Australian News Site Makes Hilarious Star Trek Apology

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Oh my. I never understood the whole "Nerd Rage" thing. I am a nerd and proud of the fact, but I never got upset when popular culture got things wrong about vidja games or anime back when they weren't main stream.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Matt_LRR said:
Andy Chalk said:
Galaxy Class Starships Enterprise-D and Enterprise-E."
THE ENTREPRISE E WAS SOVEREIGN CLASS~!

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

-m
IT'S SPELLED ENTERPRISE, NOT ENTREPRISE!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

OT: Sadly as it is, I likely would have pointed out all of those things as well. Learn your Star Trek if you are going to sell a product based on it, people! *Shakes fist menacingly*

Skeneo

Apr 16, 2009
Goldeneye1989 said:
minimacker said:
Australians are hereby epic trolls.
No we are not, also have you heard about drop bears.
Bloody Rupert Murdoch and his lack of Star Trek knowledge, also I can't afford to ride a kangaroo to work so I use a wombat instead.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Okay, first: *buys manual*.

Second: Hee hee hee... both original article and apology have given me much to giggle over.

Lion_Slicer

Sep 14, 2010
I wouldn't be so generous to news.com.au for their apology.

They're just another cog in Murdoch's media machine.
News.com.au is pure evil.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
The Shade said:

A handsome man.

-----------------

OT: Everybody knows that the Enterprise-E was the most badass of them all, anyway. It was an actual warship!
While the E was badass, I'm more partial to the Enterprise-D. There is just something to be said for a starship that is like a luxury liner with massive amounts of fire power.

Yes in war time I would most likely go with the E, but in peace time I would cruise around in the D.

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
Skeneo said:
Goldeneye1989 said:
minimacker said:
Bloody Rupert Murdoch and his lack of Star Trek knowledge, also I can't afford to ride a kangaroo to work so I use a wombat instead.
Everyone knows the rich people ride emus
My country is best at trolling

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
cocoro67 said:
Skeneo said:
Goldeneye1989 said:
minimacker said:
Everyone knows the rich people ride emus
Oh pah, that's not true at all. They ride poor people like in every other country.

Amusingly enough, the poll on that page asks "Which class starship is the best?" The final option is "Those NNC ones". Can you guess which has the most votes?

Imperator Nick

Nov 27, 2009
While part of me is vibrating with rage at them posting a Trek article without even the most basic research - Another is loving their sense of humour about the whole thing

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol trolling their readers. Not as good as Scalia Trolling California [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/8299-Critical-Miss-Trolling-for-Justice] but still funny nonetheless XD

Druyn

May 6, 2010
This is stupid. I mean really? Its star trek. I can understand that it bugs people when people get things wrong, and it bugs me too, but this is just stupid.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Druyn said:
This is stupid. I mean really? Its star trek. I can understand that it bugs people when people get things wrong, and it bugs me too, but this is just stupid.
I dunno how to post pictures so here's a link,

http://xkcd.com/386/