Atrocious TV Shows

kemosabi4

May 12, 2009
I'm too tired to use the search bar, so I'm going to assume that anything similar is legally dead by now.

If you have a niche for memorizing these kinds of things, you may remember my Family Guy rant. It was shut down, possibly for risk of becoming a flame war. This is partly a response thread to my deceased topic that revealed the ugly truth behind one of the most popular shows in history.

As the title suggests, this is a thread for all of the shows you just couldn't watch. Shows that make you want to throw the remote through the television. If you can, post links, so you can share your pain with innocent bystanders.

I was watching TV because I couldn't get to sleep, and was unfortunately reminded of a shit show known as Tim and Eric: Awesome Show: Great Job. Written off as a sketch-comedy show that parodies the horrible acting in infomercials, it's more of an excuse for the no-talent actors to lazily roll through the sketches with no effort, leaving the "humor" to prop comedy and shock value. People have excused the show as intelligent humor, a parody-within-a-parody. However, the atrocious presentation just makes it seem that not enough effort is put into the show. The show is devoid of any subtlety or pacing. How a show like this could survive through the third season makes the mind reel. Below is the link to a video gallery of their show.

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here [http://www.adultswim.com/shows/timandericawesomeshow/indexpage.html#video]
If you want an extra treat, look up "chippy" in the video search bar.

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Anything that involves 'quirky down-to-earth characters who live on the dating scene meeting crazy people who are aldo quirky and off-the-wall wacky holy shit man".

Which includes any live action show where all the blonde women look the same.

sallene

Dec 11, 2008
American Idol, or anything that MTV(can it really still be called that?) produces.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
agreeing with the Tim and Eric Show. Some people just have a different sense of humor, or something, I guess. Anything recent on Cartoon Network. most of those shows that require judging, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, etc. The only one I've found the slightest interest in is America's got Talent.

May 27, 2008
idol, master chef, top model, big brother basically any reality show where people get jobs for doing completely unrelated challenges

kemosabi4

May 12, 2009
Also, dating shows where the contestants are brainless, ditzy whores who's breasts look like they're about to explode.

RedPandaMan

I bought this to skip ads.
Oct 23, 2008
Attack of the Show. Used to be good say, oh, 5 years ago? When Kevin Perierra used to be a side host and they had about 4 regular hosts, and they had a booth. Anyway, it went downhill once Olivia joined (only because she is hot) and has devolved into mainly internet memes and crude fart jokes.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader. They chose phenomenal retards for contestants on that show. I know they don't want to give out a million dollars every show, but come on, no one ever won, it was pathetic.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
All those 'samey' (and unfunny) american sitcoms, reality tv shows, comedy shows that just aren't funny (David letterman, Family guy, etc) and, especially above all others, those bullshit housewife daytime TV shows (y'know the type, Oprah, dr phil and the ones that only ever seem to advertise useless shit fall under this category).

Just pain beyond pain, I struggle to comprehend that there's an adequately sized market share to necissitate these shows.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Anything vaguely "reality TV". Seriously. That whole bloody genre can bugger off in fast jerky movements.

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
Most current sitcoms, daytime talk shows, "reality" TV, Jerry Springer and anyone like him, and Pokemon. They can all fuck right off for all I care.

Some of the British sitcoms are interesting, but I think they're reruns on PBS, so meh... don't catch them often anyhow, but I did get into "Are You Being Served?", even though its years older than me. For those who don't know, its a sitcom taking place in a higher-end department store, though anything beyond that is lost to me x-x

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
newguy77 said:
Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader. They chose phenomenal retards for contestants on that show. I know they don't want to give out a million dollars every show, but come on, no one ever won, it was pathetic.
Yeah, that one is bad. What made it even worse in Finland was that they didn't even give out any big amounts of money, since the tv companies aren't as rich as the ones in US. So instead of 1 million there was... 10 000 euros. It's a big ammount of money, but it wouldn't change your life. And the show sucked. Absolutely retarded.

Another bad one was (I'm not sure of original name if there was one) My dad is better than your dad. I mean it has guys picking up fake birds from fake trees tossing them to their possibly real sons. Seriously.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I remember those old shows like 'Honey we're killing the kids' about how fatty foods are making kids fat and ungly and they had that 'morphing technology' that showed it. I had real ethical issues with that show just because they had clearly just taken a picture of a little girl and then a picture of an overweight woman in her late thirites with a similar face then just found a way to morph the two together which is lying. Also it spoke as exploitative because they were tugging at the heart strings of concerned parents to get them all worried in order to get more ratings. That is loathesome. Capitalising on people's emotions.
That can be said for many other shows with similar premises, things where ethically I am against it.
I also hate Fox News and many other biased one dimensional propaganda television shows mascerading as journalism.

Finally all reality TV MUST DIE FAST

Jun 13, 2009
Jeremy Kyle Show. It's awful but hard to look away. I guess it's the knowledge that once you hit rock bottom you get to host a TV show that makes people intrigued by it.