Atlus Summons Persona 2: Innocent Sin to North America

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Well, let's hope Hitler isn't given sunglasses and has his name go from Hitler to Fuhrer. However, as long as it's still the game I know and love, I don't really care. I just know the fan translation will still be more entertaining.

Also, I still thought Eternal Punishment had the best intro music. Sure, it's obvious it's from the 90's, but it's still pretty sweet.
EDIT: Oh wait.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
mireko said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'll buy it, play it for 25 hours, and never finish it. Like I did with 3 & 4. What? The gameplay grows tedious quickly to me. And narrative alone doesn't pull me through, sadly.
This one doesn't have social links, if that's what bored you. In terms of narrative, it sounds more like a less-linear DDS than P4.

[sub]But I never played the original. Correct me if I'm wrong, people.[/sub]
The social links WERE what bored me! SHUT UP, KOU!
This shouldn't be a problem. Social links weren't introduced until P3. Although the grinding/contact system for Tarot cards might get on your nerves instead. Still, P2 was way more straightforward than 3&4 and had no "dick around" time.

Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
Well, let's hope Hitler isn't given sunglasses and has his name go from Hitler to Fuhrer. However, as long as it's still the game I know and love, I don't really care. I just know the fan translation will still be more entertaining.

Also, I still thought Eternal Punishment had the best intro music. Sure, it's obvious it's from the 90's, but it's still pretty sweet.
Yeah, I'm slightly worried about things getting censored. It's my understanding that's why the game was not originally released. I've been waiting for them to put homosexual relationships back in Social Links, so I hope they don't take that option out for this. I want my Tatsuya/Jun pairing :).

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
SwimmingRock said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
mireko said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'll buy it, play it for 25 hours, and never finish it. Like I did with 3 & 4. What? The gameplay grows tedious quickly to me. And narrative alone doesn't pull me through, sadly.
This one doesn't have social links, if that's what bored you. In terms of narrative, it sounds more like a less-linear DDS than P4.

[sub]But I never played the original. Correct me if I'm wrong, people.[/sub]
The social links WERE what bored me! SHUT UP, KOU!
This shouldn't be a problem. Social links weren't introduced until P3. Although the grinding/contact system for Tarot cards might get on your nerves instead. Still, P2 was way more straightforward than 3&4 and had no "dick around" time.

Raziel_Likes_Souls said:

Yeah, I'm slightly worried about things getting censored. It's my understanding that's why the game was not originally released. I've been waiting for them to put homosexual relationships back in Social Links, so I hope they don't take that option out for this. I want my Tatsuya/Jun pairing :).
Shit, well, we still have Tatsuya and Jun, I suppose.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:

Ahahaha. Is that for real? Oh, God. That's both slightly irritating and fucking hilarious. I mean, the censorship is a dick move, but fighting "sleazy Hollywood producer Hitler" is like a brilliant parody of the original. "It's cool, guy. we're just gonna blow up the world, you dig?"

Shit, well, we still have Tatsuya and Jun, I suppose.
Has this been confirmed? I'm not sure they'd leave it in for a US release. Oh, well. I'll hope for the best until Atlus officially states one or the other.

jayjaykoolaid

Nov 18, 2009
This announcement is all well and good but I want Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5. Please Atlus, bring me my Persona 5. You can have my first born child.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
That drum beat reminds me of this;

Learn something new every day, don't ya?

OT: Looks pretty interesting. If I had a PSP I would totally check it out. I hope there'll be another Persona game on the horizon as I loved Persona 3 (haven't been able to find Persona 4 yet), even if it got a bit repetitive at times.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Inooooooooooooocent Siiiiiin~~
I'm so happy :'D
Come faster fall! Come faster! (And I mean the season...not The Fall like in P3...)
All that's left is Persona 5 now.

Seieko Pherdo

May 7, 2011
Well I now I have a good reason to spend 100$ buying a PSP, oh Atlus you and your awesome games that make me lose money.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Whelp, it appears I will be getting a PSP in the near future. Darn you Atlus for creating awesome games and forcing my to spend all my money on them! Darn you!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I remember being really confused playing Eternal punishment back in the day when joker kept mentioning that "other world".