Atrocious commercials on TV

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Baron von Blitztank said:
I'm certain that there isn't anyone in the UK who doesn't want to track this fucker down and silence him once and for all:

Car insurance? I'll ensure a car finds it's way parallel parked between your lungs and colon!
You see, I've come to feel sorry for him.

Because the adverts turned on him in a kind of acknowledgement of how shit he was, and then spent three years basically having him treated like shit.

I mean, it wasn't his fault that the higher-ups thought an opera guy was the best way of advising a comparison site.

-------------------

My personal hatred for adverts is any advert which decides to suddenly ramp up the volume by twice the noise so I have to spend my time constantly moving up and down the volume bar (always by a multiple of 5) just so I can avoid being deafened, but also hear the damn T.V.

And now people don't watch adverts because they kept being abusive. Reap what you bloody sow, you gits.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011

That woman with the backpacks is having far too much fun for what she's in.

And while not atrocious, per se, I watched Microsoft advertising Windows 8 (I think) and the song they used to advertise it?

Regina Spektor's Us. Which is about the fall of the Soviet Union.

What a terrible marketing decision; it's like they're trying to make people hate them.