Avatar Makes Billion in Record Time

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Magnatek said:
(ala Back to the Future), the movie has just about hit 84 miles an hour.
Isn't it 88 miles an hour?

edit-

Oh, I see, because it almost made history. I get it

OT:

I think it deserves it. I loved Avatar.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
Magnatek said:
(ala Back to the Future), the movie has just about hit 84 miles an hour.
Isn't it 88 miles an hour?

edit-

Oh, I see, because it almost made history. I get it
Exactly. It hasn't officially been recorded, as the movie hasn't reached all shores yet. Once it has, though, that's when I feel it will be fully taken into account into the film records.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
I can see why its makin all this money I just would like to know how much it cost to make? 300million? 400? over 9000?!?

-M

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
waahh thats amazing, i kinda hate how i couldnt go see it in 3D but meh, still a great movie

ike42

Feb 25, 2009
Noelveiga said:
ike42 said:
Noelveiga said:
it isn't even the best sci-fi epic this year.
Name a better one.
I'd say District 9 fits. Just barely, but still.
Well then your opinion is worthless because I really wanted to like District 9 but walked out of the movie feeling robbed. It was poorly written, directed and acted. The story was very ham-handed and completely lacked any sort of subtlety. The movie was really just boring. Avatar on the other hand told a somewhat familiar story in a completely new was, was immensely detailed and lacked in no single area that I or anyone I've spoken to can name.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Kollega said:
Well, i guess that eye candy is just that good. I'd watch it if storyline was less blunt, but i guess transparent analogies work perfectly for non-philosophising masses. Oh well. Sometimes, first duty of writers is restatement of the obvious.
You don't have to reinvent the wheel for a movie to be great. Avatar does have many cliches, yes; however, it executes them fairly flawlessly. While it's not my favourite movie ever (that honour goes to Children of Men, it's still an excellent film.