Avengers: Age of Ultron Story and Dialogue Details Fly Out

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Avengers: Age of Ultron Story and Dialogue Details Fly Out

Plot details and even dialogue for the main antagonist from Avengers: Age of Ultron are revealed! Spoilers within.

Just yesterday, we showed you what Ultron will look like in The Avengers film sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136195-First-Official-Ultron-Image-Drops-And-It-Doesnt-Suck]. And I have to admit, he doesn't look bad -- at least from what we can see. Now, in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, we know a few details regarding the story and even some of Ultron's (James Spader) dialogue. Needless to say, some of the things listed below might be considered spoiler-ish by some, so proceed at your own risk.

According to Chris Evans, who plays Captain America in the super sequel, "A lot of times when Ultron starts talking, it's beautiful...It's really intelligent stuff. He's out to do the things he wants to do because he's disgusted with X, Y, and Z. You could probably sit down with Ultron and have a really intelligent conversation. He could blow your mind with his views."

The magazine also reveals part of Ultron's dialogue that reads, "I know you're 'good' people...I know you mean well... but you just didn't think it through... There is only one path to peace... your extermination." Also of note, the magazine feature also confirms that Ultron's character begins as one of Tony Stark's (Robert Downey Jr.) "Iron Legion," which is a team of Iron Man-like robots that Stark is using to continue his heroic deeds in his absence.

Avengers: Age of Ultron cast and crew are presently in London filming the sequel for its targeted May 1, 2015 release.

Source: Coming Soon [http://www.ew.com/ew/]

TheMemoman

Mar 11, 2013
Goddamnit! I'm just about as hyped as I can physically take with Guardians Of The Galaxy, and now this slew of awesomeness?! Am I an Asgardian with an arc reactor powered heart and super serum enhanced nerves?!

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
While I'm sad that Ultron is no longer a creation of Dr. Pym, I can understand why this is the case given how by all accounts the Ant-Man movie is a clusterfuck. Still, it makes me sad. :(

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
matrix3509 said:
While I'm sad that Ultron is no longer a creation of Dr. Pym, I can understand why this is the case given how by all accounts the Ant-Man movie is a clusterfuck. Still, it makes me sad. :(
Ant-Man in the comics is just as screwed up. I mean, let's be honest, Hank Pym is one of the worst superheroes of all time, between creating genocidal robots, nearly killing his friends, beating his wife... It's been a long road to recovery for him, and I doubt out of the legion of superheroes kids want to grow up to be "that guy who punched his wife in the face". Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

The movie universe does its own thing but it does it well. Tony is established as an inventor of not just robotics and armor, but also sentient A.I. (JARVIS), and along with his egotism and his status shift in Iron Man 3 makes him a natural and organic new creator of Ultron. I mean, Pym may have created Ultron (from Wonder Man's brainwaves...), but Tony ALSO created a sentient suit of armor that went psychotic and tried to murder a ton of people as well.

I think the lesson we should learn is "didn't you ever watch Terminator? The machines WILL rebel and try and wipe out humanity! Stop making sentient robots!"

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Oh I'm familiar with Pym's history, and I had tons of cynicism of Marvel's ability to make a good movie out Ant-Man, but then I saw The Winter Soldier, and most of my doubts disappeared.

Plus there was a part of me that hoped Marvel would just refuse to acknowledge Hank Pym as anything other than a villain, and make a movie with Scott Lang as Ant-Man instead.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Trishbot said:
beating his wife...
Look i'm not defending Pym as it is one part of a long list of Derp but he did not "Beat" his wife, he did strike her hard and even though he was stressed doesn't excise his actions Reed Richards is by far worse when it comes to the Women Hero Beaters of Marvel. He's also a Bigger A-Hole.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Please let there be a teaser trailer coming soon.

While I'm slightly bummed over the continuity change for Ultron's origin, that's mostly due to bad writers and/or bad decisions on Marvel's part on developing Hank Pym. But seeing the cinematic version of Ultron come to pass due to Tony's own hubris is definitely a good change.

God, SDCC cannot come sooner.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
V4Viewtiful said:
Trishbot said:
beating his wife...
Look i'm not defending Pym as it is one part of a long list of Derp but he did not "Beat" his wife, he did strike her hard and even though he was stressed doesn't excise his actions Reed Richards is by far worse when it comes to the Women Hero Beaters of Marvel. He's also a Bigger A-Hole.
Beat (v): "to strike violently".

(literally one of the first images that turns up when you google "Henry Pym")

Yeah, and Chris Brown didn't beat Rihanna either....

Granted, his entire comic book history is defined by this moment in time, and that's probably not fair... but I guess it is a good thing we don't condone spousal abuse and forgive so easily.

... But I wouldn't be surprised if that's THE main reason Henry Pym isn't the lead in the Ant-Man movie.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Trishbot said:
V4Viewtiful said:
Trishbot said:
beating his wife...
Beat (v): "to strike violently".

(literally one of the first images that turns up when you google "Henry Pym")

Yeah, and Chris Brown didn't beat Rihanna either....

Granted, his entire comic book history is defined by this moment in time, and that's probably not fair... but I guess it is a good thing we don't condone spousal abuse and forgive so easily.

... But I wouldn't be surprised if that's THE main reason Henry Pym isn't the lead in the Ant-Man movie.
The definition i'm most familiar with is the constant flurry of strikes. So one strike in my mind a Beat doesn't make. No Matter

And you're probably right about why it may be the reason Pym isn't the main Ant-Man and that's a shame. But I think Marvel handled this domestic story better than others I don't care to mention.