork. You can see much of it in the gallery below, though if you've got basic Japanese literacy, you may also want to have a look at the game's official website [http://p-atlus.jp/p4u/].

While this is great news for Persona fans, I should also remind you that we have yet to hear if this game will be crossing the Pacific. As soon as Atlus decides to make our collective dreams come true however, you can count on us to let you know.

Source: andriasang [http://andriasang.com/comyq6/]

[gallery=520]

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
This looks pretty damn cool, makes me wish I still played on a console.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Ok, when I think of "new characters added ", I think of them including Margaret or Adachi or even Nanako as a playable character, or at the very least some more popular characters from previous persona games. Having playable characters from Persona 4 in the Persona 4 fighting game isn't really that much of a surprise.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Im gonna use rise to beat the shit out of naoto. just cause everyone calls rise a slut, and I want to take it outo n her.

Im not exactly surprised though. Teddy is an eh character, but naoto is a fan favorite. Im just surprised they're not DLC.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
Thwy should add

Adachi
Izinami
Mitsuo
All the Persona 3 characters, hell even the ones from 1 and 2.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
It's kind of a shame they didn't just make a "Persona" fighter...or even better a MegaTen fighter.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Looks like theres still 3 more characters to announce based on the blank cards on the site. My money's on Akihiko, Yukari and Junpei

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
tanis1lionheart said:
It's kind of a shame they didn't just make a "Persona" fighter...or even better a MegaTen fighter.
Yep. I would love to have the Demi-Fiend and Aleph duke it out.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
The cool thing, no region lock. So even if it doesn't get a Western release, I can just import it. :D

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
SUPA FRANKY said:
Thwy should add

Adachi
Izinami
Mitsuo
All the Persona 3 characters, hell even the ones from 1 and 2.
I'd totally play as Eikichi Mishina or Lisa Silverman. Although, Lisa would be redundant with Chie already in it.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Is Alice is one of Teddy's alternate outfits?

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Oh hell, that website intro almost killed my poor little netbook. When will we finally stop with those obnoxious flash intros?

Anyway, are the characters only from P4? Cuy I would love to beat the ever loving crap out of the protagonist from P3P...

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
thethingthatlurks said:
Oh hell, that website intro almost killed my poor little netbook. When will we finally stop with those obnoxious flash intros?

Anyway, are the characters only from P4? Cuy I would love to beat the ever loving crap out of the protagonist from P3P...
Aigis is confirmed and there are 3 character reveals left. And all of the P4 main cast is in it. So there is a chance.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Naoto?! Damn, now i won't have time to play any other characters cuz y'know... It's Naoto

Still 3 other characters left though...

Yukari, Adachi and... Mitsuru?

To be honest they could just throw extra characters in as DLC if they miss anyone important.

RedEyesBlackGamer

Jan 23, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
ite to include two more Persona characters who would be appearing in the fighter.

First, we have Naoto Shirogane. Introduced in Persona 4, Shirogane is a wildly androgynous young woman
What game were you playing? She's about as androgynous as Tina Fey. The big revealed secret for me was that she thought it was a secret. "Wait, you thought we thought you were a boy?"
More like "Wait, the rest of you guys thought she was a guy? Once again, I feel that I'm the only one here with a working brain...and eyes."