Attacks Cause Sony to Rebuild PSN Infrastructure

Alkaline

Mar 12, 2011
Mr Snuffles said:
Happimunnettowaku, why it was mysterious. Downtime is now a part of himself, to improve a word that the network is also to Iku Tokoro and breathing Rutsuakusesu claims of recent events, including the thought-free anonymity from the moon Make sure that the month my son happy and hungry to build on the results of such attacks by my son.

School Board in terms of wetland area are recent posts from the children: "Cities that we, the satisfaction of the network, shut down the service that did the moon do regret that the heart of the re-With it, wee wee once again are getting online network has been existing locks on both, they have this problem, efforts to resolve please click on the system is also our Includes an infrastructure to enhance our network. "

This lead time has been observed that while providing some additional time famine systems, my son should be determined that the force can be added. He is not give a time frame for the process be strange if the heron was restored at his request not from Papaya, they have little patience for my happy spread famine me.

That something is seriously down here with my son, security, love, corruption is made ​​anonymously, but I do question the replacement aristocracy could not be trusted with the the network for all things . My son has been promoted to occur because it is anonymous Maza need to rebuild my recent problems at the ideal level with major changes in the company.

I love my son.
Quite frankly sir, my brain is now full of fuck.

Excellent work. :)

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Let's put it this way: Amazon had a server farm failure a couple of days ago, and they managed to get it back up in about two days. (Reddit, Foursquare and Giant Bomb are examples of websites affected) The most likely explanation I've heard for this? China was DDoSing a site hosted in that farm. PSN may have been DDoSed by a far smaller group of people, and it's down for replacement. I'd be inclined to blame Sony here for incompetence.

[Edit] I've read in a post in another forum that someone posted in a different forum that this is not Anonymous, but rather a Proper Black Hat Hacker. The theory goes that the PBHH dropped a virus in while he was accessing Sony's files, and Sony missed it when sealing out the PBHH. They didn't notice said virus until people were being disconnected from PSN and the whole system was coming to a halt. So now they're going to have to rebuild all of their databases. Don't expect this to be quick, and don't expect Sony to come out smelling of roses. For every person blaming Anonymous, there's at least three who haven't heard of them and are blaming Sony for their incompetence.

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Sony tells their customers to suck the giant Sony-meat often enough that it would be no surprise to me that someone tripped over a power cord and spilt their coffee on something crucial.

But hey, some folk enjoy that, y'know?

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
endnuen said:
Orcus The Ultimate said:
endnuen said:
So.. Steam on PSN now?
If only VALVe made some damn ps3 games
even console games are made using computers... plus valve made the orange box available for the ps3, so what's your point?
That it is hardly enough content to warrant steam on the console.
i agree, but it's better than nothing...

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Awexsome said:
oldtaku said:
You can't trust Anon and you can't trust Sony, so we may never find out what really happened.
You have to trust Sony more because although they can be dubious with the law at worst while Anon has complete disregard for it.
Uh, no. You're using the 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' fallacy here. Sony employees have a long history of bending the truth, so I can't trust their word on what the issue is. Nor do I trust Anon.

If Anon hacked Sony this bad then I'm going to sympathize with Sony on this, but I'm not sure who I would believe to report that right now. It'd have to be some third party doing an expose, like Wired, I guess.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
The irony of all of this is that as soon as they take it down for a system overhaul, I have the urge to log in to PSN. I hardly get on the thing, but I have an urgent want to do just that. Pesky.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Holy shit people... why are people still blaming Anonymous.....

They said they didn't do it, Sony didn't actually accuse them. And Anonymous never attacked the PSN, they attacked the Sony website.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
IF anonymous is the culprit then I lost all respect for them. It was great when they were fighting for net neutrality and wikileaks (things that matter and have the potential to change the world). Now this is just petty and it fucking pisses me off that I can't play psn. Geo Hotz or whoever the fuck he is can go fuck himself.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
endnuen said:
That it is hardly enough content to warrant steam on the console.
Orcus The Ultimate said:
i agree, but it's better than nothing...
You guys do know Steam is not about Valve games, just a general purpose store/service.

Sony did time this well, these server overhauls haveto be made every once in a while and people get pissed at you for every second you go offline, now they got hackers to take the hate and Sony became the martyr in peoples eyes.
But they are actually just doing a regular update, while avoiding hate and gaining support, that is evil genius.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
DefinitelyPsychotic said:
Its funny that if this is Anonymous, they are contradicting what they said in one of their previous videos posted up on YouTube. That they are "not targeting the PSN users, but Sony itself". But if this is Anonymous doing this, (like I stated above) targeting PSN directly affects the users.
Flip side of the same coin is that over a four-day weekend for many people, sony lost a good amount of revenue from rentals/psn purchases. Whoever did this [anon splinter cell or not] successfully hit sony's pocketbook.

It's also rumored that psn users' wallets will be supplied with an ample amount of change via anon at some point. Highly doubt it and further it would all be fully documented at what was added and purchased. Pretty silly if you ask me.

Further, I would have thought something like the geohot case would have happened with m$ before sony. I just hope DRM doesn't become any more ridiculous after this crap.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
soapyshooter said:
IF anonymous is the culprit then I lost all respect for them. It was great when they were fighting for net neutrality and wikileaks (things that matter and have the potential to change the world). Now this is just petty and it fucking pisses me off that I can't play psn. Geo Hotz or whoever the fuck he is can go fuck himself.
You can't have one without the other, bro.

Anon fights against censorship in any way.

To anon: Sony's legal fight against Geohot due to him doing what he wants with something he purchased is the same as US gov's attempt to shut Assange up.
Thus, to anon: sony has to pay for being dicks just like the US gov has to pay for being dicks.

I don't dig that the psn has been down, but anon's the scapegoat. I do dig that there's a group that keeps ignorance in check.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
i hope Key codes don't expire. i got four MK codes to put in from pre-ordering and the Kombat Pass.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee ... wouldn't it be ironic if they hacked psn using a ps3 ... and yeah i know the ps3 browser sucks