Atlus Gives a Taste of Cursed Crusade's Medieval Co-op

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Atlus Gives a Taste of Cursed Crusade's Medieval Co-op

Atlus's Cursed Crusade not only features guys hitting each other with axes, but guys hitting each other with axes in split-screen co-op.

The Cursed Crusade [http://www.amazon.com/Cursed-Crusade-Playstation-3/dp/B004A87506/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1305124823&sr=8-1] keeps looking better every time Atlus shows it off. The latest trailer features the game's co-op mode, which will allow two people to stab their enemies together both online and in local split-screen.

[video=3200]

Cursed Crusade is a third-person action-adventure game set in 1198 during the Fourth Crusade. It focuses on Denz, a holy Templar, but he has the help of a roguish mercenary named Esteban. Both characters are on a quest for retribution and form a bond as they battle.

Split-screen co-op can be played in either horizontal or vertical divisions, allowing players to choose what they prefer. Denz and Esteban don't just fight together, but help each other out, performing cooperative holds and finishing moves. Atlus says that the duo can even revive a fallen brother should he be on the brink of death.

While this trailer is all about co-op, it's also really the first good look at Cursed Crusade's gameplay, which is awfully hectic and brutal. Many an axe and sword will pierce through the body of man during the game's 40 missions. What it doesn't show are any of the curious demonic abilities seen in the previous trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106953-Atluss-Cursed-Crusade-Aims-a-Crossbow-at-Demons-Souls], which have something to do with a curse that both Denz and Esteban have to deal with. If they're going to hell, they'll at least have a friend down there.

Cursed Crusade will be released on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in fall 2011.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
A spaghetti western music in my mideval-fantasy setting? preposterous!

also wasn't it planned for a PC release too?

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Looks promising. I'm always eager for a game where I can invite a friend over for some hack & slash.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
heh looks like gears of dynasty warriors w/ god of war based quicktime thrown in

still atlus produces gold so it will rule

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
This looks truly awesome. The more I hear about this, the more excited I am getting about this title.

Yet another game to help break my budget this Fall.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
Reminds me of the old Knights of the Temple games, which is a good thing.
Definitely gonna keep my eye on this.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
It's like...Medieval Gears of War...weird.

Still, Co-op. Me and my friend are always looking for a 2 player game (way to few these days).
So...I'll probably end up picking it up so long as it's functional.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
IMO, there are absolutely not enough co-op hack and slasher's out there... especially local co-op.... this just made my list.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Co-op is enough for me to keep this game on radar. I shall look forward to it, and hope it doesn't go the way of Killzone 3.

GasparNolasco

Dec 13, 2010
Looks nice, love me some couch co-op to play with my buddies.
It has something from Shadow of Rome in it, I just can't see exactly what...

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Looks like it could be a fun game to play with friends split-screen style. I'm always down for those.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
ohhhh Atlus, you are the Shinning gem of the JRPG world. Now aparently branching out into the WRPG world as well. I have enough consumer loyalty to you that I'd buy anything you put out.

Drunkbot

Nov 9, 2010
When I went to see Kingdom of Heaven, I had low hopes for historical accuracy from Hollywood. After watching that trailer, I guess I ought to includes the video game industry with Hollywood.

One day, a game or a movie or something will come out that gives the horseman's flail its proper due, as the weapon that allowed a mounted knight to wreck basically anything in front of him. All the accounts of cities running ankle-deep in blood? Well, it might have had something to do with them swinging that flail around in a figure eight, and once you build up momentum the damn thing is basically swinging itself (well, it tries to swing the knight as well, so he has to lean a little in his stirrups).

One day.