Avengers 2 Official Synopsis Confirms Vision Origin

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Guffe said:
No Falcon? No WarMachine? No WinterSoldier?
AAAaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

I was hoping at least some "sidekicks" would be making the roster a bit bigger. Then again I guess too big of a group would be difficult to handle.
Winter Soldier/Bucky Barnes is still on the lam after the events of Winter Soldier. Supposedly, Captain America and Falcon take a break from their search for him to deal with the events of this film, and that is mentioned expressly.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Robot-Jesus said:
The "old friend in a new form" is obviously a reference to Paul Bettany's performance as Chaucer in A Knights Tale, who will be the personality basis for The Vision.
He's going to fight for the spectators of cheapside.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Jesus. How are they planning to make every character have a decent amount of screen time on top of all these newcomers?
Avengers handled it fairly well even if a lot of the characters had a lot of scenes that were fairly dull (Captain America firefight anybody?), but adding what, 4 characters into the continuity (as more than just a cameo in the post-credits) and using previous characters.
I'll be impressed if they manage it without the movie ending up as some 3 hours long or something.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Spoiler what spoiler? I thought it was going to give detail on how Jarvis become Vision! Like I don't know maybe Ultron hijack Jarvis AI and place it into a suit he created (Vision body) to be his servent thinking he knows that Jarvis must be fed up putting up with Stark antic and being the whole AI is superior to human meatbag!

C. Cain

Oct 3, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
Jesus. How are they planning to make every character have a decent amount of screen time on top of all these newcomers? (...)
They don't have to. I suppose they'll try, but the Avengers always featured a rotating cast.

ShadowHamster

Mar 17, 2008
I love the marvel cinematic universe so far, even with some things I see as problems(not okay with Thor's portrayal, even if Thor 2 was better than Thor 1. I don't go to a Thor movie to watch airship fights, I go to watch him epicly hammer people and talk old english! Plus, in the Marvel universe you don't get to be Thor without being worthy, which isn't chosen as a trial, so felt that was fail too, but ah well.), that being said, there are some important reasons this news upsets me. I love Paul Bettany but that seals the deal that Iron Man will make Ultron. Here are my problems:

1. Iron Man has made non-lethal A.I.s in the past. Two options here, the inventor of Ultron himself is a secret, and Iron Man makes Vision as a counter-response, or Iron Man himself makes Ultron. I feel the first one hurts the story of Vision, who basically has to betray his father every time Ultron shows up, or it hurts Iron Man, who has enough stability to build J.A.R.V.I.S. in the first place, but then still messes up Ultron.

2. This is a further problem for me since Ultron doesn't just become evil, he loses his shit because his A.I. is based on brain scans of Henry Pym, who is actually mentally imbalanced. Henry Pym has a brain more capable of suffering from Disassociative Identity Disorder, which he fully develops into a split personality after he makes Ultron, who he built during a high stress moment of his life. Ultron would never have gone crazy without this extreme split in the original model. How are they going to bring that full circle for the Ultron movie, because it seems important to me. I don't want another "OH MY GOD TECHNOLOGY WILL KILL YOU!" movie. We've hit the bottom of the barrel of that group of movies with Transcendence.

3. With an Antman movie around the corner why would it be hard to get Henry Pym in here. He is confirmed to be an older entity by the time the Avengers start up since he will be older in the Antman movie, with the modern day antman being Scott Lang. Feels like another missed opportunity to connect their world.

4. I'm okay with it, but I really love Antman and he's already lost the title of Avengers creator, and now he's losing the title of Ultron Creator. What exactly did Pym do of any importance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

None of these will kill the movie. They could still make a good Ultron movie, but it feels disingenuous from the start for me.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
ShadowHamster said:
3. With an Antman movie around the corner why would it be hard to get Henry Pym in here. He is confirmed to be an older entity by the time the Avengers start up since he will be older in the Antman movie, with the modern day antman being Scott Lang. Feels like another missed opportunity to connect their world.
It is likely that they knew the Ant-man movie was not going to be ready on time, and they changed the script to make both Vision and Ultron part of Stark's screw ups.

ShadowHamster

Mar 17, 2008
hermes200 said:
ShadowHamster said:
It is likely that they knew the Ant-man movie was not going to be ready on time, and they changed the script to make both Vision and Ultron part of Stark's screw ups.
I actually think this has more to do with Robert Downey Jr. costing a lot, and killing him off being a big twist. Not okay with it still. :/

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
ShadowHamster said:
hermes200 said:
ShadowHamster said:
I actually think this has more to do with Robert Downey Jr. costing a lot, and killing him off being a big twist. Not okay with it still. :/
RDJ is signed on for Avengers 3, so if he gets killed, that's where it'll probably happen. Unless they kill him off and bring him back I mean.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
I was actually rather fond of the way they did Vision's back story in the recent cartoon Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I would highly recommend watching it if you need an Avengers fix before the movie comes out next year.