Australian women's national football team lost 7-0 to 15 year old boy team.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
So I just came across this story and it's quite interesting, puts things in perspective.

It reminds me of back when there was arguments about the pay women's football gets compared to the men's. These boys should get payd just as much in their school league too! XD

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
...k?

Like, I have no idea what you want us to do with this five year old story. The story doesn't even given any real context besides that the women's team didn't have their full rotation (it talks about how they had one of their star players but for all we know, she played for one minute or ninety minutes, the story says absolutely nothing about it) and specifically states that the team was missing their overseas players (is that one person or is that half the fucking team story?). Maybe mitigating factors caused the ladies to lose like that or maybe the guys are just plain better than the ladies and the score line shows it but you'd never know reading the story.

There is nothing in this story or in your post that gives any kind of value to the story so I have no idea what it is you're expecting anyone to say here...

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Just pay the men way less. Problem solved.

Reactions: Kwak

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Like, I have no idea what you want us to do with this five year old story

so I have no idea what it is you're expecting anyone to say here...
I agree with everything else you said (good catch on this being 5 years old, missed that myself). But I think we just might possibly be able to deduce something of the OP's motives.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So I just came across this story and it's quite interesting, puts things in perspective.

It reminds me of back when there was arguments about the pay women's football gets compared to the men's. These boys should get payd just as much in their school league too! XD
Christ, you couldn’t even be bothered to bait your hook.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I wonder how many times a little league team beats a MLB team/player since the MLB team/player was playing nice with them and letting them win. The only reason this is considered 'news' is cause it fits into a gendered narrative so we can say "all men are better then all women, take that feminists."

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Maybe this is one of those "10 year old scores goal on Messi" stories.
If not it's pretty embarrassing.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
What if the boys team had girls playing? My high school soccer boys team had a girl that played and was a starter.

Athletes should get paid by how much revenue the games bring in like the US women's soccer team brings in more revenue than the men's team but makes less money.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Maybe this is one of those "10 year old scores goal on Messi" stories.
If not it's pretty embarrassing.
Maybe. A lot depends on context. Was it just a warm-up game for exercise? Was the manager trying out new players, tactics? And so on.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Maybe. A lot depends on context. Was it just a warm-up game for exercise? Was the manager trying out new players, tactics? And so on.
Yeah, it was just a friendly training match where the gals were trying new things and rotating players. Only reason it's newsworthy is because this sort of game doesn't usually go 7-0.

So it's an outlier on top of being not that serious for a wide variety of reasons. Doesn't stop this singular 6 year old story from popping up whenever some dude has an *opinion* on women's sport, whether it's pay for players or cost of girls sports or attention payed to or promotion of or "natural differences in the sexes" or trans people or whatever.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Yeah, it was just a friendly training match where the gals were trying new things and rotating players. Only reason it's newsworthy is because this sort of game doesn't usually go 7-0.

So it's an outlier on top of being not that serious for a wide variety of reasons. Doesn't stop this singular 6 year old story from popping up whenever some dude has an *opinion* on women's sport, whether it's pay for players or cost of girls sports or attention payed to or promotion of or "natural differences in the sexes" or trans people or whatever.
Thank you the only time this ever comes up when the discussion is all those reasons as some sort of ultimate rebuttal. To the point that the guys obsessed with it can be easy to gage their view of feminism and gender.

Also why did Dreiko bring this up and put what into perspective?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
If I had to guess why this story is making the rounds again, the NCAA college basketball tournament is running right now and the men's and women's accommodations are hilariously unequal.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
If I had to guess why this story is making the rounds again, the NCAA college basketball tournament is running right now and the men's and women's accommodations are hilariously unequal.
Have not looked at accomondations but I did watch the tournaments and there was good basketball all around. Need to look into that because all colleges are using these young people as cash cows for money they won't see at least give some nice utilities equally.