Au revoir et bonne chance, mes amis!

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
This post is primarily for me rather than anyone else, a mental line in the sand if you will, so feel free to skip to the TL:DR at the end.

Shortly before I joined here, I had come to the conclusion the past 10-15 years of drugged up partying and slide into heroin addiction had maybe not been such a great plan after all. Wondering what the fuck else there was to do in life, I looked back to before I got into sex, drugs and rock & roll, and remembered the nerdy stuff I had done as a kid.

Over the next 5 years I managed to use gaming, nerd stuff and this site, to slowly cut myself off from a rather insalubrious habit and social circle, just keeping to myself, playing games, painting Warhams, watching YouTube, posting here.

But that mission was accomplished over a decade ago. I began to realise, a few years ago now, that what was once a necessary pair of crutches, was holding me back. I was just living my life through a screen, and it was really no life at all.

Deliberate action and natural decay has got me to a point where I'm just not interested anymore. Games, Warhams, just fiction in general. Everything has been going through the motions out of habit, so I feel it would now be good for me to put a stop to that habit and say goodbye, admittedly with a bit of dust in my eye.

TL;DR

Video games aren't shit now, you guys don't suck, I've changed. The Escapist helped me dig myself out of a pretty deep hole, but it's time for me to go.

XsjadoBlaydette

~s•o√r∆rπy°`
May 26, 2022
Clear 'n Present Danger
Country
Must

Know what you mean, been pondering on multiple sides of multiple fences on what's worth what anymore. Am hoping music still works for you nonetheless, best of luck and much love for your journey onwards! 🤞🙏🙆

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Sad to see you go, mate, but you should do what you feel is best for you. Assuming you're still around to read this and haven't already closed the door behind you:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Sorry to see you leave, but at least you're earnestly scrutinizing your mental health, and making the strides to change. A lot of us are content to wallow in the routine even when we know it's not helping. Best of luck.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Deliberate action and natural decay has got me to a point where I'm just not interested anymore. Games, Warhams, just fiction in general. Everything has been going through the motions out of habit, so I feel it would now be good for me to put a stop to that habit and say goodbye, admittedly with a bit of dust in my eye.
By all means change thing to get some freshness, take a break for a while to explore new things, but never feel you have to give games up forever.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: bluegate

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
This post is primarily for me rather than anyone else, a mental line in the sand if you will, so feel free to skip to the TL:DR at the end.

Shortly before I joined here, I had come to the conclusion the past 10-15 years of drugged up partying and slide into heroin addiction had maybe not been such a great plan after all. Wondering what the fuck else there was to do in life, I looked back to before I got into sex, drugs and rock & roll, and remembered the nerdy stuff I had done as a kid.

Over the next 5 years I managed to use gaming, nerd stuff and this site, to slowly cut myself off from a rather insalubrious habit and social circle, just keeping to myself, playing games, painting Warhams, watching YouTube, posting here.

But that mission was accomplished over a decade ago. I began to realise, a few years ago now, that what was once a necessary pair of crutches, was holding me back. I was just living my life through a screen, and it was really no life at all.

TL;DR

Video games aren't shit now, you guys don't suck, I've changed. The Escapist helped me dig myself out of a pretty deep hole, but it's time for me to go.

Goodbye Zykon, whatever else comes your way, I hope it’s good :)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

TL;DR

Going to miss you. Good luck, be blessed, and stay safe.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

For your sake I hope that isn’t just the ”old” life talking.

j/k but seriously we’ll keep a lookout in case you pop in someday on the path to your best self.

Reactions: BrawlMan